Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    But all the performances will be available online with multiple dedicated streams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    But all the performances will be available online with multiple dedicated streams.
    It is my understanding (as discussed earlier in the thread) though that these are only available to those with a login from a satellite/cable provider.

There doesn't seem to be any option to gain access (paid?) if you don't have that.

vCash
    Right but it seems silly to complain about TV coverage if you don't even have a cable package including the TV coverage.

vCash
    I'm complaining about Internet coverage It is absurd there is no option to pay for it.

The only TV coverage I get is over-the-air, so I miss a whole lot, they only put a very few sports on actual NBC. Although I do have a recorder on my computer, so I record during the day (you can't watch TV and record something else though- it is one channel only), people who watch over the air are way more likely to watch commercials, which is what pays for most of the broadcast, not cable fees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Maybe I'm stoopid, but I can't find the following ... I want to see a time schedule of when the events are London time as they take place. Basically I want to make sure I can listen to my AM radio show 6-10a without hearing about any results. 10a for me would be 3p London time. Will medals events be taking place that early prior to 3p London time, or do they schedule final medal events according to evening time in the host city (if that made sense!).
    http://www.london2012.com/schedule-and-results/

That has all of the schedules broken down by event and displayed in a fairly user-friendly grid format. Some medal events will take place earlier in the morning/afternoon London time, but a lot of the finals, especially in sports like track & field and swimming won't take place until the evening in London.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DK073 View Post
    http://www.london2012.com/schedule-and-results/

That has all of the schedules broken down by event and displayed in a fairly user-friendly grid format. Some medal events will take place earlier in the morning/afternoon London time, but a lot of the finals, especially in sports like track & field and swimming won't take place until the evening in London.
    Thanks for finding that. I'm thinking it would be nice to have a sticky thread with all the main "official" sites on it.

vCash
    Also of note, stumbled upon this from the NBC affiliate in Pittsburgh, it's the complete NBC broadcast schedule (not the cable networks though) with full sport-by-sport listings.. http://www.wpxi.com/news/sports/olym...chedule/nPjCS/

Here is the breakdown in terms of the hours, you can click on the link to see what sports are being covered
    Friday, July 27 -- 7:30pm-Midnight
    Saturday, July 28 -- 5am!-6pm, 8pm-Midnight, 12:30am-1:30am
    Sunday, July 29 -- 7am-6pm, 7pm-Midnight, 12:35am-1:35am
    Monday, July 30 through Friday, August 3 -- 10am-5pm, 8pm-Midnight, 12:35am-1:35am
    Saturday, August 4 -- 9am-6pm, 8pm-Midnight, 12:30am-1:30am
    Sunday, August 5 -- 6am-6pm, 7pm-Midnight, 12:35am-1:35am
    August 6 + August 7 + August 9 -- 10am-5pm, 8pm-Midnight, 12:35am-1:35am
    Wednesday, August 8 -- 10am-5pm, 8pm-11:08pm, 12:05am-1:05am
    Friday, August 10 -- 10am-4pm, 8pm-Midnight, 12:35am-1:35am
    Saturday, August 11 -- 10am-6pm, 8pm-Midnight, 12:30am-1:30am
    Sunday, August 12 -- 6am-9am, 10a,-6pm, 7pm-10:38pm

vCash
    July 28th's coverage starts so early because that's when some events will be going on, lol. I think men's prelims start at 4 or 5. Not sure which group the USA men are in; could be the first? Not sure.

Anyways. I've had a chance to fiddle with the NBCOlympics online coverage and it's far from ideal. First of all, I keep having to reverify my cable subscription to see the video. Then, I have problems getting the video to show up...I'll get audio, but a black screen. And then, when I tried watching gymnastics Trials last night, the feed was several minutes behind. I had to sprint downstairs to switch to my TV but I was too late and missed Gabby's vault. !!!

Hopefully they can get some of the technical aspects ironed out because if they continue, I will be looking for feeds elsewhere. I badly want this to work, but I dunno!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    July 28th's coverage starts so early because that's when some events will be going on, lol. I think men's prelims start at 4 or 5. Not sure which group the USA men are in; could be the first? Not sure.

Anyways. I've had a chance to fiddle with the NBCOlympics online coverage and it's far from ideal. First of all, I keep having to reverify my cable subscription to see the video. Then, I have problems getting the video to show up...I'll get audio, but a black screen. And then, when I tried watching gymnastics Trials last night, the feed was several minutes behind. I had to sprint downstairs to switch to my TV but I was too late and missed Gabby's vault. !!!

Hopefully they can get some of the technical aspects ironed out because if they continue, I will be looking for feeds elsewhere. I badly want this to work, but I dunno!
    I'm not sure they have decided on the times/orders for prelims yet.

Most people have problems watching video on their computers from time to time so I am posting some tips that have helped me. I will refer others with problems/complaints to this post from now on. If anyone as other tips I will add them to the list (if you post them soon enough to edit).

Tips for watching streaming video

1 - Clear your cache - for ALL browsers (firefox, explorer, chrome, safari etc.)
    2 - Reboot after you clear your cache. (sometimes some updates may have downloaded and they won't help and will actually mess things up until you reboot).
    3 - Make sure all your updates are in place - both for your operating system (windows / OS X etc.) and for your browsers.
    4 - Try resetting your modem. Mine requires me to stick a toothpick in a little hole and the whole thing resets in a minute or two.
    5 - Often the easiest. Switch browsers. Explorer to Firefox. Chrome to Explorer. Firefox to Safari. Or any other switch. For some reason one browser will get jammed up but another browser will be just fine.

Hope that helps.

Concerning audio problems on NBC

Several posters mentioned they couldn't hear the commentary for trials as the crowd noise was too loud. This problem could easily be the audio settings on your TV.

1 - Push the menu button on your TV (It may not be on the remote).
    2 - Navigate to the audio setting.
    3 - Check the setting for something like "effects". (Mine says effects).
    4 - Change the setting to something like "simulated" (or just make a change).

Most likely this will solve the audio problem. My old, analog, TVs have no problem with the NBC audio but my newer TV needed adjusting.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 07-03-2012 at 12:47 AM.

vCash
    Yep, done all of the above. My problem wasn't with not having audio; it was not having video. A refresh of the page sometimes helped (I had to refresh after every commercial break; super annoying) or switching to a different resolution.

And yes, the prelim draw was decided months ago. This is the AG Olympic schedule: http://www.london2012.com/gymnastics...e-and-results/ and this is the draw: http://www.intlgymnast.com/index.php...3132&Itemid=53 Men's prelims start at 5am CST so that's probably what they're showing, even though the USA doesn't go till the second session; they won't start until close to noon CST. GBR and CHN are in the first rotation though, so I'm sure that's what NBC will be showing.

vCash
    Yep, done all of the above. My problem wasn't with not having audio; it was not having video. A refresh of the page sometimes helped (I had to refresh after every commercial break; super annoying) or switching to a different resolution.

And yes, the prelim draw was decided months ago. This is the AG Olympic schedule: http://www.london2012.com/gymnastics...e-and-results/ and this is the draw: http://www.intlgymnast.com/index.php...3132&Itemid=53 Men's prelims start at 5am CST so that's probably what they're showing, even though the USA doesn't go till the second session; they won't start until close to noon CST. GBR and CHN are in the first rotation though, so I'm sure that's what NBC will be showing.
    The only other thing I can suggest is to make sure the time is right on your computer and on the NBC pages. I have no idea why this makes a difference but sometimes it does.

I mention this because I just noticed this afternoon that FSU is about 4-6 minutes fast. I have been wondering if I should contact a moderator about it.

vCash
    There is ZERO chance NBC is showing gymnastics live at 5 in the morning. That's going to get saved for primetime, maybe with a little bit shown in the morning/afternoon. In looking at the schedule, the men's road race in cycling starts at 5am ET. I bet that's the event NBC comes on the air with.

vCash
    Lo and behold, look what I found.. 2012 LONDON OLYMPIC GAMES
    LISTINGS

There's the complete listings, by network with all the times and all events covered. I see the word LIVE there a lot, but for the most part, the big 4 sports are mostly on delay on TV. Of course, everything is live online (pending authentication, I know that's easier said than done), so that's an option that wasn't there for Beijing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DK073 View Post
    Lo and behold, look what I found.. 2012 LONDON OLYMPIC GAMES
    LISTINGS

There's the complete listings, by network with all the times and all events covered. I see the word LIVE there a lot, but for the most part, the big 4 sports are mostly on delay on TV. Of course, everything is live online (pending authentication, I know that's easier said than done), so that's an option that wasn't there for Beijing
    Great work. I wish there were a way to put this link in the original post.

vCash
    I know that NBC/YouTube are going to stream the games live for US viewers. But during those feeds, will they show NBC commentary as it happens? Or will we have to wait until the broadcasts go on air for the NBC commentary, however ridiculous and biased it may be? For gymnastics, I know that they can't show everyone in the all-around events, but I'd like to see all eight finalists on each apparatus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDSSF View Post
    I know that NBC/YouTube are going to stream the games live for US viewers. But during those feeds, will they show NBC commentary as it happens? Or will we have to wait until the broadcasts go on air for the NBC commentary, however ridiculous and biased it may be? For gymnastics, I know that they can't show everyone in the all-around events, but I'd like to see all eight finalists on each apparatus.
    Most of the feeds will have no commentary. The major sports will use the commentary from the host feed.

vCash
    In 2008 there were streams of each apparatus so you could watch every performance on every apparatus. No commentary. It was cool. It takes a long to to watch, though.

vCash
    From what I understand, there may be some of the world feed international commentary on some of the feeds, but there probably won't be anything from NBC on the online streams.

And from what I've seen and heard about.. if you think NBC's commentary is ridiculous and biased, you should hear it from another country like Canada. Theirs is much worse than what NBC offers.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Is the NBCOlympics app live? If it isn't, does anyone know when it'll be ready for download?

vCash
    Found the press release for the schedule up to July 29th - http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/s...1346747203.xml

Scroll down for the Olympic schedule and further down for the Universal Sports schedule (only to July 9th). So far the schedule looks the same as the one DK073 found. No word yet on Olympic specific programming from Universal Sports.

Here is the schedule for July 25th - the first day of competition in women's soccer

WEDNESDAY, JULY 25 (Day -2)

MSNBC
    10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Women’s Soccer – Qualifying Round (LIVE)
    2:30 – 6 p.m. Women’s Soccer – Qualifying Round (LIVE)

NBC SPORTS NETWORK
    11:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Women’s Soccer – U.S. vs. France (LIVE)
    6 p.m. – 12:30 a.m. Re-air
    12:30 a.m. – 7 a.m. Re-air

NBC OLYMPIC SOCCER CHANNEL
    Noon – Midnight Women’s Soccer –
    U.S. vs. France (LIVE)
    Columbia vs. North Korea (LIVE)
    Great Britain vs. New Zealand
    Japan vs. Canada
    Cameroon vs. Brazil
    Sweden vs. South Africa
    U.S. vs. France (re-air)

TELEMUNDO
    9 a.m. – 10 a.m. (ET/PT) Olympic Preview

I'm wondering if the coverage on the Soccer Channel will have different commentary than the coverage on MSNBC and NBC Sports. I'm guessing the answer is "no" but I can't tell for sure.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast