Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I believe the NBC Online feeds will be the "legit" NBC feeds in that they'll have the Trio and everything. During Trials the feed was the same as TV; they just cut out during commercial breaks. I would expect the live stream will work pretty similarly. UniSports has "borrowed" BBC's commentary team and footage for Worlds but I would think that NBC will stick with their own stuff this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    I believe the NBC Online feeds will be the "legit" NBC feeds in that they'll have the Trio and everything. During Trials the feed was the same as TV; they just cut out during commercial breaks. I would expect the live stream will work pretty similarly. UniSports has "borrowed" BBC's commentary team and footage for Worlds but I would think that NBC will stick with their own stuff this time.
    Once again, NBC has already announced that most of the online feeds will have no commentary. For the major sports, they will use the commentary from the host feed. The NBC TV coverage will not be streamed on the internet, but the coverage from the cable networks will.

vCash
    Hmm, I did not know that. Looks like we'll be getting BBC then. They're not bad, but they tend to be incredibly biased towards their own girls, lol. Could make prelims pretty interesting!

vCash
    The information in the press release lists the following as commentators for soccer -

· SOCCER: NBC’s MLS play-by-play commentator Arlo White will call his first Olympics, working alongside men’s analyst Kyle Martino, who is also working his first Olympic Games, and women’s analyst Brandi Chastain, calling her second Olympics. Martino was a long-time Major League Soccer player, having played for the All Star team in 2003, and was 2002 MLS Rookie of the Year. Chastain has played in three Olympics (Athens, Sydney and Atlanta) and three Women’s World Cups (1991, 1999 and 2003). Reporter Drea Avent, in her Olympic debut, will cover women’s soccer in London.

and

SOCCER:

Arlo White, Play-by-play (London)

JP Dellacamera, Play-by-play

Glenn Davis, Play-by-play

Steve Cangialosi, Play-by-play

Allen Hopkins, Play-by-play and Analyst

Kyle Martino, Analyst (London)

Marcelo Balboa, Analyst

Shep Messing, Analyst

Cobi Jones, Analyst

Brandi Chastain, Analyst (London)

Kate Markgraf, Analyst

Cat Whitehill, Analyst

Angela Hucles, Analyst

Drea Avent, Reporter (London)

It looks like most of the commentating will be done in New York from tape. I just wonder if there will be more than one team per match. I wouldn't think so.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tanith Belbin tweeted over the weekend: https://twitter.com/TanithJLB/status/222150138859225090
    Thrilled to have signed on with NBC's At-Home Coverage team in NYC this summer; delivering news and updates from the 2012 London Olympics!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Point me if there's another thread, but has any info on Canadian coverage come out?

I'm especially interested in whether Bell will air full events on satellite the way they did for figure skating in Vancouver. That might be worth a trip back home for...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Is the NBCOlympics app live? If it isn't, does anyone know when it'll be ready for download?
    Just released today I think! Downloaded on the iPhone.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Just released today I think! Downloaded on the iPhone.
    Thank you! I'll have to check my iPad and Android phone.

vCash
    Thank you! I'll have to check my iPad and Android phone.
    Where would I go to find it? I just upgraded to an Android phone a week ago, so I can use this.

vCash
    Point me if there's another thread, but has any info on Canadian coverage come out?

I'm especially interested in whether Bell will air full events on satellite the way they did for figure skating in Vancouver. That might be worth a trip back home for...
    http://www.ctvolympics.ca/viewers-guide/index.html

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    Where would I go to find it? I just upgraded to an Android phone a week ago, so I can use this.
    It should be in the Google Play store. I have an HTC Incredible and I don't know if my phone is compatible. I couldn't find it in the store.

vCash
    I had a look at NBC Universal's complete Olympic line-up, and three sports will be getting scant to no coverage: judo, sailing, and taekwondo. The only judo event that will be shown is the women's 78kg on Thursday, the 2nd of August, on MSNBC, and that may be because there's a chance that, in that event, the USA will finally get its first ever Olympic judo gold medal. The heavyweight titles in taekwondo will be shown on the penultimate day of the Games on the NBC Sports Network. But there will be no coverage of sailing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDSSF View Post
    I had a look at NBC Universal's complete Olympic line-up, and three sports will be getting scant to no coverage: judo, sailing, and taekwondo. The only judo event that will be shown is the women's 78kg on Thursday, the 2nd of August, on MSNBC, and that may be because there's a chance that, in that event, the USA will finally get its first ever Olympic judo gold medal. The heavyweight titles in taekwondo will be shown on the penultimate day of the Games on the NBC Sports Network. But there will be no coverage of sailing.
    IIRC, none of those sports received any TV coverage in 2008 either. They were only streamed online.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDSSF View Post
    I saw a bit of sailing coverage in 2008 although not much. It wasn't live. It was more like a long report on several of the races. I wonder if judo and taekwondo will show up at odd times - maybe on CNBC? I will keep an eye out.

As for Canadian coverage, I'm waiting for someone to start a thread about coverage for all the countries other than the US.

vCash
    Anyone see which Android phones are supposed to be getting the ap?

vCash
    It should be in the Google Play store. I have an HTC Incredible and I don't know if my phone is compatible. I couldn't find it in the store.
    Here's the web link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Gl2ZWV4dHJhIl0.

There doesn't seem to be info as to what devices are compatible though. Hopefully it's a low threshold, the 2.2 and up is encouraging.

vCash
    My phone is 2.3 (Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I saw a bit of sailing coverage in 2008 although not much. It wasn't live. It was more like a long report on several of the races. I wonder if judo and taekwondo will show up at odd times - maybe on CNBC? I will keep an eye out.
    CNBC is showing only boxing and nothing else. So unlikely you'll see it pop up there. Maybe it'll make a couple of appearances on NBCSN or MSNBC, but that's the best you can hope for. Of course, if you want to see those lesser-covered sports, there's always the online streaming.

vCash
    It's true that only boxing is scheduled for CNBC but sometimes I have popped over there in past Olympics and they have covered something else. If boxing runs short and they have time to fill - they fill it.

vCash

I took a look at the canadian coverage and Gymnastics will have a great coverage, on the channel named ´SN¨(i guess it´s Sportsnetwork)

The 3 subdivisions for the Men´s preliminaries will be broadcasted entirely and live

And for the women´s team preliminaries, only Subdivision 1 wont get coverage but the rest, with the top contenders, all will be live and full televised

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast