Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Jessica Simpson + Baby on PEOPLE Cover = Epic Fail

Could it be that (gasp) she and her baby just aren't that interesting?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...agazine-333487
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Banned Member
    vCash
    The thing is, she ISNT interesting. I only replied to this Overedge because you started a thread. Let's get to the point, she was counter point to Brit and Xtina, she was the one with 'morals'. I actually liked what she did in Dallas, and at one point she could sing. Yet she (with no brains or cerebral cortex) landed man on man on man and got preggos with no wedding ring in sight. It's funny how life creeps up on you and all those southerny baptisty thingies you rally for turn out that YOU ARE JUST AS "BAD" as all those you villify.

Her father is so creepy I really can't get past it. I've known incest issues and creepy dads. I pass on everything Jessica Simpson even though I've been told she has good shoes. No way. Joseph Simpson gives me not just creeps but revulsion.
    I will not be ignored! -Me

vCash
    People who live their lives on television and/or celebs who headline entertainment magazines/shows aren't usually very interesting, when you get right down to it.

vCash
    Why would they pay her that much?

Nobody saw it coming?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Why would they pay her that much?

Nobody saw it coming?
    That's actually pretty small baby pictures payment for some stars. I opened this thread only because the title drew me in, thinking that there was something wrong with the picture, not because of the celeb.

I read People when waiting in a doctor's office for my appointment. By the time I get to read them it is weeks or months later and the cover has been torn off. Or I buy one to read in the airport - as it is usually hard to concentrate on a book until I get on the plane.

vCash
    Is the father not "in the picture"? (I see that he isn't on the cover.)

I thought she had gotten married. Did that not work out?

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Why does anyone pay any attention a baby that isn't theirs?

(Well, okay, I would be interested if the Duchess of Cambridge has a child, but that baby will be in line for the British throne.)

vCash
    He isn't on the cover, but ironically he is in the same picture (the complete photo is with the story). He got cropped out

She and the baby's dad are engaged, and according to the story they are madly in love and are going to have "the most amazing wedding ever" when Simpson loses enough weight to get into a fab wedding dress. Which allowed her to put in a plug for her upcoming collaboration with Weight Watchers
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    So she named her daughter Maxwell?
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I can sorta see why People bet on it.

For celeb gossip, I prefer US Weekly, and often when I'm having lunch I'll cruise their website - they always list the top 5 stories, and more often than not, the baby/baby bump stories have been in there, including every update on Jessica's pregnancy.

Pregnancies and babies usually sell.

ETA: On usmagazine.com, this is currently the top ranked story - http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...d-child-201266

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    So she named her daughter Maxwell?
    Clearly a huge skating fan and the daughter's actually named after Fleur....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZuXR-mgd2I

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    He isn't on the cover, but ironically he is in the same picture (the complete photo is with the story). He got cropped out
    That's just tacky! If the baby picture if more than just the baby, the father should be included! I guess he isn't famous enough.

vCash
    I have to admire someone with such a mediocre talent to have used said talent as a launching pad to wealth. Props to her creepy but savvy parents. She doesn't care if she makes another album or does another TV show - girl is mad rich and pretty much set for life.

vCash
    +-`+
    +

vCash
    I totally agree, leigh, though I would have phrased it slightly differently.

vCash
    She was in the church youth group & camp with two of my cousin's kids when she was in school. Reports were that she was very nice, fwiw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I have to admire someone with such a mediocre talent to have used said talent as a launching pad to wealth. Props to her creepy but savvy parents. She doesn't care if she makes another album or does another TV show - girl is mad rich and pretty much set for life.
    Exactly...and her superstar status all began with the famous words "is this chicken or fish?" More power to her!

I never understood these magazines paying millions for baby pictures, or the public's obvious desire to see them. I mean, babies look alike for the most part, even those of celebrities.

vCash
    Though I love the joy newborns bring I generally don't find them that interesting even if their parents are celebrities. And maybe especially if their parents are celebrities. Maybe this is a minority opinion though judging from the cover shots of Moms/Dads and babies that we see these days.

vCash
    Say what you will about Beyonce and Jay-Z, but I love the fact that they didn't run to the tabloids to sell pictures of their daughter two days after she popped out. Beyonce posted them (for free) on her Tumblr photo album and made them available to everyone. They could have gotten nearly ten times what Jessica Simpson got if they sold the pictures to People or some other magazine if they wanted to.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Say what you will about Beyonce and Jay-Z, but I love the fact that they didn't run to the tabloids to sell pictures of their daughter two days after she popped out. Beyonce posted them (for free) on her Tumblr photo album and made them available to everyone. They could have gotten nearly ten times what Jessica Simpson got if they sold the pictures to People or some other magazine if they wanted to.
    But Jessica doesn't have their billions - being in the tabloids is part of her business plan, but not part of Beyonce's and JayZ's, who have plenty of other sources of income.

I think in general the celebrity media is more interested in the moms than the babies, or the dads for that matter. There are more stories about baby bumps, maternity fashions, showers and how they lose the weight than the actual babies outside of the initial "first pictures" rush. Interest only picks up later if their parents dress them well - or if their last name is Jolie-Pitt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast