Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertango View Post
    The whole "we didn't prepare for this competition because we are in good shape" is baffling to me
    Thanks for posting the link, Libertango.

Not preparing because of being in good shape is baffling to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Anyway what they said about not training and how they were glad that it was the end of the season so they didn't put in 100% really irked me.
    It irks me as well. None of the other teams showed up unprepared.

During the time frame between Worlds and the WTT, V/M went home to London for that event to try to drum up business support for 2013 Worlds. They did a couple of radio interviews afterwards--from the car, on the way back to Canton. In one of them, they made the remark that they were on their way back to train that afternoon because they had another competetion coming up and couldn't miss a whole day of training.

Buried somewhere in Elena's twitter feed are a few comments about wanting to skate as well as V/M do. Well, if she wants them to skate as well as V/M, they're going to have to start by emulating V/M in getting to the bloody rink and getting to work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    gee, it's easy to pontificate on "work ethics" while comfortably sitting in a chair !
    What a pointless comment. If anyone here aspired to be world and Olympic champions, we wouldn't be sitting in our chairs and posting on the internet. The cold hard fact is that NONE of the other teams went on vacation prior to Moscow but I know that more than one team/skater who CANCELLED planned vacations because of the shift in the date for Worlds, as well as pulling out of shows and tours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    It's not new inforrmation.
    Quite to the contrary, this is completely new information, because one of I/K's complaints at the time was that they had to share ice with other people, e.g. Tomas Verner, who skated with their group while they were preparing for the WC in Moscow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Quite to the contrary, this is completely new information, because one of I/K's complaints at the time was that they had to share ice with other people, e.g. Tomas Verner, who skated with their group while they were preparing for the WC in Moscow.
    Zhulin complained about it publically at the time. There was an interview with translations posted here. There was also the Ice Network interview with I&K. This information may be new to you, but anyone who followed the threads around the shift of Worlds to Moscow would have been aware of it.

vCash
    Zhulin complained about it publically at the time. There was an interview with translations posted here. There was also the Ice Network interview with I&K. This information may be new to you, but anyone who followed the threads around the shift of Worlds to Moscow would have been aware of it.
    All I remember was Nikita complaining that Zhulin wasn't around enough for their coaching & claiming that they had to work out lifts by looking at other skaters on youtube, and Zhulin countering with general comments about them not always having a great work ethic. You may be confusing his comments with TAT's earlier in the season about them having too much of a break over the summer before the 2010-11 season, but as I said before, that was largely due to Nikita's back problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    You may be confusing his comments with TAT's earlier in the season about them having too much of a break over the summer before the 2010-11 season, but as I said before, that was largely due to Nikita's back problems.
    No, I'm not confusing anything. Zhulin gave an interview wherein he said they went on vacation after Worlds was cancelled. He seemed absolutely disgusted by this. I am aware of TAT's comments at the beginning of the season and she blamed Zhulin for not booking enough ice time for his teams. At that point Zhulin initially floated the idea that the team wasn't working hard enough.

Why do you find this so hard to believe when they did the same thing this season and didn't practice for the World Team Trophy?

vCash
    No, I'm not confusing anything. Zhulin gave an interview wherein he said they went on vacation after Worlds was cancelled. He seemed absolutely disgusted by this. I am aware of TAT's comments at the beginning of the season and she blamed Zhulin for not booking enough ice time for his teams. At that point Zhulin initially floated the idea that the team wasn't working hard enough.

Why do you find this so hard to believe when they did the same thing this season and didn't practice for the World Team Trophy?
    Maybe it would help if you found a link to the exact interview, Dragonlady.

vCash

It seems to me that Zhulin was far too keen to blame anyone else when he started spreading himself too thin and did not have enough time to give them. I think the question should be, why are you so keen to believe Zhulin rather than believing the skaters who explained that they did not have very good working conditions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    Maybe it would help if you found a link to the exact interview, Dragonlady.
    I don't have access to the archives to do so.

When Zhulin initially complained about I&K's lack of work ethic, I thought he was making excuses for himself. TAT said they lacked sufficient ice time and I tended to believe her, but when the team went on vacation before Moscow Worlds, I started to believe that the work ethic issue might be the reason why they've shown no significant improvement since they moved to seniors. That they did the same thing this season, pretty much confirms it.

I don't see I&K getting better at the pace of say D&W or V&M who worked their butts off when they got to seniors, and continue to do so. I don't think I&K have improved significantly since they first moved to seniors. The only reason they beat B&S at Worlds was because B&S had the worst programs I've ever seen them skate.

vCash
    P&B never complained about lack of ice time and they improved a lot with Zhulin's help.

vCash
    I don't have access to the archives to do so.

When Zhulin initially complained about I&K's lack of work ethic, I thought he was making excuses for himself. TAT said they lacked sufficient ice time and I tended to believe her, but when the team went on vacation before Moscow Worlds, I started to believe that the work ethic issue might be the reason why they've shown no significant improvement since they moved to seniors. That they did the same thing this season, pretty much confirms it.

I don't see I&K getting better at the pace of say D&W or V&M who worked their butts off when they got to seniors, and continue to do so. I don't think I&K have improved significantly since they first moved to seniors. The only reason they beat B&S at Worlds was because B&S had the worst programs I've ever seen them skate.
    Maybe you're referring to this:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=78787&page=5

vCash
    No. This is not it.

vCash
    I just read all the posts from the last couple pages of this thread and don't understand where this discussion has gone. Does any of this relate to Shpilband-Zueva? It seems mostly to be about criticizing/defending I-K, who, last I heard, train in Russia. Are they coming to Michigan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I just read all the posts from the last couple pages of this thread and don't understand where this discussion has gone. Does any of this relate to Shpilband-Zueva? It seems mostly to be about criticizing/defending I-K, who, last I heard, train in Russia. Are they coming to Michigan?
    These are all good questions. Typical FSU thread drift.

vCash
    No. This is not it.
    Now I'm really curious....

vCash
    Well Elena used to train with them

vCash
    Now I'm really curious....

It was not in the any I&K thread, it was in a general discussion thread on the move to Moscow, like who would benefit most from the delay or something like that.

vCash
    All this talk about I & K those two peaked @ 5th place and it's downhill from here on!

Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Serious OTT going there.

(Chock & Babs)
    A match made in heaven!!

vCash
    I don't understand how Barbara F-P is joining Igor S but will not leave Italy. Will she use Skype?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TwizzlerS View Post
    I don't understand how Barbara F-P is joining Igor S but will not leave Italy. Will she use Skype?
    I imagine she will join them for a time and return to Italy.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast