Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    That's actually pretty small baby pictures payment for some stars.
    She's not a star though. She's a Z-lister.

Hasn't had a hit single in years, her tv shows aren't that popular and yes her clothing business is very successful but that's it.

vCash
    I realize she's a judge on that NBC reality show, but I view her more of as a has-been than someone I would be curious about. Given the rumors that she was pregnant, the eventual announcement and the gestation period that seemed to never end, I think this was a case of her camp saturating the market. The reaction I had was...well thank goodness she finally had that kid because I was tired of hearing about it.

All celebs (whatever status) are narcissists in their own way. But I'm not particularly a fan of ones who invite us into their lives through the reality show genre. I feel like this is just more of the same.

But as Rex said, good for her. If she can spread out her 15 minutes for being airheaded and spacey, good for her.

vCash
    maybe they saw the baby on the front cover and

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I never understood these magazines paying millions for baby pictures, or the public's obvious desire to see them. I mean, babies look alike for the most part, even those of celebrities.
    Ahh, but the celebrities offer up such insightful and unique observations on parenthood, like this observation from Jessica:
    “My life has completely changed. From how I sleep to what I think about, Maxwell has definitely taken over everything. We stare at her all the time. We can’t get enough!”

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I've always felt kind of sorry for Jessica Simpson, and therefore kind of wanted to defend her, although I don't have a clue why. She can't act, sing that well...but she does seem to have a very lucrative fashion business, so good for her. I mean, can't people just cut her some slack? She's kind of banal, but she seems to be pretty harmless. She's not nearly as obnoxious as a whole lot of other celebs I can think of. As we say in the South, "Bless her heart...."

vCash
    Jessica Simpson basically became a superstar because she's a complete idiot. People watched Newlyweds to see what stupid thing she would say next. She then proceeded to laugh about this and make a ton of money off her own idiocy and lack of talent, not to mention the utter hypocrisy of her actions regarding pregnancy and marital status after the way she marketed herself for so many years. I put her one step above Snooki and have no respect for her whatsoever and find her to be quite obnoxious.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Jessica Simpson basically became a superstar because she's a complete idiot. People watched Newlyweds to see what stupid thing she would say next. She then proceeded to laugh about this and make a ton of money off her own idiocy and lack of talent, not to mention the utter hypocrisy of her actions regarding pregnancy and marital status after the way she marketed herself for so many years. I put her one step above Snooki and have no respect for her whatsoever and find her to be quite obnoxious.
    I agree completely. Ditto.
    I will not be ignored! -Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I have to admire someone with such a mediocre talent to have used said talent as a launching pad to wealth. Props to her creepy but savvy parents. She doesn't care if she makes another album or does another TV show - girl is mad rich and pretty much set for life.
    She has good business sense, and for her, that has proven to be more profitable than talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    I've always felt kind of sorry for Jessica Simpson, and therefore kind of wanted to defend her, although I don't have a clue why.
    Maybe because she grew up with Britney and Xtina and was not considered as talented or successful. But, when you begin to draw parallels, Jessica has been successful, also. It took her a little bit longer to find her niche.

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    That is a misnomer. I think that the fact that she has turned 15 mins of fame into 30 mins (and counting) makes her a shrewd business woman. True, she says a lot of silly things without thinking. I think that a lot of people underestimate her intelligence. Her mother has been quoted saying that Jess has a genius IQ and I wouldn't doubt it. One of my best friends from childhood had a genius IQ and she didn't have enough common sense to come inside if it was raining.

As for hypocrisy of her actions, people change and mature as they get older and have life experiences. Her father was a preacher and he has to be one of the biggest creeps walking. I'm sure that had a lot of influence on her values as a young person. Since then, though, her sister was pregnant when she got married. Jess is divorced.....life happens, opinions and feelings change. She's expanded her world view. She was saying all that stuff when she was twenty. That was ten years ago.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    I realize she's a judge on that NBC reality show, but I view her more of as a has-been than someone I would be curious about. Given the rumors that she was pregnant, the eventual announcement and the gestation period that seemed to never end, I think this was a case of her camp saturating the market. The reaction I had was...well thank goodness she finally had that kid because I was tired of hearing about it.
    It did seem like she was pregnant for 16 months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12