Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I personally can't wait for NBC's intro of sweeping aerial shots over Britain while Arnaud's "Bugler's Dream" blasts in the background!
    OMG, thank you for this link. I watched just now and LITERALLY started crying when I saw the horses. Olympics makes me cry, y'all.

vCash
    Just watched a preview of the feature stories Mary Carillo will be doing over the next 2 weeks. This could be really good. Bog-snorkling?

- New announcer Michelle Beadle - on the sports desk at NBSN - so far I really like her. Well spoken and a good interviewer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Just watched a preview of the feature stories Mary Carillo will be doing over the next 2 weeks. This could be really good. Bog-snorkling?

- New announcer Michelle Beadle - on the sports desk at NBSN - so far I really like her. Well spoken and a good interviewer.
    I agree--I wasn't sure about her at first but she seems to know what she's talking about. I'm also glad to see that Liam McHugh has been given a prominent role in NBCSN's coverage. I've been impressed with his work on the NHL and Tour de France coverage. It's good to see that NBC is bringing in some younger talent--some of their veterans (Costas, Michaels, Hammond, etc.) are in their 60s now and are not going to be around forever.

vCash
    Ok, so apparently NBC is NOT showing the Opening Ceremonies live online tomorrow; it's only on Primetime. *fume*

So, now I need an alternate online feed to watch! I've downloaded HotSpot Shield and will attempt to get on the BBC feed, if one exists. Does anyone know? If I end up not being able to watch this live tomorrow, I will tear this place up, lol.

In the place 4 hours due East of where George Spiteri has his workshop
    vCash
    I know that I'm going to try to snag a live stream from outside the USA somehow. I don't have cable, can barely bring in NBC with my antenna.

Hopefully I'll find a way. I'm not happy at all with NBC limiting live stream (or even archived videos) only to those who pay for TV.

vCash
    I wasn't around much during beijing so I don't know what we normally do but are we going to do NBC broadcast threads for the ceremonies/prime time so those who haven't been spoiled can chat?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i am unspoiled and very bitter about the addition of ryan seacrest
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Anyone else having trouble getting videos to load in the NBC Live Extra app for iPad? How quickly do they load? I just get the spinning loading square.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    I've been able to watch on the iPad app though I am preferring the website because it seems like I can rewind/fast forward the streams a lot easier on the computer.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Why isn't it working for me?! I have the app because I can't be on the computer. My wi-fi is working. I just deleted it from my iPad and am reinstalling. It worked fine for podium training. It's really pissing me off.

ETA Well hitting the x on the app didn't work. Logging out didn't work. I just get that stupid square. Ugh! I just want it to work! It worked fine earlier in the week. :

ETA2 Works on my Android phone. Stupid iPad.
    Last edited by Tesla; 07-28-2012 at 02:42 PM.

vCash
    I thought we got live streaming of every event. If Dressage is still going on, why can't I access it? Is there intermission with equestrian events?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by just tuned in View Post
    OMG, thank you for this link. I watched just now and LITERALLY started crying when I saw the horses. Olympics makes me cry, y'all.
    Oh dear. Me too! I thought I was the only one.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Yay! The iPad app is working now. Not that anyone cares but thanks for letting me vent.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avivadawn View Post
    I know that I'm going to try to snag a live stream from outside the USA somehow. I don't have cable, can barely bring in NBC with my antenna.

Hopefully I'll find a way. I'm not happy at all with NBC limiting live stream (or even archived videos) only to those who pay for TV.
    Same here. It looks like I'll have to pay for a proxy, but at least it'll be just a month of use and that isn't expensive. Obviously way less expensive than buying a TV which won't fit anywhere in my apartment anyway.

It's just frustrating that NBC has barely ANYTHING for us online even though the main NBC channel with primetime stuff is OTA.

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    Is NBC having tech difficulties or is my TV going wacky?

Crashing Nancy Kerrigan's float in the Disney Parade
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Same here. It looks like I'll have to pay for a proxy, but at least it'll be just a month of use and that isn't expensive. Obviously way less expensive than buying a TV which won't fit anywhere in my apartment anyway.

It's just frustrating that NBC has barely ANYTHING for us online even though the main NBC channel with primetime stuff is OTA.
    Make that three of us, if you find a stream that works with proxy, please share. NBC didn't even offer the option to purchase access to those who aren't cable subscribers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avivadawn View Post
    Agreed. They must've gotten gobs of money from the cable giants to pull such a stunt. I don't have any cable TV at all, and I would've gladly paid for live streaming. Instead I borrowed my parents' Verizon password, and NBC doesn't get one red cent from me.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    Make that three of us, if you find a stream that works with proxy, please share. NBC didn't even offer the option to purchase access to those who aren't cable subscribers.
    This post from Ycombinator was helpful: http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4306684

Both options come with a free 1-week trial, so you could even use both and be set for the Olympics and not have to pay anything.

vCash
    Does anyone think that Bob Costas is the new Dick Clark? As in, ageless in a creepy way?

Seriously, man. I remember him being a fairly good looking guy back in, oh, 1988, when he first did this Olympics ringmaster thing. Some 25 years later and. . . he looks frighteningly similar. Whether it's makeup or plastic surgery or a combination, it's scary.

Also, last night, hubby was commenting on how all the commentators' eyes had a glint in them. Sure enough, when I looked, they all had a glint in them, like there was a light right in front of each commentator. Which couldn't have been the case as they were all in different venues. He contends they were added post-production.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast