View Poll Results: Who is the weakest link among these past ladies champions?

Voters
300. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lu Chen

12 4.00%
  • Michelle Kwan

12 4.00%
  • Tara Lipinski

60 20.00%
  • Maria Butyrskaya

98 32.67%
  • Irina Slutskaya

6 2.00%
  • Shizuka Arakawa

9 3.00%
  • Mao Asada

9 3.00%
  • Yuna Kim

11 3.67%
  • Carolina Kostner

83 27.67%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash

Talking

delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    Shizuka (again). Greatest Turandot ever, but couldn't crack the top 5 when she skated to anything else.
    Agree (although I did not vote for Arakawa).

I still am at the 0.7 point gap between Arakawa‘s forgettable Olympics SP(3Lz2T/3lip/2A) and Sasha‘s brilliant SP(3flutz2T/3F/2A).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t.mann View Post
    Agree (although I did not vote for Arakawa).

I still am at the 0.7 point gap between Arakawa‘s forgettable Olympics SP(3Lz2T/3lip/2A) and Sasha‘s brilliant SP(3flutz2T/3F/2A).
    Same here.. I thought Sasha's PCS were much too low in comparison to slutskaya and Arakawa..

vCash
    I have to go with Maria Butyrskaya.
    She deserved her World title, and both her European titles. She skated a brilliant SP at 2000 Worlds. But she was so stiff. I didn't like her abrupt moves and stiffed legs.

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Had to go with Tara; I've always been a steady promoter for women on the ice over little girls and we never saw Lipinski compete on the ice as a woman. I appreciate a mature performer and often found Tara's sense of musicality and choreography to be completely childish and forgettable.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 06-09-2012 at 09:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Had to go with Tara; I've always been a steady promoter for women on the ice over little girls and we never saw Lipinski compete on the ice as a woman. I appreciate a mature performer and often found Tara's sense of musicality and choreography to be completely childish and forgettable.
    And her jumps were sooo thin, in todays standard she had got 0 goe if not negative in each one. She had difficult combos at junior age, but this is ladies and not junior. I loved her but think she was junior and skated like that. Should have won junior, not senior comp

vCash
    Kostner is still here ?

poor Miki

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Kostner is still here ?

poor Miki

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Kostner is still here ?

poor Miki
    Well, I'd say right so. Kostner is much more of a complete package. Hope Tara goes out before Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    Maria skated one of the best ever SP's in Nice 2000. That should've pulled 6.0's. This as well as her defying her federation and proving them wrong, saves her in this round. She had attitude, fire, spirit.. She brought drama and emotion when she skated.. You could see her passion for the sport.. I voted Arakawa because she showed very little of those things. She might have had them but she didn't show them.. That means something..
    You people cant just vote for the person that had the least amount of passion or in your words (fire, spirit). You have to think about it technically as well and although Maria had a clean FP when she won worlds, her jumps were still not of great quality and she did not include a 3-3. IMO shizuka should plenty of passion at 04 worlds and 06 olympics. And her technical content at 04 worlds was much greater than those of maria.

Everyone can have there opinion but if you just vote on had has the most passion then we might as well vote michelle to win right now. You have to think about technical.

My vote goes for Maria as she is my least memorable and i never thought her to be a world champion. Maria should go now, then Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Cmon people... Vote out Maria !!!!!! Dont know how miki was voted out when she has won 2 world championships and at a point in her career could do 4S and numerous different 3-3 jumps. People vote for miki just because she isnt as pretty as everyone else.. And atleast Carolina can do 3-3, and she has done plenty of times in competition. Maria won worlds in a weaker field too, there was no tara lipinski and Kwan skated bad in the short. VOTE FOR MARIA....
    Ando is gone, so deal with it.

vCash
    Please don‘t waste your votes picking Kwan.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    You people cant just vote for the person that had the least amount of passion or in your words (fire, spirit). You have to think about it technically as well and although Maria had a clean FP when she won worlds, her jumps were still not of great quality and she did not include a 3-3. IMO shizuka should plenty of passion at 04 worlds and 06 olympics. And her technical content at 04 worlds was much greater than those of maria.

Everyone can have there opinion but if you just vote on had has the most passion then we might as well vote michelle to win right now. You have to think about technical.

My vote goes for Maria as she is my least memorable and i never thought her to be a world champion. Maria should go now, then Kostner
    And you became thread god(dess) when? "You people" indeed.

Tara. Again.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Carolina, who has never skated a clean LP in her life.

vCash
    Maria clearly gets my vote. I already am surprised she outlasted Miki (and I say that as someone who cant stand Miki Ando and does not like Maria). The reasons:

-She was only a gold contender 2 years of her career- 1999 and 2000. All other years she was either an outside bronze contender (1996, 1997, 1998, 2001) or not a contender at all (all years before 1996, 2002).

-She was overshadowed in her era by Kwan, Chen, Lipinski, Slutskaya, Hughes, and at the very end and many of the early years by Baiul, Bonaly, and Cohen. Translation she was the Fumie Suguri of that generation, which is still a very fine skater, but she is in a class of superstars here.

-Her records vs the best of her generation are terrible. Only 2 wins over Michelle Kwan who she started competing with when Maria was 23 and Michelle 13, and for another 8 years. Owned by Slutskaya totally, even failing to beat Irina once in her first major slump year of 96-1997 when Maria had one of her most consistent years of skating, and losing to an even more badly slumping Slutskaya at the 98 Worlds. Lost the Olympic bronze to a way past her prime Lu Chen, and began losing almost every meeting to a 15 year old Hughes starting in fall 2000. The fact even in the abysmal 96-1997 season of skating where through default a 14 year old Lipinski sprung from 15th to 1st in the World while nearly everyone from the top 10 at Worlds the previous year was either slumping, injured, or retiring, she couldnt once beat either badly slumping Kwan or badly slumping Slutskaya, and was pushed out of a World medal by then unknown Gusermoli, says it all.

-No standout qualities other than her mature look on the ice. Not a great jumper, spinner, definitely not great at footwork or spirals. Her artistry was not considered top class due to her stiffness and coldness on the ice. Also an inconsistent competitor who suffered from nerves.

-No Olympic medal, no win at the GP final. Couldnt even beat Malinina to win the GP final in her World title. Only 1 top 2 finish at Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Her head was too big for her body, and she just didnt look right. Not a pretty image on the ice, and a zillion girls can jump. Sorry.
    Is this a beauty contest or is this about skating? #yikes

vCash
    The people voting that the weakest skaters were Kwan, Slutskaya, Kim, or Chen...really? You can't put aside your hate to honestly look at accomplishments and be objective?
    Last edited by centerstage01; 06-09-2012 at 09:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    Maybe, but when you watch them, you don't think about a double who was meant to be a triple, it's the whole program as it is and I can watch them as clean despite that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    ???
    Not clean enough ??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28djAK9g4-0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    with a double loop to start?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast