Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

vCash

TRUE BLOOD Discussion -- Fifth Time's The Charm?

Wow, no one else has started a True Blood thread yet? I'm very surprised since there was a lot going on in the episode last night.

Did NOT like Eric's shenanigans with Maid Marian-ooops-I-mean-his-sister last night. It was not only extremely icky and sort of random, it was as if nothing happened at all with him and Sookie last season. WTF??? BIG thumbs down writers. She would have been much more interesting had she been Bill's sister like in the books, as I could see Lorena thinking she had a resemblance to Bill's wife.

LOVE Eric and Bill working together. I've read these two are good friends in real life and it shows. They really look like they enjoy working together and it should be fun to see how their teaming up works out.

I had a feeling that if Tara got turned it was going to be by Pam. From the previews it looks like Tara is going to be a bit of a zombie vamp and from what I saw Pam seems to like it. Should be fun to watch.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Rev Newlin and Jason. Could we have a whole hour of them please?

I am intrigued about what Noel, I mean Scott Foley, I mean Terry's friend said about what happened in Iraq. Maybe they went somewhere they shouldn't have, or took something they shouldn't have and are cursed? Interesting...

Am meh about the Sam/werewolves storyline so far.

Thoughts everyone?
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    I didn't mind the Eric and Nora hookup. You're thinking like a human, not a vampire. You're mixing emotions with sex. Vamps don't, Eric is mad at being rejected and doesn't look at sex as a commitment.

Nora is his "sister" by they are Godric's children.

I enjoyed the episode and couldn't believe Lafayette talked Sookie into letting Pam turn her. Loved Pam's remarks. Eric is gonna be pissed at Pam, again and I think Pam may have released Russell.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Loved Pam's kitty sweats

vCash
    I agree with topaz regarding Pam's remarks and can only imagine the conversation that preceded her changing into those sweats. She wasn't about to crawl into any hole wearing designer duds.

vCash
    IMO there were way too many story arcs going on in this episode to really do any of them justice in just one episode. I really do enjoy the show as a whole, but felt that the season opener was actually rather weak and was shot gun blast of different characters with no real focus on any of them. Anyway, hope next episode is stronger.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    Loved Pam's kitty sweats
    Best scene of the episode!!! I think my grandma had those sweats.....in yellow too.

vCash
    I absolutely adored Nora and lol'ed at their sibling bickering. Regarding 'moving on' so fast, Alex Skarsgard recently said that Eric does not dwell - he sees Sookie rejecting him as his fault, as though 'I opened up and this happened, so I won't open up again.' And it's not like Nora was a random - they've known each other for centuries, and have a lot of love for each other. I actually enjoyed their sex more than his with Sookie's, because there was that level of comfort there - the ability to just laugh at the funny parts of sex and know your partner's body like the back of your hand. Plus, Bill having to wait outside was hilarious - just imagine the conversation leading up to that "Um,your majesty, would you mind waiting outside for an hour or two - I need to bang my sister."

Also, Allan Hyde (Godric) tweeted that his neighbours were having a True Blood watching party and he happened to walk past their open window as they rewound the sex scene to watch it. People replied that he should have popped in and said 'please stop watching my children having sex.'

Another good thing about Nora - she made Bill tolerable! Plus her body was smoking hot. I actually think that Alex has more chemistry with her than with Anna, though Alex has chemistry with a rock. (Though there was speculation around the time of the Golden Globes that he and Lucy Griffiths who plays Nora were seeing each other - there was video of hand holding, in a crowd, en route to an after party) But that's about 20 rumoured lady-friends ago.

Stephen Moyer recently joked about filming the trunk scene how it was hilarious in there, and the directors were frustrated because they two of them kept bursting into giggles, and Stephen went into detail about filming it, then added 'so it turns out, I'm a catcher and Alex is a pitcher'. Hee. I adore Stephen and his bromance with Alex.

But re: Nora - it's nice to see Eric interacting with a badass woman who knows him well. I feel like he can't really be himself for Sookie, and Nora knows him. And that chemistry! And I just adored them - that bickering about his cell phone was hilarious.

Also, I adore Steve Newlin. So happy he's back!! Please never leave, Reverend!! And just an FYI, Michael McMillian who plays Steve is firmly on Team Eric (he says so on his twitter @mcmillzz). He and Alex are super close friends though, so Alex would probably dump him if he said otherwise...

vCash
    More love for Pam's caustic sarcasm and I bet that crack about Walmart will be quoted every now and then.

I think they are off to an interesting start this year. I can't wait to see Russell--talk about simultaneously funny and scary...

vCash
    Still don't like the step-sibling/vamp sibling Eric-Nora stuff, but I loved everything else. I'm also intrigued about Pam's comment that her last try at making a vamp didn't go well -- I wonder who she meant? I've seen speculation online that she's Rev Newlin's maker....

As a sidenote, I think Lucy Griffiths is the luckiest actress alive -- she got to make out with Richard Armitage in one series and Alex in another.
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzilla1 View Post
    I'm also intrigued about Pam's comment that her last try at making a vamp didn't go well -- I wonder who she meant? I've seen speculation online that she's Rev Newlin's maker....
    There was a webisode sometime during season three (I think) where Pam described making a vampire about a year or two after she was turned. It was a man and she makes some remark about after a year or so she was bored with him and they parted. It being Pam, of course she was sarcastic and hilarious.

She may also be Newlin's maker, but maybe not.

vCash
    Pam having made someone doesn't really make sense though, unless it happened in the year between seasons 3 and 4, since at the end of season 3, when he's preparing to die, Eric tells her it's time for her to become a maker. I can't see her turning Steve, since he tried to kill Eric and Godric. And also, she'd know that Steve was in Area 5, since she'd be able to feel him.

Also, Steve lied to Jason about his ability to glamour. What's to say he didn't lie about his maker abandoning him, let alone the gender. But if it was a female, I'm guessing the Salome that's supposed to be showing up.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I liked it. It was a very fast moving episode but I don't mind that for a season opener. They have to set the pace and things should settle down and gain more focus as we go on. I am intrigued by Terry's storyline. What exactly did he get into while at war? I felt like they were hinting strongly about something to do with a fire. Curious to see where that goes.

Poor Tara. She is going to be so pissed but I guess she can always ask for the true death if she hates being a vamp. It was one of the most obvious things coming, though, so I kind of hate that the episode ended with that. Not a surprise. At all.

Erik and his maker-sister having hot passionate sex? OMG! I admit, I rewound that scene a few times.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    I really hope they stick to fewer story lines this season, preferably sticking to vamps (with a side dish of weres/shifters) instead of drawing in vamps, weres, shifters, ghosts, demons, meth dealers, fairies and the kitchen sink.

Edit: I'd also really like to see Pam's creation (as in when Eric sired her, not when she sired whomever).

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Got my new "Entertainment Weekly" today. There are 2 pictures of Pam in the yellow sweatsuit.

The bullseye section and the TV quote section.

vCash
    Tara waking up was very expected, even with the sobbing. Overall I liked the episode...and the Eric/Nora was icky, but eh, they're vamps...a lot of what they do is icky lol.

Angry Alcide =

I could really do without the whole Terry storyline. Seems like boring filler to me. Same with Jason's storyline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    Edit: I'd also really like to see Pam's creation (as in when Eric sired her, not when she sired whomever).
    I believe we'll be learning a lot about Eric making Pam in the next few episodes.

In the mean time, here's the video where she talks about being a maker:
    http://youtu.be/wQ2f7mcSzvk

vCash
    With regards to people finding Eric/Nora kind of gross - how about Bill sleeping with his 'mom' Lorena? Or Russell with his 'son' Talbot? Eric and his 'daughter' Pam likely had sex (as I'm sure will be revealed in the next few episodes). In the books, Bill has a relationship with his 'sister' Judith. How is Eric/Nora any more disgusting?

Plus, Bill had sex with his great great grandaughter from his actual human bloodline. Much more disgusting than Eric/Nora who are in no way related.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I liked it. It was a very fast moving episode but I don't mind that for a season opener. They have to set the pace and things should settle down and gain more focus as we go on. I am intrigued by Terry's storyline. What exactly did he get into while at war? I felt like they were hinting strongly about something to do with a fire. Curious to see where that goes.

Poor Tara. She is going to be so pissed but I guess she can always ask for the true death if she hates being a vamp. It was one of the most obvious things coming, though, so I kind of hate that the episode ended with that. Not a surprise. At all.

Erik and his maker-sister having hot passionate sex? OMG! I admit, I rewound that scene a few times.
    Tara was one angry human: I bet she is spitting nails now. Somehow I think she'll find something positive about her predicament---eventually.

I was wondering if EW would quote Pam and now I know: Her stuff was just too good last week to go unnoticed. Perfect casting imho...

Living in a Snark
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    With regards to people finding Eric/Nora kind of gross - how about Bill sleeping with his 'mom' Lorena? Or Russell with his 'son' Talbot? Eric and his 'daughter' Pam likely had sex (as I'm sure will be revealed in the next few episodes). In the books, Bill has a relationship with his 'sister' Judith. How is Eric/Nora any more disgusting?

Plus, Bill had sex with his great great grandaughter from his actual human bloodline. Much more disgusting than Eric/Nora who are in no way related.
    Well, I'm not groosed out by the Eric/Nora relationship, but I can understand the point. You see, people expect vampires to have sex with their maker, that's why Bill/Lorena and Russel/Talbot weren't icky. It is already part of the "urban legend" of vampires. Having sex with a sibling, even f it is only a sibling because you have the same maker, is not.
    And the books don't really count, since we didn't have the actual sex scene there, it was only implied or talked about it later on.
    That an the fact that tecnically, Sookie rejected Eric like, only 5 minutes ago, so it feels rushed... to a point...it's Eric we are talking about, the guy rebounds pretty fast after all.
    D&S 2006 and 2007 World Gold Medalists

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I believe we'll be learning a lot about Eric making Pam in the next few episodes.
    Woohoo!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast