Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 262
  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    After 7-8 months I calmed down enough to watch the skating. I think I should had finished 3rd in Vancouver.


    SM: You once said when you skate you are in the world of your dream and you want to take the viewer there with you. What does that world look like?
    JW: Like the inside of the cloud. It's all sparkling and smells with Chanel n. 5



    Must save this quote.

  2. #62
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,132
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34921
    It's awesome, isn't it? Even if I am not a fan of Chanel No. 5.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^ Yes, he really should write, I'm surprised his book was so boring. I guess he's better at speaking.

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Lochte. Ryan Lochte.
    Couldn't agree more. That guy is hot

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,501
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Weir
    I think I should have finished 3rd in Vancouver.
    Delusional.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava Malamud
    SM: I have an impression all your weirdness is calculated....
    And this sums up Johnny Weir and is also why I dislike him.

    He's a terrible narcissist and his 'weirdness' in contrived in order to provide him a lot of attention (pot > kettle, I know ).

    Having said that, it is true that Weir is the only celebrity amongst the current crop of US skaters. A Z-list celebrity he might be but a celebrity nevertheless and as a number of posters have remarked already in this thread, some people (who know nothing about skating) actually know who he is.

    And love him or hate him, you do talk about him.

    So yeah he might bring attention to skating and that's always a good thing.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 06-07-2012 at 09:49 PM.

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Wasn't there already a show like that, years ago, with a bunch of up-and-coming girls? Seems to me it was on Discovery.
    Yes, though I think I saw it on The Learning Channel in 2006. It followed four US female skaters in the 2005/2006 season, one of whom was Alissa Czisny.

    I would love to see Johnny's show!

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,683
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    8867
    JW: Figure skating is an old sport. Not old, but well, elderly. The traditions are very important and the old people are ruling everything. Those people, by the way, are not interested in the gay athletes, and that's despite the fact in the USA the figure skating has kind of a `gay' reputation. It's just that everyone would rather keep it quiet and not upset the others.
    I decided a long time ago there is nothing more important in life than to be what I am. As a consequence on one hand I didn't have to be in the usual boundaries. On the other hand I realize my results as the athlete suffered.
    Very open and honest interview.
    But not too sure whether the 'old people who rule the sport' like being told they are old , and mothers who send their sons to figure skating like the idea that 'figure skating has gay reputation'.
    Good luck Johnny. Just do what you love to do! Be yourself as you say. There is only ONE AND ONLY ONE JOHNNY WEIR.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 06-07-2012 at 09:38 AM.

  8. #68
    wannabe flower-girl
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Oberstdorf anymore...
    Age
    28
    Posts
    914
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    Yes, though I think I saw it on The Learning Channel in 2006. It followed four US female skaters in the 2005/2006 season, one of whom was Alissa Czisny.
    Also Bebe Liang and Danielle Kahle, but I can't seem to recall the fourth one.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4024
    Sandy Rucker was the fourth girl

  10. #70
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,811
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11922
    When Weir says he should have won bronze, the question is who should have won gold and silver? I wouldn't be surprised if he said Plushenko and Takahashi.

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,019
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    When Weir says he should have won bronze, the question is who should have won gold and silver? I wouldn't be surprised if he said Plushenko and Takahashi.
    That would have been a really good follow up question. And I think you are right. I would say Lysacek and Takahashi, but Johnny probably wouldn't. I think Johnny should have been 4th, or maybe 5th.

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,473
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    21476
    I guess we'll never know what he really thought the results should have been, but my guess is he'd say 1) Plushenko (quad), 2) Lysacek, 3) Weir (because Takahashi fell).

  13. #73
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,811
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11922
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I guess we'll never know what he really thought the results should have been, but my guess is he'd say 1) Plushenko (quad), 2) Lysacek, 3) Weir (because Takahashi fell).
    I can't see Weir putting a clean 8 triple Lysacek above himself with 8 clean triples. I was thinking he would put Takahashi second because of his artistry and the fact that the fall was on a quad. Weir is no fan of Patrick Chan so he's not in the equation. He might have had Lambiel for silver. Lambiel was shaky, but he didn't fall and he attempted two quads.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you for the translation, TAHbKA! Interesting interview!

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    689
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I can't see Weir putting a clean 8 triple Lysacek above himself with 8 clean triples. I was thinking he would put Takahashi second because of his artistry and the fact that the fall was on a quad. Weir is no fan of Patrick Chan so he's not in the equation. He might have had Lambiel for silver. Lambiel was shaky, but he didn't fall and he attempted two quads.
    He wrote about Olympics:

    I did the two best performances of my life, and I still failed to medal. I still haven’t quite come to terms as to why I lost to people who fell, but I am so beyond proud of what I did.
    So I think he would put on the podium neither Takhashi nor Lambiel.

    After such statement I wondered if he ever even tried to understand how COP works.
    Last edited by reut; 06-08-2012 at 10:53 AM.

  16. #76

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Partying with Oda
    Posts
    4,226
    vCash
    1799
    Rep Power
    34903
    My guess is he would have preferred: 1) Plush; 2) Evan; 3) Himself.

    I do think he should have beaten Lambiel and Chan, but not Takahashi.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,469
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I wonder if his marriage will last till Sochi.

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,890
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Anyone who competes should believe that they have a chance to win.
    No one knows who will represent the US in two years.
    Gallant says: I believe I have what it takes to win!
    Goofus says: I'll win because the others all suck.

    But that's so johnny. He's always taken negative attention as better than no attention at all, and he'll say anything outrageous if it will get him press. He's never been polite or nice, that's why he's famous.

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,833
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I found it interesting that he was "shocked" that Evan congratulated him on his marriage. I always kind of got the feeling that Johnny had more of a problem with Evan than Evan had with Johnny.

  20. #80

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4024
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I wonder if his marriage will last till Sochi.
    Interesting comment, what makes you wonder?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •