Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss-n-cry View Post
    Boston 2014 - Is it confirmed that all Senior practices will be held at TD Garden?
    Hi Boston2014, I assume the event schedule is now confirmed, with single-session tickets going on sale Friday.

Will a practice-session schedule be posted soon, with location confirmation?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Boston2014, do you know if Ticketmaster will have the interactive seating map available for the Skating Spectacular tickets where we can select our exact seats?
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnabun View Post
    I noticed that individual tickets go on sale Friday at 11AM. Has anyone seen the pricing for the different levels yet? Since I'm only attending the Senior events, I want to know which route I should go with tickets!
    I'm looking for the same information!

vCash
    I noticed that individual tickets go on sale Friday at 11AM. Has anyone seen the pricing for the different levels yet? Since I'm only attending the Senior events, I want to know which route I should go with tickets!
    I emailed them yesterday about tickets going on sale on Friday at 11am and here is the response I got.

That is not exactly accurate, but an official notice will be going out soon to everyone subscribed to our email notification list, as well as posted on our website, Facebook, and Twitter.

vCash
    Thanks Allisanna!

Flying on a magic carpet over the planet where Disney princesses come from
    vCash
    I'm also hoping for pricing information ahead of time, specifically for the Skating Spectacular. It would be nice to know before Friday what I can budget for. (I just booked my flights because they were cheap, forgetting there might be more tickets to buy ASAP.) Oh well - Boston here we come!

vCash
    I just got my email that tickets are going on sale Friday 11am:

"Single session tickets for the 2014 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships will go on sale Friday September 27, at 11am [EDT] at ticketmaster.com, the TD Garden box office and all Ticketmaster locations. This will also be your first opportunity to purchase tickets for the Smucker's Skating Spectacular.

For more information on the 2014 U.S. Championships, including the Smucker's Skating Spectacular, schedules and a direct link to Ticketmaster, please visit boston2014.com. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SidelineSkater View Post
    Men's FS on Sunday starts at 12:50. Any idea one when it might end...say for those of us wanting to catch a flight out Sunday night...we can estimate a safe time. I'm hoping it's wrapped by 4. Hmm...any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    I don't think so... it's dictated by TV. So the question is what time does the network want the show to end. I think last year they went off the air at 5. So the last skater will be 4:45, 4:50 or so IMHO
    With the previous caveat still in force - the schedule is controlled by U.S. Figure Skating via the Chief Referee so the schedule is subject to change - men are currently scheduled from 12:50 to 4:50 pm on 1/12.

All prices will be listed on Ticketmaster when the event goes on sale. Lower bowl seats range from $25 [BCEC] to $125 [TD Garden] depending on the event. Front row tickets at TD Garden range from $65 to $150, depending on the event. Tickets for the Smucker's Skating Spectacular range from $20 for the upper level to $100 for front row, with the VIP section at $65 and the rest of the loge ranging from $45 - $55.

Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    Hi Boston2014, I assume the event schedule is now confirmed, with single-session tickets going on sale Friday.

Will a practice-session schedule be posted soon, with location confirmation?
    Actually, the complete schedule is not yet confirmed and we do not know when U.S. Figure Skating will release the schedule with all practice sessions included - it could likely be very late in the year. We can tell you a few things, though:

• BCEC practices begin on Saturday 1/4 for all novice events
    • TD Garden practices begin Wednesday 1/8 for TD Garden events
    • Some practice sessions - including senior practices - will be held at The Skating Club of Boston

We realize the last item is a change from our original intention to host all senior events, including practices, at the TD Garden. However, when we originally sketched out the event some 18 month ago, we did no have the benefit of any prior history of hosting a consolidated championships that included the juvenile and intermediate levels (previously hosted separately as "Junior Nationals"). As the referee has fleshed out the schedule, he found that we would not be able to provide participating skaters with their required practice time in their competition venue and still host all senior practices within the TD Garden, so we have had to expand to a third venue for certain practice sessions, our club.

The good news is that with all the "Big Dig" work now completed, it's only 15 minutes from the Seaport district to our Club, so the rink will be very accessible for those of you who want to make the trek out to see those practices. And some practices will of course be held at TD Garden. We don't have the final split yet, but since the competition venue for senior events is TD Garden, all senior competitors will have at least one practice session for each segment of the competition at the TD Garden.

Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Boston2014, do you know if Ticketmaster will have the interactive seating map available for the Skating Spectacular tickets where we can select our exact seats?
    You'll have the same Ticketmaster map that was available for purchasing all-event tickets.

Hope this is helpful.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Thanks for all the information! I assume the spectator shuttle will be an option for us to get to SCOB?

vCash
    Will all senior event warm-ups (the 20-min ones) be at TD Garden? The sched looks a little tight on Thurs and Fri - esp for the SD warm-ups.

It sounds like more than just the senior level events will have practices at SCOB? What about the Juv and Int events? (sched looks pretty packed each day at BCEC)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allisanna View Post
    I emailed them yesterday about tickets going on sale on Friday at 11am and here is the response I got.
    Hmm. I wonder what was so incorrect?! Tickets on sale Friday at 11!

Thanks to the others for some pricing info. After talking with Susan today I've decided to get an all-event package.

For those interested in the bus pass, Susan said an email will go out later this year after details are finalized.

Flying on a magic carpet over the planet where Disney princesses come from
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston2014 View Post
    • BCEC practices begin on Saturday 1/4 for all novice events
    • TD Garden practices begin Wednesday 1/8 for TD Garden events
    • Some practice sessions - including senior practices - will be held at The Skating Club of Boston
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, there are no practices being held in TD Garden on Tuesday? Will there be senior practices that day somewhere (presumably at SCOB)? If the skaters need to be shuttled out there, then hopefully there will be a shuttle for spectators, too. *fingers crossed*

vCash
    I really debated on the purchase of an all event for this but looking at the pricing info she gave it might not have been a bad deal even knowing I can't do a lot of the early in the week events...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    I really debated on the purchase of an all event for this but looking at the pricing info she gave it might not have been a bad deal even knowing I can't do a lot of the early in the week events...
    Ticketmaster will add a fee for each session purchased. Therefore, if you plan to attend several sessions, it may be cheaper to buy the all event ticket even if you do not plan to attend all off the events.

vCash
    What competition schedule change did they make very recently? I've been away and out of the loop.

Thanks for posting the info.

vCash
    Some All Event tickets are still available through the LOC, so you can save on the Ticketmaster fees. The tickets are transferrable if you can't make all the events and I know in the past, Sylvia has tried to coordinate "donated" tickets for the younger competitors families.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I assume the spectator shuttle will be an option for us to get to SCOB?
    Yes. More information on the spectator shuttle routes, including the cost of passes and how to purchase will be released in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Will all senior event warm-ups (the 20-min ones) be at TD Garden? The sched looks a little tight on Thurs and Fri - esp for the SD warm-ups.
    No. Some will be at the BCEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    It sounds like more than just the senior level events will have practices at SCOB? What about the Juv and Int events? (sched looks pretty packed each day at BCEC)
    This is correct. Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice, Junior and Senior events will have practices at The Skating Club of Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-n-cry View Post
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, there are no practices being held in TD Garden on Tuesday? Will there be senior practices that day somewhere (presumably at SCOB)?
    There is nothing being held at the TD Garden until Wednesday morning. There will be Championship Ladies and Championship Pairs practices at The Skating Club of Boston on Tuesday.

Also, we have now posted a PDF of individual ticket prices on our website. The link is on our Tickets page, which also has information about all-event tickets. As pointed out above, if you purchase an all-event ticket through the LOC, you will pay only a single shipping and handling fee of $25 for the entire order and will not be subject to any Ticketmaster fees.

vCash
    Is anyone besides me having trouble ordering tickets on-line? The individual events are on the ticketmaster page, but the "find tickets" button appears to be disabled. Getting through on the phone is impossible.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    Is anyone besides me having trouble ordering tickets on-line? The individual events are on the ticketmaster page, but the "find tickets" button appears to be disabled. Getting through on the phone is impossible.
    I can see the Find Tickets button for all the events. Maybe try a different browser?
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    This might seem silly but did you make sure to select the quantity from the drop-down menu?

I decided to get an all-events ticket...though I'll be up in the Balcony. Can't afford the Club
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast