Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 181
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Not Good

    this will damage more Yuna's reputation
    she is really taking all criticisms too seriously she needs to ignore
    the others and not waste such time and needs to stop with too many lawsuits

    now sue me. lol

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What is interesting is that this professor is not that sincere for his own classes. He is a long media-lover. I say this as his former student.
    Last edited by EricRohmer; 06-09-2012 at 10:48 AM.

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,708
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yuna i think needs to grow up a little bit. The whole world does not bow at her feet. Maybe all the hero worship she gets in South Korea has gone to her head.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In little Yuna's Corner
    Posts
    773
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Yuna i think needs to grow up a little bit. The whole world does not bow at her feet. Maybe all the hero worship she gets in South Korea has gone to her head.
    Riigght..because you were there and live in Korea. Because she's above everyone else and yet she's still supporting and funding Korean fs. Is she behaving like a brat while drinking alcohol at night and attending parties? Oh yeah..the girl is still doing everything she can to help those cancer patients and low income families. Not to mention she's still living a very humble life. All what she did was to attend KU and did some lecture after all it's a requirement while other Korean celebrities and sport-stars are getting the free pass, And yet she was singled out by this professor. She needs to grow up? How dare you, Yuna?
    Last edited by riveredge; 06-09-2012 at 12:53 PM.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,891
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    42231
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Not Good

    this will damage more Yuna's reputation
    she is really taking all criticisms too seriously she needs to ignore
    the others and not waste such time and needs to stop with too many lawsuits

    now sue me. lol

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    514
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    This professor now insists that his commets was a socail issue and YuNa was merely an example. However, if you listen or read what he really said, you will realize that it was a personal insult full of prejudice for YuNa and star athletes in general. Social issue or not, what he said was completely uneducational.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    1 mile from Ice Rink
    Posts
    2,978
    vCash
    550
    Rep Power
    2486
    Guys, these below were the reasons why he got sued.
    • He didn't know which University Yuna entered and what her major is until the day he interviewed.
    • He criticized Yuna that she went to Jinseon girl's high school just once for a show. - Her attendance was 100%.
    • He also criticized Yuna's attendance rate is not good enough to graduate. - When she trained & competed in foreign countries, she submitted reports under the statutes of the university and received an F when she refused to submit her Olympics season training schedules. According to the interview from her classmates aired by JTBC, her attendance rate since 2010 had been higher than over 90%.
    • He insisted that "I ,as a professor in a University, never heard of any cyber curriculum to those who train and compete in foreign country or armature athletes." - Korea University has a private rule on Students atheletes qualifications - Rule 5.3 How to take credit for athletes who trains and competes in foreign country.
    • He declared Yuna's doing teaching practice to take a teaching licence even if it is not needed. - Korea University's private rule on bachelor´s degree describes some required subject her teaching practice was one of them - Rule 18. Required subjects of the Department of Education to graduate.



    Finally, radio host sorry for Kim Yuna remark instead but he's saying "My point was not Yuna but on blah blah and don't need to say sorry."
    This too will pass away.

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    361
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    If anything, the behavior of all parties involved seem to reflect Korea's hyper-manic media environment. Korean media seems to thrive on crucifying someone, anyone, publicly. I believe it's not at all uncommon for celebrities to kill themselves due to what's written in the media (including and especially internet).

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,683
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    8867
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    If anything, the behavior of all parties involved seem to reflect Korea's hyper-manic media environment. Korean media seems to thrive on crucifying someone, anyone, publicly. I believe it's not at all uncommon for celebrities to kill themselves due to what's written in the media (including and especially internet).
    I don't think 'hyper-maniac media environment' or media manipulation is solely confined to South Korea.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    1 mile from Ice Rink
    Posts
    2,978
    vCash
    550
    Rep Power
    2486
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    If anything, the behavior of all parties involved seem to reflect Korea's hyper-manic media environment. Korean media seems to thrive on crucifying someone, anyone, publicly. I believe it's not at all uncommon for celebrities to kill themselves due to what's written in the media (including and especially internet).
    Are you in Korea? Tell me. Was it only written in the media?
    This too will pass away.

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    361
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I don't think 'hyper-maniac media environment' or media manipulation is solely confined to South Korea.
    Of course media manipulation isn't confined to South Korea, but you must surely be aware that South Korean media (especially internet) culture is noted for its above the average viciousness. I know not another country where you have a string of celebrities leaving suicide notes alluding to the media as a major cause.

    I think being a celebrity in Korea comes with a huge cost and so that's why Yuna had to take the professor's comment seriously, and now the professor has to take care about what he says in the media seriously.

    I think another aspect of (South) Korea that makes these media events (which seem rather insignificant to someone living outside of the country and not so worth going through a libel suit but) so major to those living within the country is that the majority of the population is concentrated in Seoul and its outlying areas.

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    514
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    If anything, the behavior of all parties involved seem to reflect Korea's hyper-manic media environment. Korean media seems to thrive on crucifying someone, anyone, publicly. I believe it's not at all uncommon for celebrities to kill themselves due to what's written in the media (including and especially internet).
    Your atatement is overrated (there are not that many celebrities who killed themselves), but I agree with you at least partially about media tyring to crucify public figures. (only in Korea? I don't know). I feel that some media say to YuNa, "We will see how perfect you are". YuNa made perfect achievement in skating and now they try to check how perfect her academic achievement is.

    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    I think being a celebrity in Korea comes with a huge cost
    True.
    Last edited by lakewood; 06-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.

  13. #53

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    1 mile from Ice Rink
    Posts
    2,978
    vCash
    550
    Rep Power
    2486
    magnolia, no answer to me? I'm waiting.
    This too will pass away.

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    153
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Well this is true. I think maybe it is to because its mama handling this and not professionals...But then again this IS a different culture and I know very little about what is done in Korea.
    In this case, Mama as you refer to Park has again impressed me. The strategy of bring this case is to me very interesting. By bringing this case, she sets a standard of making sure everyone thinks before they say anything against Yu Na. The management company that Park runs is wanting positive about YuNa not negative. This is a warning shot to others, and I think it will work. So I am not so sure that Mama doesn't know what she is doing. In fact, each time I hear what she has done, I see the logic in it completely. Just my opinion.

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    It wasn't even a criticism...

    the problem is that the professor claimed as if it was the truth, however it became apparent that his basis came from false rumors. ATS eventually just asked for an apology but then he didn't. It's like I claimed Ms. A had a sex video because i overheard it somewhere but then it was not true after all.... but the damage has been done all over the media. So, Ms. A just wanted an apology from me but I refused.

    There's a big difference between an opinion via criticism which is fine, from a claimed based on false rumors via an opinion which is wrong.
    I had no idea that YNK had a sex video and I don't really care to know.

    But here is a real criticism for you.

    What bothers me about this whole public teaching trial thing is that the motive for it seems to be just another public relations ploy rather than a serious learning course for her to become a teacher.

    I got this impression after learining that she and her management had invited all the media outlet in the classroom the first day she started her teaching trial and take photos and videos of wonderful image of her majesty being kind to all those little school kids.
    How did the students react? They were unhappy that their class was being ruined by all the flash photography and noise so they started booing.

    I am sure that YNK has no real intentions to become a school teacher and I can promise never to say anything about her ever again once I am proven wrong.

    Actually, this poor old professor hasn't been the only one to criticize YNK in recent period. Number of media outlets have been vocal about her auspicous money making activities such as promoting sales of alcoholic beverage while taking part in a public teaching duty.
    Yes, the law suit againt the old professor might be based on the fact that the guy did present some false information. In my opinion, however, the guy was chosen out of number of critical voices just because he had a crack in his armor unlike rest of YNK critiques. The guy had many valid points about Korean colleges using their athletes to promote the school while giving them favors regarding their academic obligations. During the course, he just happend to make an inadverdent false claim and ended up as a showcase of those who dare to criticize her majesty.

    This looks to me like an act of itimidation toward her majesty's critiques if anything.

  16. #56

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,891
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    42231
    Quote Originally Posted by ProgramerUSFS View Post
    In this case, Mama as you refer to Park has again impressed me. The strategy of bring this case is to me very interesting. By bringing this case, she sets a standard of making sure everyone thinks before they say anything against Yu Na. The management company that Park runs is wanting positive about YuNa not negative. This is a warning shot to others, and I think it will work. So I am not so sure that Mama doesn't know what she is doing. In fact, each time I hear what she has done, I see the logic in it completely. Just my opinion.
    This. The main point in this lawsuit is to declare that Yuna's not some "bimbo" who puts up with anything, I mean pretty much any random ridiculous accusations, thrown at her, and not some "easy door" for someone's self-promotion, and that she's a person, too. Again, enough is enough from these shenanigans. AFAIK, this kind of lawsuits are very rare in there and if she and her management decided to take its course up to the court, it means they're very serious with this.

  17. #57

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    1 mile from Ice Rink
    Posts
    2,978
    vCash
    550
    Rep Power
    2486
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Well this is true. I think maybe it is to because its mama handling this and not professionals...But then again this IS a different culture and I know very little about what is done in Korea.
    bek, this time You are wrong. It's all from Yuna herself.

    Quote Originally Posted by ProgramerUSFS View Post
    In this case, Mama as you refer to Park has again impressed me. The strategy of bring this case is to me very interesting. By bringing this case, she sets a standard of making sure everyone thinks before they say anything against Yu Na. The management company that Park runs is wanting positive about YuNa not negative. This is a warning shot to others, and I think it will work. So I am not so sure that Mama doesn't know what she is doing. In fact, each time I hear what she has done, I see the logic in it completely. Just my opinion.
    What is happening here in Korea is "This time, Prof, Hwang and some media are too fat!"

    And that's why many supports Yuna and ATS's lawsuit. No Mama at all.
    This too will pass away.

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    514
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I had no idea that YNK had a sex video and I don't really care to know.

    But here is a real criticism for you.

    What bothers me about this whole public teaching trial thing is that the motive for it seems to be just another public relations ploy rather than a serious learning course for her to become a teacher.

    I got this impression after learining that she and her management had invited all the media outlet in the classroom the first day she started her teaching trial and take photos and videos of wonderful image of her majesty being kind to all those little school kids.How did the students react? They were unhappy that their class was being ruined by all the flash photography and noise so they started booing.

    I am sure that YNK has no real intentions to become a school teacher and I can promise never to say anything about her ever again once I am proven wrong.

    Actually, this poor old professor hasn't been the only one to criticize YNK in recent period. Number of media outlets have been vocal about her auspicous money making activities such as promoting sales of alcoholic beverage while taking part in a teaching duty.
    Yes, the law suit againt the old professor might be based on the fact that the guy did present some false information. In my opinion, however, the guy was chosen out of number of critical voices just because he had a crack in his armor unlike rest of YNK critiques. The guy had many valid points about Korean colleges using their athletes to promote the school while giving them favors regarding their academic obligations. During the course, he just happend to make an inadverdent false claim and ended up as a showcase of those who dare to criticize her majesty.

    This looks to me like an act of itimidation toward her majesty's critiques if anything.
    In reality, that was what media requested ATS to do. Both paries (media and ATS) discussed about it and made agreement that the media coverage is limited to the first day. Of course, the high school agreeed on it. And, there was no indication at all that students were unhappy with the media coverage. On the contrary, I think they liked it.

    This guy is not old. Clearly, he and the radio show used YuNa to get publicity. If he had not mentioned Yuna's name, nobody would have cared what his view on athlets really is.
    Last edited by lakewood; 06-09-2012 at 03:42 PM.

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    361
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Are you in Korea?
    Do pardon me for being so impolite as to not addressing your query directly. No, I am not in Korea.

    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Was it only written in the media?
    I really and truly don't understand what you are asking with this question? What is 'it'? Anyway, why is the word 'written' boldfaced as if there is any difference as to the manner in which 'it' (what ever 'it' is) was articulated?

    Please understand that I was not making a personal attack on Yuna at all but was giving an opinion as to why Yuna has to hit back with a libel suit given the Korean media situation. My opinion was stated in reaction to the opinion of what I assume to be North American posters who didn't understand why Yuna wasn't taking the high road, which would seem smarter if she were e.g., a former American Olympic medalist.

    And I do indeed feel that while the libel suit move is absolutely necessary for Yuna to preserve her reputation in Korea, outside of Korea, her move will likely impact her marketability negatively rather than positively. Though, of course, to be honest, Yuna's stardom is largely domestic in any case so ATS probably doesn't care how this will impact her image outside of Korea.

  20. #60

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    1 mile from Ice Rink
    Posts
    2,978
    vCash
    550
    Rep Power
    2486
    ^ Thank you for the reply,

    We've known each other for a long time here is FSU. Right?
    I respect your opinion but as you may know I can't help pointing out a fault.

    FYI, almost all major media quoted this case about thousand times.
    And if you know this from the beginning as I wrote above no one could blame ATS or Yuna for it.


    ETA: First aired by a radio -> Written everywhere -> Everyone wrote everywhere -> aired by whole nation wide TV stations.
    This too will pass away.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •