Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Who in the US is with Krylova / Camerlengo ?
    Aside from hubbell/donohue, Aldridge and eaton are also with krylova/camerlengo. They finished 3rd at world juniors..

vCash
    Maybe Boy Hubbell & new partner too?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertango View Post
    Maybe Boy Hubbell & new partner too?
    Yes, they are at DSC as are Bonacorsi/Lorello.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    I believe the new team of Hawayek/Baker also

vCash
    Maybe now some teams will move to Shpilband from DSC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Maybe now some teams will move to Shpilband from DSC?
    What would be the point? DSC is an established operation, the skaters seem happy there, and Krylova and Camerlengo (and their team) are getting great results. Unless something goes wrong there, the current teams have no incentive to leave, certainly not before they see what Shpilband does on his own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    What would be the point? DSC is an established operation, the skaters seem happy there, and Krylova and Camerlengo (and their team) are getting great results. Unless something goes wrong there, the current teams have no incentive to leave, certainly not before they see what Shpilband does on his own.
    They have 18 teams now. Will all off them have enough attention?

vCash
    They have 18 teams now. Will all off them have enough attention?
    Who are the 18 teams? That's the first I've heard of them having that many ice dancers.

Although people generally refer to Krylova and Camerlengo, there are at least three other coaches involved in the training of the competitive dance teams: Massimo Scali, Liz Swallow and Natalia Annenko.

vCash
    Maybe i am wrong

Weaver-Poje
    Pechalat-Bourzat
    Hubbel-Donahue
    Olson-Hubbel
    Bonacorsi/Lorello.
    Australian team
    Italians
    Aldridg-Eaton
    Junior USA team

vCash
    Ice dancers pictured at the recent DSC ice show photos on IN & IFS included: Pechalat and Bourzat (FRA), Weaver and Poje (CAN), Hubbell and Donohue (USA), Alessandrini and Vaturi (ITA), Aldridge and Eaton, Ian Lorello (by himself), Danielle O'Brien and Greg Merriman (AUS), Johanna Allik (EST), and Jordan Cowan (retired). I assume Allik/Paul Bellantuono are still together?

I think Paul/Islam (CAN) are there for summer training only?

There are at least 7 U.S. teams currently coached by Camerlengo, Krylova, Scali, Annenko-Deller and Liz Punsalan-Swallow and they are:
    SR - Hubbell/Donohue, Anastasia Olson/Keiffer Hubbell (new), Lauri Bonacorsi/Ian Lorello (new);
    JR - Aldridge/Eaton, Kaitlin Hawayek/Jean-Luc Baker (new), Jessica Mancini/Brad Kleffman (new), Holly Moore/Daniel Klaber (novice champs, now full-time at DSC, I believe).

ETA: Refer to the posts below that confirm that Alessandrini/Vaturi (ITA) are training full-time at DSC.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-18-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    So at least 12? Thank you, Silvia!
    I am not sure Alessandrini/Vaturi there only for summer, because they were with P. Camerlengo at WCh in Nice and Scally talked about them in interview in Nice.

vCash
    So at least 12? Thank you, Silvia!
    I am not sure Alessandrini/Vaturi there only for summer, because they were with P. Camerlengo at WCh in Nice and Scally talked about them in interview in Nice.
    There was an interview before Worlds with Alessandrini/Vaturi and there it sounded like it is a permanent thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    There was an interview before Worlds with Alessandrini/Vaturi and there it sounded like it is a permanent thing.
    Yep, they are training full-time in Detroit
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    I would not be surprised if Igor recruits Liz Punsalan to work with his teams. Surely he is going to need help with his students on the day to day. Right now I know he only has the two teams that have been icenetwork confirmed but it's hard for me to believe he doesn't have a bunch of students already that we just haven't heard about. I think Liz would make a great assistant for him. Probably way more trustworthy and less with her head in the clouds than the last one. . .

vCash
    Also, I am very intrigued by the new Olson/Hubbell partnership. I see lots of promise there. I know there were some photos of the two in one of the other threads (can not seem to find). . . they both looked very strong and athletic. I love athletic skaters. (:

vCash
    Regarding DSC, another thread mentioned Alexandra Paul and Mitchell Islam with Pasquale at least through the summer. There is also Matt Kleffman who is with a Canadian girl. I think that brings it up to a minimum of 15 teams. I read he was working with Plushenko on choreography too. Even with a large coaching team assisting him he must be a very busy man to fit all that in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twizzletoes76 View Post
    I would not be surprised if Igor recruits Liz Punsalan to work with his teams. Surely he is going to need help with his students on the day to day. Right now I know he only has the two teams that have been icenetwork confirmed but it's hard for me to believe he doesn't have a bunch of students already that we just haven't heard about. I think Liz would make a great assistant for him. Probably way more trustworthy and less with her head in the clouds than the last one. . .
    I think it would be an awkward position for Liz Punsalan to take, as her husband, Jerod Swallow, is the director at the DSC. She is listed as one of the coaches of the teams working at DSC.

vCash
    So are Bonacorsi-Lorello officially a new couple? I hadn't heard that, guess I've been out of the loop. Was it announced in any recent article?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twizzletoes76 View Post
    Also, I am very intrigued by the new Olson/Hubbell partnership. I see lots of promise there. I know there were some photos of the two in one of the other threads (can not seem to find).
    I've posted the link to an Olson/Hubbell photo shoot in their thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...35#post3598035
    (I also cross-posted the list of known Camerlengo/Krylova/etc. teams training at DSC in that thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    So are Bonacorsi-Lorello officially a new couple? I hadn't heard that, guess I've been out of the loop. Was it announced in any recent article?
    AFAIK there hasn't been a news article or official announcement for Bonacorsi/Lorello yet, just hearsay info posted here on FSU.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    She is, but she was not as good as her predecessors Krylova and Grishuk.

It is officially the off-season.
    Well you've got me there, but I think I'd still shag and cliff the other two.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast