Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

vCash
    ^^ Will skaters under Igor perform in that exhibition?

YEAH!
    vCash
    So Igor brought in Marina Klimova to handle some of the finer points. I bet it would be easier for her to take Zoueva's job alongside Igor than it will be for Zoueva to find a new "Igor."

I think Igor should bring in all of the great dance divas of the 90s on a rotating basis to help his teams. Like Klimova, Anissina, Usova & Grishuk (you couldn't have the latter two at the same time!).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    So Igor brought in Marina Klimova to handle some of the finer points. I bet it would be easier for her to take Zoueva's job alongside Igor than it will be for Zoueva to find a new "Igor."

I think Igor should bring in all of the great dance divas of the 90s on a rotating basis to help his teams. Like Klimova, Anissina, Usova & Grishuk (you couldn't have the latter two at the same time!).
    OMGSSZZZ HEE SHOULD INLY BRING PASHA IN BEUCASE ONLY PASHA CAN SAVE ICE DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(From ESTA)

I think that's a great idea though (Klimova and all the others) because it will also give him more politick power.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Where's your sense of adventure and drama?

Maybe one could work with Igor and one with Marina...

vCash
    That's an intriguing little nugget (regarding Marina K). It seems that Igor really likes having a counterpart to work with rather than going it alone as a coach.

While Marina K would be a lovely performance coach (she's a legendary performer) I don't know that her choreographic ideas would be all that good- the programs that she's given her son, Anthony, a dancer on the intermediate level have been re-tread program ideas- almost direct copies of her old programs or T&D old programs. If he's looking for someone with good program ideas, he might like to knock on Sharon Baker's door in Seattle. Her program ideas for her son Jean-Luc and his former partner Joylyn were always really interesting and original though she coaches with her husband so the program ideas might be a collaborative endeavor. And that would be a coaching threesome instead of just a twosome.

Wonder if Marina K would really consider re-locating from west coast to MI if the opportunity were to present itself. It's a great coaching career move but what would that mean for her husband? Isn't Sergei P a technical caller for Russia?

Hmm tons of questions can't wait to see how it all sorts itself out.

vCash
    so is Zoueva going solo or something? She better find a kick-ass partner pronto!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    The choreography Marina does for the local skaters is at least as good as what Zoueva does.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Not that I see this happening but Igor could have an in with Grishuk, because one of the girls in his current teams was a long time student of Grishuks! And like ESTA I would be over the moon if she were doing choreo for his teams!

vCash
    So Igor brought in Marina Klimova to handle some of the finer points. .
    Oh this is REALLY good news, I think. Marina was pure ballerina in everything she did. She will definitely help with the style, movement and point or Igor's dancers - in fact just what they need IMO.

WTH are D/W thinking staying with Zueva???? this new Sphilband/Klimova combination sounds like just what they need.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreIce View Post
    Not that I see this happening but Igor could have an in with Grishuk, because one of the girls in his current teams was a long time student of Grishuks! And like ESTA I would be over the moon if she were doing choreo for his teams!
    Oh interesting, who is that?

Imagine if I&K went there, and Ilinykh worked with Grishuk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Oh this is REALLY good news, I think. Marina was pure ballerina in everything she did. She will definitely help with the style, movement and point or Igor's dancers - in fact just what they need IMO.

WTH are D/W thinking staying with Zueva???? this new Sphilband/Klimova combination sounds like just what they need.
    : I've been wanting D/W to work with Klimova forever. I think working with her would be awesome. She could really help D/W finish their moves with more extension and toe point.

I'm still holding out hope that D/W will move to Igor, if not this year then at least for the Olympics!

vCash
    If Meryl is dating Fedor, I'd be surprised if they left Marina Z.

Are Klimova & Ponomorenko still married? Can't imagine she'd want to move from California to suburban Detroit.

Any news on where Riazanova & Tkachenko ended up? Marina or Igor?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    If Meryl is dating Fedor, I'd be surprised if they left Marina Z.

Are Klimova & Ponomorenko still married? Can't imagine she'd want to move from California to suburban Detroit.

Any news on where Riazanova & Tkachenko ended up? Marina or Igor?
    As far as I know they're still married. Personally, I thought they were magic when they skated. But they have not had great success with their skaters. Maybe because of where they teach? Marina is so quiet and gentle, would she be a good match for Igor?

vCash
    I think it's exactly the opposite.

vCash
    At artonice.it it was published that Igor Shpilband asked Barbara Fusar-Poli to join him at Novi. She said that she will join his group in August but won't leave Italy completely.

vCash
    Thanks for the info. It's good to know that he's in the process of putting things in the place

vCash
    I'm sorry if this has been posted before. Barbara is their coach. It probably has something to do with this.
    http://www.ice-dance.com/news/genera...caruso-reunite

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been posted before. Barbara is their coach. It probably has something to do with this.
    Thanks for the link! Slightly OT though, did they make a decision on where their training camp would be? I read the article/announcement on that link but it's not clear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    OK, so Barbara will only be in Novi with the German team? And I guess maybe doing some work with Igor's other teams while she's there? But it's only short-term?

vCash
    Babs and Klimova joining Igor. Babs and Klimova. You just can't go wrong, can you?? And if you do go wrong, Babs will stare the "right" back into you.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast