Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    64,000 is about 0.018 % of the population of North America.
    That is not the point. Someone made an absurd statement that NO ONE knows who Lysacek is. Having 64,000+ Twitter followers says otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    That is not the point. Someone made an absurd statement that NO ONE knows who Lysacek is. Having 64,000+ Twitter followers says otherwise.
    They didn't mean it literally, they just mean he's not a household name like Tonya Harding etc. It's just that skaters aren't known as widely anymore because there's either no scandal or no one is dominating for long periods of time.

vCash
    I'm from the US, and I have to say that hardly anyone knows anything about skating. A lot of people I know don't even know Tonya Harding. I'd say that Sasha Cohen is probably very well known, but none of the male skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    You forgot Joannie Rochette. Difference between her & Johnny is that she is an inspiration for skating so soon after such a tragedy. Johnny seems to be more of a sideshow.
    I really don't think the average American knows who Joannie is (by name).

I asked 4 people in my office to name male figure skaters and got Browning, Boitano, and Hamilton (twice). When I asked for a current one 3 said Weir., the other no idea.All thought Kwan was a gold medalist. One thought she was still skating.
    None could name the Canadian ladies skater whose mother died rigbt before the Olympics. Three remembered the story.

Just like in a few months I'll know the names of tons of swimmers, but by December it will probably just be Phelps if I'm called upon to name one.

Quadless
    vCash
    Lochte. Ryan Lochte.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Why are there beautiful buildings on the Red SquarE
    Great comment! Very true!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    ^ Maybe he doesn't actually read that volume of Pushkin he carries around everywhere.

Does anyone really believe he carries it everywhere? I've never seen him skate with it in hand. lmao

WHY AM I GETTING POP-UPS ON FSU SHOWING ME SINGLES IN MY CITY WHO ARE LOOKING FOR A DATE? JESUS!!!!! Any way to stop that?

vCash
    Those who know Tanya and Michelle are a dying breed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Does anyone really believe he carries it everywhere? I've never seen him skate with it in hand. lmao ...
    Maybe if he skates to Selections from Evgeni Onegin he will.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    First of all, lol at anyone that tries to make anything Johnny says literal. It never works that way with Johnny You're just going to end up butthurt trying to puzzle the statement about nobody knowing who Evan is Besides, it's just not a Johnny interview if he doesn't take a swipe at Evan

Thank you for the translation. I don't care if he wins or loses when he comes back, I'm looking forward to it. I watch skating in part to be moved, and entertained, and... well, let's face it, they don't give international gold medals to anyone other than PChids anyway, so I may as well be entertained while watching the battle for silver and bronze

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    It's too bad the Bravo network can't have a reality show called "The Real Divos of US Figure Skating" following the lives of Evan Lysacek, Johnny Weir, Jeremy Abbott, Adam Rippon, Joshua Farris, and Jason Brown. That could boost public interest and ratings I think!
    Yes please!

...oh, were you not serious? I really want a series that follows a skater (or several) around for a season and shows what they REALLY do.

Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    Except that a lot of those you listed don't have diva personalities.
    Maybe that's the point?

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Yes please!

...oh, were you not serious? I really want a series that follows a skater (or several) around for a season and shows what they REALLY do.
    Oh, I would LOVE for it to happen, but the likelihood is not very good I think. If only our aspiring divos could engage in a sex tape that goes viral to a majority of the population, then the idea of a successful US reality tv show could become more of a reality. Maybe we should all start a letter writing campaign to the mucho sexy Andy Cohen; I ain't too proud to beg!

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Very interesting read, thank you so much!

I wonder what kind of music Lady Gaga would pick for skating? It's bound to be either brilliant or
    I was thinking maybe Claire Ferguson and Morry Stillwell can roll a giant egg onto the ice for the men's short program in Sochi for Johnny to emerge from.

vCash
    On a related note... has anyone heard when the second season of "Be Good Johnny Weir" is scheduled to make its debut on the Logo channel?

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    I was thinking maybe Claire Ferguson and Morry Stillwell can roll a giant egg onto the ice for the men's short program in Sochi for Johnny to emerge from.
    It will only work if he emerges from the egg bleeding from his groin area with a stunningly paranoid expression on his face. *wonders how many of the ISU judges would fall out of their chairs*

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    On a related note... has anyone heard when the second season of "Be Good Johnny Weir" is scheduled to make its debut on the Logo channel?
    No, but thank you. Are these re-runs or new shows? I could watch this forever.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Yes please!

Wasn't there already a show like that, years ago, with a bunch of up-and-coming girls? Seems to me it was on Discovery.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    ...dressed in a costume made of meat and strategically placed rhinestones.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    No idea. Whenever Logo is asked, they just go "We will let you know when we know!" I've been wondering if they want to launch alongside the new skating season at this point...

vCash
    Supposingly after RuPaul's show is finished for the season, Johnny's will return.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast