Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Completely OT to the sports, but did anyone catch the (IIRC) Old Navy commercial with Jason Priestley and Gabrielle Cartieris last night?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Glad some of you can now see undoubtedly the coverage of the best TV broadcaster in the world (and I can say that because I'm not British and biased ). Whatever the Brits pay for their TV licence they certainly get their money's worth.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    Here is an NBCOlympics.com link for today's women's all around. There is a main feed, plus you can open windows for each event. I've been opening 4 windows to watch all 4 simultaneously!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/online-li...t-2/index.html

For future events like event finals, click on the correct day towards the top of the page.

For events that have already occurred:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/gymnastic...t&vx=grid&px=1

Click on the arrow next to "Event" and it will show you a list of what has been archived. You may not find everything that was streamed live, but it's a lot more than you will get on NBC TV.

thank you, pollyanna.

vCash
    Sigh--my live feed is a big, fat, dead. I get a blank screen. I thought maybe because it was women's all around, that was reason, but no--none of the events play. And the phone ap isn't working either.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    could you clarify a bit? where on nbcolympics.com may i find these whole events? and can you only catch them live or can you watch them after the event has already concluded?

i have cable subscription high-speed internet and was able to watch some events live, but since so many events take place at once and during the work day...

thanks in advance
    Pollyanna gave some good links. Regarding time - I watched video of Beijing till after Christmas after the 2008 games. Sometimes they move it around a bit and you have to hunt, but they generally keep the videos available until they reset the site for the next Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Pollyanna gave some good links. Regarding time - I watched video of Beijing till after Christmas after the 2008 games. Sometimes they move it around a bit and you have to hunt, but they generally keep the videos available until they reset the site for the next Olympics.

thank you both so much, pollyanna and A.H.Black--i came to the right place to learn about olympics-watching-in-the-new-age !

i'm especially glad to hear NBC will likely keep the videos online a while ^_^

vCash
    Why is 'praise' ahead of 'complaints' in the thread title ?

vCash
    Anyone else have the problem with NBC live site being able to select your TV provider pop-up window? I select Charter, the pop-up disappears, only to reappear again. If I click on any of the other providers, I get the log-in screen, but of course, they are not my actual provider--Charter is. I checked the FAQs there, and there is nothing about this listed. I did try to contact them, but you need to type in the funky alpha code, and instead of bunch of letters/numbers, I get a red X, so I can't even send them an email.

I haven't a clue as to what to do, unless it's to reset the computer back to yesterday when it worked, only I don't remember how to do that any more. I know--no technick at all!!
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Why is 'praise' ahead of 'complaints' in the thread title ?
    It just came out that way.

That said, I'm not as upset about the NBC coverage as others seem to be. I am grateful for the vastness of everything available. I don't depend on only the NBC network; I watch all the channels. I don't feel as frustrated about having everything live. I watch for months afterwards and still feel the same excitement. I'm past complaining about the commentators - life's too short and I'm too old.

NBC is far from perfect and I have my frustrations, but I realize it's a business and, like every other business, the bottom line is to make a profit. I'm willing to do the planning and advance preparation to make it work. This board is full of great information and help from wonderful posters. I can find ways to view the things I want to see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by suep1963 View Post
    Anyone else have the problem with NBC live site being able to select your TV provider pop-up window? I select Charter, the pop-up disappears, only to reappear again. If I click on any of the other providers, I get the log-in screen, but of course, they are not my actual provider--Charter is. I checked the FAQs there, and there is nothing about this listed. I did try to contact them, but you need to type in the funky alpha code, and instead of bunch of letters/numbers, I get a red X, so I can't even send them an email.

I haven't a clue as to what to do, unless it's to reset the computer back to yesterday when it worked, only I don't remember how to do that any more. I know--no technick at all!!
    I won't be much help. If it worked yesterday, I'm not sure why you have to do it again at all. You should only have to register once. You might want to try to contact Charter and work things out that way.

I'm sure someone here can help you with how to reset your computer - not me.

vCash
    It's made me register almost every day--don't know why. I've dumped cookies/caches and rebooted once more. We'll see what happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    That said, I'm not as upset about the NBC coverage as others seem to be. I am grateful for the vastness of everything available.
    Oh, their prime time coverage is really bad (especially when it comes to gymnastics), but I agree having the option to watch almost all events live online is awesome. Major for their soccer channel, too.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i've really enjoyed the uninterrupted live-ish tennis on bravo
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    For those recording. Check your timers for Saturday. My times are not coming up correctly. Adjustments, adjustments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I personally can't wait for NBC's intro of sweeping aerial shots over Britain while Arnaud's "Bugler's Dream" blasts in the background!
    Do you know if the theme w/ UK shots has been posted anywhere? I keep missing the beginning of the broadcasts.

vCash
    Don't know if this is true for all systems but it appears the time schedules for the basketball and soccer channels have been mixed-up. I am told that information is supplied by NBC? so it may be mix-up everywhere. Check your systems.

vCash
    Every time I try to watch Track & Field on the live streams I get a blank screen. I have no idea why this is. It is pissing me off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    Every time I try to watch Track & Field on the live streams I get a blank screen. I have no idea why this is. It is pissing me off.
    Try a different browser - if you haven't already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Do you know if the theme w/ UK shots has been posted anywhere? I keep missing the beginning of the broadcasts.
    I haven't seen it. You have 8 more days to remember to tune in on time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    I had to change over from Google Chrome to Firefox to get the live stream video to work.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast