Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 181
  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    EricRhomer,

    Pointing your fingers at other people who have done the same act won't justify her actions of using children's education as a PR tool.

    I would have been down right angry to have my child's right to receive a quality education ruined by those bunch of media people with their flash photography, and I am pretty sure I am not the only one.
    Do you think that the professor, or other critiques such as I, would have been so vocal against it had she carried out her teaching mission quietly without turning it into such a media bonanza?

    In addition, I don't get your personal bashing of the professor for matters that have nothing to do with his criticisms of YNK.
    Are you faultless?
    Is YNK really divine like some posters here claim her to be?

    I don't know the person and I really don't care to know.
    All I am aware is that he made some valid criticisms about cozy relationships between universities and their student athletes exchanging favors, although he didn't get all of his facts straight during the process.

    Anyways, I'm moving on, and in my opinion, so should you.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 06-11-2012 at 04:36 PM.

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In little Yuna's Corner
    Posts
    698
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    EricRhomer,

    I don't know the person and I really don't care to know.
    All I am aware is that he made some valid criticisms about cozy relationships between universities and their student athletes exchanging favors, although he didn't get all of his facts straight during the process.

    Anyways, I'm moving on, and in my opinion, so should you.
    too bad for you..this is the same professor that said a lot of nasty things in the media lately against Yuna and even predicted that Yuna will commit a suicide. Imagine that, a "poor" professor, a ""working man". Runnershigh will probably post some details on that..

    by the way Yuna was criticized by some doctors for endorsing an alcoholic beverage, another one who is a writer criticized her because of political affiliation BUT she didn't sue all of them. she let it go. but this one is different.

    like what i said, there's a big difference between expressing an opinion from making an accusation through false rumors.

    so.. i'm done.
    Last edited by riveredge; 06-11-2012 at 05:32 PM.

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    too bad for you..this is the same professor that said a lot of nasty things in the media lately against Yuna and even predicted that Yuna will commit a suicide.
    I'm sorry to hear that things got so nasty.
    But I must say that people tend to get emotional and say things they really shoudn't when tensions rise and a push becomes a shove.

    Like others have said before, YNK should have just set the facts straight through a press release rather than trying to bully a person down to his knees.
    She should grow up and realize that she isn't idolized and considered divine by everyone.

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In little Yuna's Corner
    Posts
    698
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that things got so nasty.
    But I must say that people tend to get emotional and say things they really shoudn't when tensions rise and a push becomes a shove.

    Like others have said before, YNK should have just set the facts straight through a press release rather than bullying a person down to his knees.
    She should grow up and realize that she isn't idolized and considered divine by everyone.
    she didn't bully him. it was the other way around. you're a professor but to say some nasty things about someone that you don't know and you did it not only once but so many times and predicting that she's going to kill herself and FOR YOU it's fine because people tend to get emotional. WOW. what a double standard.

    that's the problem when you have no idea about the facts in the first place. people making assumptions. people making judgments. people making conclusions.

    yuna was really hurt by this. it was very personal for her. for the first time she's doing something outside of skating and yet you get slandered by someone who didn't even look at the facts. what else you want her to do?

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    by the way Yuna was criticized by some doctors for endorsing an alcoholic beverage, another one who is a writer criticized her because of political affiliation BUT she didn't sue all of them. she let it go. but this one is different.
    Since you mentioned it, I won't shy away from setting the fact straight.

    She wasn't criticized for just endorsing an alcoholic beverage, but doing so while carrying out her duties of teaching children.

    Criticism for her behavior was extremely appropriate in this case, and YNK would have been bashed to the ground had she sued the critique.

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In little Yuna's Corner
    Posts
    698
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Since you mentioned it, I won't shy away from setting the fact straight.

    She wasn't criticized for just endorsing an alcoholic beverage, but doing so while carrying out her duties of teaching children.

    Criticism for her behavior was extremely appropriate in this case, and YNK would have been bashed to the ground had she sued the critique.
    that's the thing, she received different criticisms from the past, almost everything.. but she didn't sue all of them. that was an opinion which can be debatable but this one is different. this so called "poor" professor made a 13 minutes ACCUSATION without even looking at the facts.

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    she didn't bully him. it was the other way around. you're a professor but to say some nasty things about someone that you don't know and you did it not only once but so many times and predicting that she's going to kill herself and FOR YOU it's fine because people tend to get emotional. WOW. what a double standard.
    People retaliate when their backs are against the wall. If YNK cannot take this, then she should sue him for a larger sum. I don't think it will be a smart thing to do, but it will be an option.

    that's the problem when you have no idea about the facts in the first place. people making assumptions. people making judgments. people making conclusions.
    Ain't human nature a bitch.

    yuna was really hurt by this. it was very personal for her. for the first time she's doing something outside of skating and yet you get slandered by someone who didn't even look at the facts. what else you want her to do?
    Hate to be repetitive, but she should do it quietly next time she wishes to do some other stuff, instead of desperately trying to have everyone else know about it.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 06-11-2012 at 06:08 PM.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    that's the thing, she received different criticisms from the past, almost everything.. but she didn't sue all of them. that was an opinion which can be debatable but this one is different. this so called "poor" professor made a 13 minutes ACCUSATION without even looking at the facts.
    If I understand it correctly, professor guy didn't get everything wrong. He expressed his opinion that YNK was putting on a show for the media, and this I feel, is valid. What he got wrong was his claim that YNK showed up only once, which didn't turn out to be true.

  9. #89

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,888
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    32918
    Aren't you guys tired?

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Aren't you guys tired?
    Wasn't I on your ignore list?

  11. #91
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, beyond the sea...
    Posts
    1,799
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Aren't you guys tired?
    LMAO!!

  12. #92

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    1 mile from Ice Rink
    Posts
    2,977
    vCash
    550
    Rep Power
    1708
    Hope no offence, DL.

    I'm watching, reading and hearing almost everything on it here in Korea.
    If I made any mistake or misunderstand, point it out, PLEASE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Every year Yu-Na is involved in a law suit for some reason or another. This is very poor business practice. A law suit should be seen as a last resort in settling disputes as they are expensive, time consuming, and take both time and energy away from more profitable pursuits.
    Since 2001 when her career started there're 2 lawsuits and is a lawsuit related with Yuna.
    • 2007 Yuna transferred from IMG to IB Sports for IMG's insincerity. IMG filed a sue against IB Sports for a double contract and loosed it.
    • 2011 IB Sports illegally refused to pay the portions of Yuna's endorsement money and convicted in 2012. IB Sports paid 800 million won ($698,000) in arrears.
    • 2012 This case.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    This case is especially bad from a PR point of view: Yu-Na is very wealthy and the professor is not. This could be seen as bullying someone with a legitimate point, into silence. If athletes are being gifted with degrees they don't have the class time to merit, then Yu-Na could have said that while she is aware that this has gone on, it wasn't true in her case.
    ITA. From a PR point of view, law suit must be the last option to take. But as of now, public in Korea doesn't consider this case as you wrote. He said a vicious slander on Yuna. He insisted "I apologized." which no one read or heard. Later he said "I presented 2 books I wrote to Yuna and her parents with my signature as a token of my apology." - Can someone tell me In any society on earth that can be taken as a token of one's apology??

    And Yuna didn't need to tell him that. From the very next day, reporters and people told him "Professor you're wrong!" with evidence but he said "I don't give a shit. Yuna was not my target. It's ridiculous. blah blah".

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Instead, she has attacked the man who criticized the system.
    The fact is DURING the interview lasted for 13 mins 10 secs, he smeared Yuna, her parents and her life for 6 mins. For the rest 7 minutes, he mainly exchanged jokes and slightly criticized the system.

    Let's make it clear! In advance he knew the subject of interview but didn't know what univ Yuna entered, what her major is, how well she is doing her teaching practice and how the educational system works.

    Not prepared at all for the influential public radio program.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    In her previous law suits, Yu-Na has taken on corporations with enormous assets. In this case, she has attacked a working man. Not the same thing at all.
    1st law suit was not on the money.
    2nd law suit gave her back what it originally belonged to her.
    At this case, the working man, Doctor of psychology from Harvard graduate school, former dean of the department of education at Sejong University and current professor of the department of psychology at Yonsei Univ, incited such an incident and many believe it's time for him to take responsibility on what he said as another public figure.

    He should have to work at Univ but circled around Media.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Whoever is managing her business affairs is making her seem like a very contentious person to deal with. Not a good image for prospective employers.
    As I said before, "In Korea, one's silence on an event has been taken as an admission of guilt."

    I really thank you for your point of view and hope you to accept Korea's culture and situation. Freedom of speech (Article 21 of the Constitution or Korea) must be protected and inviolable fundamental human rights (Article 10) as well.
    This too will pass away.

  13. #93

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    1 mile from Ice Rink
    Posts
    2,977
    vCash
    550
    Rep Power
    1708
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    Imagine that, a "poor" professor, a ""working man". Runnershigh will probably post some details on that..
    Actually he had some more interviews after I posted TIMELINE. It made his situation worse. He's crazy!!! From a Prof of psychology to a psycho.

    If you really need some details, I'll do it some later. Time to go to work!
    This too will pass away.

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,017
    vCash
    1529
    Rep Power
    0
    I know this may seem like a crazy thing for me to think, but I honestly believe that when Yu-Na decided to file this lawsuit, she didn't take time to consider whether she is divinely worshiped by everyone on the planet or not.

  15. #95
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    41,882
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    12373
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Hate to be repetitive
    All evidence to the contrary.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,878
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    that's the problem when you have no idea about the facts in the first place. people making assumptions. people making judgments. people making conclusions.

    yuna was really hurt by this. it was very personal for her. for the first time she's doing something outside of skating and yet you get slandered by someone who didn't even look at the facts. what else you want her to do?
    Sorry, but doesn't your second paragraph just prove the first?

    How do you know how yuna felt?

    And if this IMO odd teaching degree is the first non skating thing she did, is all of the pop singing, ad endorsements, modeling etc... All lies and false reports made up by yuna haterz?

    Your whole last paragraph sounds like false facts tied up with assumptions and conclusions.

    Be that as it may, false conclusions are still bad PR, and what exactly is Kim doing to dispell this reputation for someone who sues everyone?

  17. #97

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    1 mile from Ice Rink
    Posts
    2,977
    vCash
    550
    Rep Power
    1708
    Here's a symbolic example.

    • 2007 some insisted "Tablo, a frontman of premier Korean rap group Epik High, did not graduate Stanford University." He, Tablo, didn't feel to react. They kept insisting the slander and asking him to prove it. Media treated it. Finally, he posted his diploma and wrote "I graduated!" at his homepage. But they insisted "That's a lie and the diploma is fabricated."
    • 2010 They gathered 120,000 registered users and kept calling him a liar. Finally Tablo sued them. The admin who lived in the States suddenly disappeared and was wanted by Interpol. Anyway, some of them were found guilty but appealed against the decision.
    • 2012 Nine people from the forum were sentenced up to 2 1/2 years of jail time in the court of appeals.


    This is the real. Don't ask Yuna to stay calm.

    Korean pop star battles attacks on Stanford record from Stanford Daily.
    [TABLO] Wins Case vs. Tajinyo from koreanupdates.com
    This too will pass away.

  18. #98

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,176
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8235
    This is a mountain built out of the proverbial molehill. Personally, I think YuNa is starting to take her "Queen" designation a little too seriously, but this will blow over and everyone will go home and get over it.

    So...is YuNa planning on actually SKATING competitively again? Is she going to absolutely make a comeback this year for Worlds or next year for Olympics? Forgive me for interrupting the drama, but THAT is what I'd like to know about YuNa, not whatever tempest in a teapot psychodrama is going on with her image and her finances. Aside from All That Skate, what's happening with YuNa on the competitive skating scene?

    Pardon the interruption, please go back to hand-wringing...
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

  19. #99

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    On the brink
    Posts
    9,888
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1211
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    This is the real. Don't ask Yuna to stay calm.

    Korean pop star battles attacks on Stanford record from Stanford Daily.
    [TABLO] Wins Case vs. Tajinyo from koreanupdates.com
    Except that everyone here has said that the Professor immediately attacked in the media for his statements so it hardly seems like Yu-Na was facing any loss of reputation.

    I also fail to see how it would damage the reputation of a pop star whether he graduated from Standford or not. Graduating classes are listed on the university's website so I fail to see how such misinformation became the source of such damage. Much ado about nothing.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 06-12-2012 at 02:26 AM.

  20. #100

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    1 mile from Ice Rink
    Posts
    2,977
    vCash
    550
    Rep Power
    1708
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I also fail to see how it would damage the reputation of a pop star whether he graduated from Standford or not. Graduating classes are listed on the university's website so I fail to see how such misinformation became the source of such damage. Much ado about nothing.
    The problem was not whether he graduated or not. It's a matter of trust. As a public figure, the loss of that meant the loss of everything.

    Being distrusted by People surrounding you for a false rumor ISN'T no biff deal.
    In practice, it damaged his reputation, request for ad. & appearance on media and career.

    The Persecution of Daniel Lee (Tablo) - An Internet smear campaign nearly destroyed the South Korean star, but he fought back with the only weapon he had: the truth.

    I'm going out for lunch!!
    This too will pass away.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •