Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Test Results...

vCash
    I'm still working on my Gold moves too. It won't be anytime soon.

vCash
    Congratulations to all test passers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    I'm still plugging away at my Gold Moves. Looks like January will be the earliest I'll be able to test, but I may wait until March or April depending on test session availability. Blasted left back brackets! And stupid back circle 8!
    Good thing it's not just me hating the back circle 8! It's so different from anything I've ever done and it took me forever to get used to it. Still struggling with the LBI circle, but considering I could barely do any of it when I started learning the move this summer --progress. Also started doing some of the novice moves again and the fi bo 3's actually help with the double 3's on the gold test. No idea when I'm actually testing, though. Spring/summer, hopefully.
    Now, to stop being chickensh!t and actually try axels again...No time frame available for that. It's funny how serious injuries do such a number on your head, long after you're physically fine.

ETA: Congrats to Skittl, luenatic & anyone who just passed their tests
    Last edited by ioana; 11-07-2012 at 03:41 PM.

vCash
    See, I like the back circle eight because I had spent a year training the back outside eight for the first figure test when I was 13-14, and of the second test figures I could later figure out on my own how to do the back inside eight and practiced that sometimes too as an adult. It's the back threes and LFI threes that I never learned as a kid that are holding me up on the prejuvenile/silver test.

And then it will take me forever to learn brackets with enough speed to complete the pattern, so I don't expect to pass the gold test any time soon and my body will probably give out before I get that technique.

vCash
    Yes, it's definitely a figures throwback and skaters who did figures would have an advanatge. I can see why it's a useful move and it forces you to think about timing and body placement in a way regular MITF's don't, but it's not an easy switch to make when all you ever did were standard moves. *grumble, grumble, learning new things*.
    You never know about brackets...hopefully they start cooperating one of these days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12