Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Good, glad you can see the pure genius of my idea. I shall start my "Moon 2016" organizing committee.
    I can't wait to read the complaints about the [space] shuttles.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I can't wait to read the complaints about the [space] shuttles.
    Or the small size of the rooms at the official host base.

Seriously, Boston and the surrounding communities have tons of hotels, and Boston's public transit system (especially the T train) is awesome. I don't think not being able to stay at a host hotel is that much of a tragedy.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Guests will lodge in the moon's craters. Some of the big ones are more than 50 km wide. Even a member of Johnny's Angels could stay in one of those comfortably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post

Seriously, Boston and the surrounding communities have tons of hotels, and Boston's public transit system (especially the T train) is awesome. I don't think not being able to stay at a host hotel is that much of a tragedy.
    Yeah, I am looking at hotels in the area and will try to start booking this winter. Most of them won't book more then 12 or 13 months in advance so.... If the Organizing committee comes up with something better I can always change hotels. (I won't book anything via either method that can't be cancelled... a lot can happen between now and then )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Yeah, I am looking at hotels in the area and will try to start booking this winter. Most of them won't book more then 12 or 13 months in advance so.... If the Organizing committee comes up with something better I can always change hotels. (I won't book anything via either method that can't be cancelled... a lot can happen between now and then )
    Yes, the cancellation policys will be interesting....I have no problem if they are up to one month in advance. I have a problem with events that wont let you cancel at all. Things happen. Buying the tickets is a pretty good sign of good faith intentions.
    Omaha is fair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Yes, the cancellation policys will be interesting....I have no problem if they are up to one month in advance. I have a problem with events that wont let you cancel at all. Things happen. Buying the tickets is a pretty good sign of good faith intentions.
    Omaha is fair.
    you must be smarter then I was. I really had a very hard time figuring out the cancellation policy for Omaha. But I wound up going with the Fairfield Inn at $99 so I can't complain (and it's cancelable until the day of )

vCash
    you must be smarter then I was. I really had a very hard time figuring out the cancellation policy for Omaha. But I wound up going with the Fairfield Inn at $99 so I can't complain (and it's cancelable until the day of )
    They are pretty complex, but I think we can safely say they are more aimed at groups and teams...
    http://usfigureskatinghousing.com/#/...ies/4555826398
    My reservation at the Courtyard says "individual" and the USFSA wont even tell them I exist till two to three weeks out. If you read the policy for the Courtyard, it goes on for ever having to do with slippage and teams of 100...then it says individuals can cancel 72 hours out and not have to pay anything. The last sentance for the Fairfield policy says the exact same thing...no worries. However, if you are bringing along Team Michigan, that's another story!!!!
    (I thought about the Fairfield, and I am sure it is fine...but I thought I would treat myself....and be a bit closer.
    BTW, I just thought I would add that "Destintion Phoenix LLC" in Scottsdale is handling the reservations for the USFSA and Mary Jane Hughes there is the person I worked with. She helped me with the cancellation policies and then when I had to arrive two days later than I thought I could (First Sunday instead of First Friday) she had no problems just changing them to the 20th of Jan, no problem. Nice person to deal with.
    Last edited by CoyoteChris; 10-30-2012 at 03:10 AM.

vCash
    Anyone gotten an email confirmation with seat assignments yet? My card got charged awhile ago but I did not get an email so far....
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    My credit card hasn't been charged yet. I got an email from the LOC last week that said they're still working on sending out the emails.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    My credit card was charged a while ago and I haven't gotten a confirmation, either. I was getting worried but it sounds like others are experiencing the same thing. I guess the LOC is a bit backed up, which is understandable - this is a huge undertaking. Hopefully, the confirmations will come soon.

vCash
    I got an email flash from Boston not to long ago where they said they were behind because it was a one person operation and they didn't realize how long it would take etc.. (Or words to that effect, since I hadn't purchased tickets I didn't pay a lot of attention to the exact wording)

There are pros and cons of not using things like Ticketmaster. Pros it may save you money. Cons are things like the delays. I would think that for most posters on here the 'Savings' were worth the 'cons'

vCash
    There are pros and cons of not using things like Ticketmaster. Pros it may save you money. Cons are things like the delays. I would think that for most posters on here the 'Savings' were worth the 'cons'
    I disagree. There's a huge difference between $25 per order and what we paid for Omaha--something like $95 per All-Event ticket. Personally, I don't care how long it takes them to send out confirmations. In addition, being able to select your precise seats is a big plus. Obviously, things could have gone much faster if all they had done was time-stamp the orders and run the credit cards, leaving seat allocation until sometime late next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acraven View Post
    I disagree. There's a huge difference between $25 per order and what we paid for Omaha--something like $95 per All-Event ticket. Personally, I don't care how long it takes them to send out confirmations. In addition, being able to select your precise seats is a big plus. Obviously, things could have gone much faster if all they had done was time-stamp the orders and run the credit cards, leaving seat allocation until sometime late next year.
    That's basically what I am saying... yes folks you have to wait, but the "benefit" is you are saving a lot of money. If you wanted "instant" ticketing there is a "con" the cost... Pick and choose. (I didn't buy so I don't care but I expected most folks would vote with their pocket book.. it's not like the event happens next week, so time is not a big issue except in terms of "concern" over "did I really get the seat I paid for")

vCash
    My card wasn't charged yet, either. Considering the $ problems I'm having right now with Hurricane Sandy damage, that's a GOOD thing!

vCash
    I got an email flash from Boston not to long ago where they said they were behind because it was a one person operation and they didn't realize how long it would take etc.. (Or words to that effect, since I hadn't purchased tickets I didn't pay a lot of attention to the exact wording)

I talked with Susan the other day and she said she would get to my order in about two weeks. " Rest assured my seat is safe". I am order about 251, IIRC. She said that if there were circumstances, she could bill my card sooner but I told her no, I was just trying to keep my ducks in a row and keep track of planning for Omaha, Little London, SA-whatever, and Boston. Anyone have any feeling for which of the two event hotels is better or worse for any reason? I am guessing they are both fine.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzilla1 View Post
    Anyone gotten an email confirmation with seat assignments yet? My card got charged awhile ago but I did not get an email so far....
    My card was charged almost immediately and I have yet to get a confirmation. I am trying not to be concerned that I paid $800 and have no receipt.

It's certainly unusual to be charged before the item you are paying for is shipped, let alone to not be given a receipt for money paid. If something happens, those who have been charged are without recourse at this point. I am sure all is well, but I wish now I had not paid the credit card. Unfortunately, it became due before things started to look odd, so it is too late to do anything about it through the credit card company.
    Last edited by RobinA; 11-15-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    If you are truly worried about it, contact your credit card and have them investigate. I believe that you may have up to a year to protest a charge, though, depending on your issuer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA View Post
    My card was charged almost immediately and I have yet to get a confirmation. I am trying not to be concerned that I paid $800 and have no receipt.

It's certainly unusual to be charged before the item you are paying for is shipped, let alone to not be given a receipt for money paid...[snip]
    It is standard practice (as in all 30 times that I've made the purchase) to be charged for U. S. Nationals all-event tickets soon after you order, and for the tickets themselves to be mailed shortly before the event takes place. Some years ago, when tickets went on sale about three years in advance, that meant paying more than 2-1/2 years before receiving the tickets, leading to substantial lost interest on money no longer in your bank account (or significant credit card interest charges). Granted, I have usually gotten a receipt shortly after ordering. But again, most LOCs have not consulted with purchasers before assigning all-event seating, which takes a great deal of time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acraven View Post
    It is standard practice (as in all 30 times that I've made the purchase) to be charged for U. S. Nationals all-event tickets soon after you order, and for the tickets themselves to be mailed shortly before the event takes place. Some years ago, when tickets went on sale about three years in advance, that meant paying more than 2-1/2 years before receiving the tickets, leading to substantial lost interest on money no longer in your bank account (or significant credit card interest charges). Granted, I have usually gotten a receipt shortly after ordering. But again, most LOCs have not consulted with purchasers before assigning all-event seating, which takes a great deal of time.
    I know it's standard practice at Nationals, it's still unusual. My concern, though, is with the continued lack of a receipt/acknowledgment for a rather significant amount of money spent. I'm not sure I get the connection between picking seats (which certainly is great) and severals months without a receipt. Hopefully, all will work out.

vCash
    Robin, just contact Susan Withrow, Associate director of the event, by emailing her at info@boston2014.com and ask her if she charged your card for such and such seat. She is a great person and she will send you back an e-mail saying yes indeed she processed your request and that e-mail she sent back to you will be your peace of mind. Right now she is busy doing just about everything as well as processing tickets. I assume we will get "official notifications" when they are batched together. She is comming to Omaha to help with the Boston Booth and I look forward to meeting her as she sure took the time to help me out. You can also PM Boston2014 here but that would be slower.....

Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast