Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

vCash

Arena Policy on Skater Gifts

Some of you have been asking questions about stuffies and flowers for skaters. In response to your questions, we have just updated our FAQs, noting that the ultimate decision will be up to arena security:

May I bring gifts for the skaters?
    Spectators may be permitted to bring in small gifts to throw for the skaters as long as they are acceptable to TD Garden and BCEC security staff. Large plush toys and stuffed animals that would not easily fit in a small bag or purse are a nuisance to other spectators and are not permitted. Fresh flowers are also not permitted as there is no way to control for proper wrapping, no use of staples, etc.

The preceding are general guidelines only; the suitability of any gifts will be ultimately determined by venue security (TD Garden or BCEC, as applicable) in its sole discretion. Accordingly, spectators bringing gifts bear the risk that those gifts may be rejected by security. In addition, all gifts will need to pass through metal detectors or otherwise undergo inspection, so if you are bringing gifts please allow for extra time upon entry.
    So if the item is small and you can fit it in a pocket or your handbag, it should be OK, but no flowers and no large gifts.

vCash
    My husband has a significant amount of medical paraphenalia that he travels with, including his glucose meter and a blood pressure cuff. I'm hoping that a clear plastic tote will be acceptable in Boston, so that I can carry his stuff in with us.

Should we notify the Loc about this beforehand? Will a plastic tote be OK?

Needless to say, he will not be the only diabetic going to Nationals, nor the only handicapped person. I hope that the policy about medical equipment will be spelled out in later mailings, or else listed here.

In any case, Boston2014, thanks for all your answers and help.

Flying on a magic carpet over the planet where Disney princesses come from
    vCash
    Anyone know how cold it usually is inside TD Garden for a skating/hockey event? Budweiser Gardens (2013 Worlds) was absolutely freezing, even in the 13th row. Like another poster here, I plan to wear a blanket in so I can cover my legs with it. I e-mailed customer service to ask what a "normal" size handbag is but I haven't gotten a response, yet. Usually, I carry too much stuff, so at least the policies in effect will give me incentive to lighten my load.

vCash
    I think TD Garden is not as chilly as some other arenas I've been to, but that's only my opinion.

vCash
    Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get a group dinner together for Friday, January 10th. The men's SP starts at 8PM, so I was thinking that 5:45PM would be good. I have a $100 coupon for Filippo's Restaurant, 283 Causeway Street. It's about a 5-10 minute walk to TD Garden. Anyway, private message me by December 10th if you'd like to come. Looking forward to meeting y'all! Sam

vCash
    I may take you up on this! It would be fun to get together between events. I'm going to wait for the final schedule (along side 100th anniversary USFS events) before deciding on things like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sjs5572 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get a group dinner together for Friday, January 10th. The men's SP starts at 8PM, so I was thinking that 5:45PM would be good. I have a $100 coupon for Filippo's Restaurant, 283 Causeway Street. It's about a 5-10 minute walk to TD Garden. Anyway, private message me by December 10th if you'd like to come. Looking forward to meeting y'all! Sam
    This sounds fun! I'll be sure to PM you prior to Dec 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sjs5572 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

This sounds great. I work in Boston but live in Texas, will stay in town to attend Nationals, will look forward to meeting some FSUers. Will PM before Dec 10

vCash
    I was talking to a friend today who pointed out that we have tickets for events we won't be going to (since we'll be arriving on Wednesday).

She wondered if there was a place we could donate the tickets we won't be using.

vCash
    A lot of times Sylvia is able to arrange or coordinate donation of tickets. Maybe you should send her a PM and see if she will be doing it this year.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure we will be organizing a ticket collection effort, to distribute to local charities and schools. Please stay tuned.

vCash
    Much to my dismay my tickets were left on my doorstep while I was on vacation. Thankfully a good friend knew I was worried about that so she went by my house and picked them up for me. I would have been pretty upset if they had been stolen or ruined since I had 4 all event tickets. That's quite a lot of money to be left in my driveway. I'm just glad I have them safe and sound now.

Does anyone know if they will be using the skate radios in Boston? Also will my radio from a previous event still work? I am hoping it will because I really enjoyed having this feature.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mposl View Post
    Does anyone know if they will be using the skate radios in Boston? Also will my radio from a previous event still work? I am hoping it will because I really enjoyed having this feature.
    I don't know for sure but I think they'll have Skate Radio. Your radio should still work. I plan on bringing mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mposl View Post
    Much to my dismay my tickets were left on my doorstep while I was on vacation. Thankfully a good friend knew I was worried about that so she went by my house and picked them up for me. I would have been pretty upset if they had been stolen or ruined since I had 4 all event tickets. That's quite a lot of money to be left in my driveway. I'm just glad I have them safe and sound now.

Remember fresh batteries!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    A lot of times Sylvia is able to arrange or coordinate donation of tickets. Maybe you should send her a PM and see if she will be doing it this year.
    I'm sorry to say that I won't be doing it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston2014 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we will be organizing a ticket collection effort, to distribute to local charities and schools. Please stay tuned.
    Great!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks, I will bring my radio since it doesn't take up much room anyway.

vCash
    I have not received my tickets so far. Should I be worried?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston2014 View Post
    I understand your disappointment, but please understand that its our job to sell as many tickets as possible to make sure there are as many fans in the seats as possible to cheer on our skaters and also so that we don't lose our shirts on the event. This means that we are first seeking to sell all-event tickets. If there is still unsold inventory as we get closer to the event, we will offer individual tickets and may also consider putting together weekend packages if there are enough seats remaining.
    Boston2014, is there any chance that you guys will do weekend packages or are individual session tickets the way to go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ross_hy View Post
    Boston2014, is there any chance that you guys will do weekend packages or are individual session tickets the way to go?
    Not the source, but I was told last year at Nationals that they had no plan for weekend packages. That's the reason I went ahead with the all event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    I have not received my tickets so far. Should I be worried?
    I sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ross_hy View Post
    We are offering all-event packages and individual tickets; we do not have any current plans to offer weekend packages.

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast