Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I have placeholders on Comcast for both channels - in my area channels 801 and 809; this may vary by market - with a static image that says coverage begins on 7/25 (soccer) and 7/28 (basketball).
    I finally found mine on Comcast - 895 and 896. When I went to 801 and 809, it was rather different programming. When I called Comcast - they didn't know. I finally found it by going through every channel from 600 on up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Update on DISH. They have no clue about the specialty channels. I keep calling the Executive Resolution Team and they still don't know. Spent over an hour on the phone this morning. He finally said to me "We will have everything up and running by the Opening Ceremonies on the 27th".

My answer to him - "Competition starts tomorrow!!!!".

We are now working by email. I sent him several links to information about the specialty channels. I don't know if he will actually try to find out or if he was just sick of me.
    I remember in 2008, I knew that Time Warner was carrying the channels and managed to find out channels they'd be on, but they hadn't shown up in my program guide yet. Same thing this time around, so I can only hope they show up when they're supposed to tomorrow since I'll be at work when the games start.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Do a search in your Dish guide. Soccer is going to be on the NBC channels. I think CNBC or NBCSports or something along those lines. I forget the exact channels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Do a search in your Dish guide. Soccer is going to be on the NBC channels. I think CNBC or NBCSports or something along those lines. I forget the exact channels.
    Most of the soccer will be on the NBC Olympic Soccer channel, which is a new channel set up specifically for the olympics. Same with basketball on the NBC Olympic Basketball channel.

vCash
    I finally found mine on Comcast - 895 and 896. When I went to 801 and 809, it was rather different programming. When I called Comcast - they didn't know. I finally found it by going through every channel from 600 on up.
    Thanks AH Black! I just found mine on the same Comcast channels! Yay!

vCash
    I finally called tech support (they often have the best information). The specialty channels will probably be on 147-148 The problem is they are scheduled to be activated on 7/28/12. I hope the soccer channel will be available tomorrow but I'm not sure.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I finally called tech support (they often have the best information). The specialty channels will probably be on 147-148 The problem is they are scheduled to be activated on 7/28/12. I hope the soccer channel will be available tomorrow but I'm not sure.
    Do a search. The soccer qualifying rounds are going to air on CNBC or NBCSports or MSNBC or one of those channels. I can't search as there is a storm here and I have signal loss. BTW, I'm referring to Dish Network.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Do a search. The soccer qualifying rounds are going to air on CNBC or NBCSports or MSNBC or one of those channels. I can't search as there is a storm here and I have signal loss. BTW, I'm referring to Dish Network.
    You're missing something. I/we are not talking about individual games that will be carried on the NBC family of stations. I/we are talking about the 2 Specialty channels NBC is offering. One is for soccer only - the other is for basketball only. They are ONLY available during the Olympics.

Here's the search I suggest for you - https://www.google.com/search?q=NBC+...ient=firefox-a

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Ok. I thought you were worried about missing stuff. I just wanted you to know that you weren't going to miss anything.

vCash
    Just did a search for Directv. The basketball and soccer channels will be 754-755. For more info - http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=135115

Also wanted to add - I think Directv and Comcast will have the 3D channel. Dish will not have it.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 07-25-2012 at 01:30 AM.

vCash
    Just did a search for Directv. The basketball and soccer channels will be 754-755. For more info - http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=135115

Also wanted to add - I think Directv and Comcast will have the 3D channel. Dish will not have it.
    For DirecTV, the soccer and basketball channels will be 751 and 752. These are already listed on my programming guide. Channel 750 will be the Olympic Mix, and the 3D coverage will be available on channel 103.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedySucks View Post
    For DirecTV, the soccer and basketball channels will be 751 and 752. These are already listed on my programming guide. Channel 750 will be the Olympic Mix, and the 3D coverage will be available on channel 103.
    Thanks for the correction. Are you watching the 3D channel?

vCash
    Thanks for the correction. Are you watching the 3D channel?
    I wish I could, but I don't have a 3D TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastClub View Post
    NBCUniversal has a minority financial interest in Universal Sports and no controlling interest. Universal Sports is NOT part of the NBC Sports Network (the group of stations, not the actual channel.) They have no need or interest in leveraging US to broadcast coverage.

Comcast has absolutely no controlling interest in Universal Sports.

The lovely entrepreneurs at Intermedia Partners who purchased and still very much majority own Universal Sports cut a deal with the devil back in 2007 in exchange for the rights to leverage the NBC peacock branding. They got greedy, pulled their over the air coverage to try to cash in big once they were a household name, and tried to extort the satellite and cable companies for a ridiculous per subscriber fee. (Much like Viacom just did and lost trying to extort DirecTV. Providers know that they can demand higher and higher per subscriber fees of the cable and satellite companies, and the cable and satellite companies will always take all the bad PR and public flogging for raising rates and/or dropping channels when most of the time what they are doing is passing on the higher rates demanded by the content providers.)

At any rate, I expect Universal Sports to eventually go under. They don't have enough subscribers to keep it afloat.
    Just got an email from Universal Sports this evening. Apparently as of Friday, all full-event broadcasts will only be available online to those with TV subscriptions - no more PPV option. So if you're on Comcast, sucks to be you! This comes after they revamped their site and removed all paid video archives, including last season's skating events (which we at least would have expected to keep till the new one begins).

All I can say is that I'm very, very grateful we at least have an alternative with IceNetwork - US alpine skiing fans for instance won't be so fortunate. At this point if I knew the sports involved would make it to another network without further loss of coverage, I'd be fine with seeing Universal Sports go down for their greed. But they probably wouldn't, so
    Last edited by Lara; 07-25-2012 at 06:15 AM.

vCash
    Just got home from work. Does anyone know why MSNBC and NBSN are broadcasting the same game? MSNBC is supposed to be Columbia vs North Korea, not Brazil vs Camaroon.

eta - Just saw the scheduled game hasn't started yet. I wonder if on time scheduling is going to be an issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastClub View Post
    At any rate, I expect Universal Sports to eventually go under. They don't have enough subscribers to keep it afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Just got an email from Universal Sports this evening. Apparently as of Friday, all full-event broadcasts will only be available online to those with TV subscriptions - no more PPV option. So if you're on Comcast, sucks to be you! This comes after they revamped their site and removed all paid video archives, including last season's skating events (which we at least would have expected to keep till the new one begins).

All I can say is that I'm very, very grateful we at least have an alternative with IceNetwork - US alpine skiing fans for instance won't be so fortunate. At this point if I knew the sports involved would make it to another network without further loss of coverage, I'd be fine with seeing Universal Sports go down for their greed. But they probably wouldn't, so
    I expect Universal Sports to stay around as long as they have those contracts with the individual sports federations.

As for the video access changing, it looks like they are taking NBC for a model. It's more restrictive as NBC is muuch more available to viewers, but NBC requires a subscription to a cable/satellite company to watch their videos live. I understand it will be frustrating for those who don't have broadcast access to Universal Sports.

vCash
    I have DirecTV for TV programming and Comcast for my internet. Will I still be able to get Universal Sports online? I don't want internet via satellite because in bad weather, then both TV and internet would be out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    I have DirecTV for TV programming and Comcast for my internet. Will I still be able to get Universal Sports online? I don't want internet via satellite because in bad weather, then both TV and internet would be out.
    If you get Universal Sports on your DirecTV, you should be able to watch the online stream - for free. Universal Sports is available on DirecTV as part of one of the sports packages. I believe there is an extra fee.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    If you get Universal Sports on your DirecTV, you should be able to watch the online stream - for free. Universal Sports is available on DirecTV as part of one of the sports packages. I believe there is an extra fee.
    Yes, it's called the Sports Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedySucks
    There will also be an Olympic Mix on channel 205. I don't remember if it starts tomorrow or on Friday, the 27th.
    Last edited by Simone411; 07-26-2012 at 01:49 AM.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    I personally can't wait for NBC's intro of sweeping aerial shots over Britain while Arnaud's "Bugler's Dream" blasts in the background!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast