Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well, after waiting for the individual even tickets to go on sale, I ended up buying an all event ticket. Wish I had just taken the plunge earlier, but it was hard to decide without knowing the individual ticket prices.

I'm in Loge 21 Row 5 Seat 7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by n*ice mom View Post
    Well, after waiting for the individual even tickets to go on sale, I ended up buying an all event ticket. Wish I had just taken the plunge earlier, but it was hard to decide without knowing the individual ticket prices.

I'm in Loge 21 Row 5 Seat 7.
    The individual prices are on the boston2014.com website. I printed it out yesterday. This is a direct link to their PDF: http://www.boston2014.com/wp-content...27Sept2013.pdf

I'm in 21, too! 4th row and just one seat over! I'm attending all senior events, so after paying fees I saved only $15 with my all-event. I may try to sell or give away the other tickets I'm not using to people who need them.
    Last edited by Synnabun; 09-28-2013 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Added Link

vCash
    For those not familiar with the TD Garden, this clip from a local news outlet will give you a nice idea of the setup and a little preview of the Boston hopefuls, http://www.necn.com/09/26/13/Figurin...5&feedID=11106 .

Also, for those still on the fence about All Event tickets, a reminder that the LOC does still have a small inventory in VIP, Center Loge and End Loge (will save you some money on the Ticketmaster fee's ).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    Noobie mistake: purchasing plane flight before buying tickets. I had no idea the short dance would be that early in the afternoon. Attempt to move to earlier flight will be in excess of $200

So, unless that money drops in my lap, I'm not flying in until Friday afternoon. I read in this thread that there is a means to coordinate transfer of tickets for events Sunday-Thursday? I won't be there, might as well put them to good use
    Watch your plane ticket. It would not be unheard of for a lot of airlines to make a change in flight times. If they do that you can often call and get it changed to a time you like better on Friday

vCash
    I received my tickets today... and just wanted to share my joy. Yay!!!

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Did the people who have received their all event tickets order through the LOC or Ticketmaster? I ordered mine a year ago and haven't received them yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Did the people who have received their all event tickets order through the LOC or Ticketmaster? I ordered mine a year ago and haven't received them yet.
    I ordered my tickets from the LOC. Today, I received an email re: shipment. The tickets will arrive between October 1 - October 20.

vCash
    They are shipping via FedEx between October 1 and October 20, so some tickets may not arrive till a few days after October 20. Still plenty early to avoid the holiday mailing season.

vCash
    My tickets, ordered via the LOC, arrived today!

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Thanks to the above three posters for the info. I'm a dope, I did get an e-mail.
    Last edited by kwanette; 10-04-2013 at 12:57 AM.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    My tickets, ordered via the LOC, arrived today!
    Did the FedEx require a signature? I hope mine come before I leave for Skate America!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    I live in Boston, so this is a big treat. I'm going to rent a nice camera to take good pics

For the men's free skate we will be in Section: LOGE14, Row: 9, Seats: 12-13.

For the exhibition later that day at 7 we have Section: LOGE13 Row: 7 Seats: 17-18.

vCash
    My tickets arrived. No signature required by Fedex.

vCash
    Nothing like getting your tickets in your hands to make the event real. Looking forward to having you all in our lovely town.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwantumleap View Post
    I'm going to rent a nice camera to take good pics
    FYI to everyone - we had an outdated camera policy previously posted on our website. The current policy is up now - please review to make sure your camera conforms.

Now, please get all your friends to tag along so that we can have a full house to cheer on all the skaters.

vCash
    A fellow fan tipped me off to an airfare sale yesterday. I don't know how long it lasts, and I don't know whether airlines other than USAirways and JetBlue are involved. Those were the two with a $172 RT fare between DCA (Washington Reagan National) and BOS (Boston Logan). JetBlue doesn't charge for the first checked bag. Southwest has cheaper fares (and no baggage fees) but the Boston flights depart from BWI, which is much farther from my home.

I was surprised at how few flights there were from DCA to BOS on Friday, January 3, in comparison to my return date of Monday, January 13. For example , USAirways has four non-stop flights on January 3 rather than the usual weekday hourly service, and the cheap fare is only available on the first one, at 7:30 AM. JetBlue also has much less DCA-BOS service on Jan. 3 than on Jan. 13. I also see limited USAirways flights DCA-BOS on Saturday, January 4. Things seem to get back to normal on January 5. I assume many other routes also have reduced flight options on the days right after New Year's.

I suggest that others planning to travel on January 3 or 4 check out the schedule and fares on their preferred airlines. Both of the JetBlue flights I booked were wide open, but with comparatively few daily flights, demand could push fares a lot higher as bookings are made.

vCash
    I was able to get US Airways nonstop from CLT to BOS for $204. That's not bad at all. I would have gone with Southwest or JetBlue, but I didn't like their available times and extremely long layovers. Fares will absolutely go up. I'm willing to bet that flights will be hard find after sectionals/regionals.

vCash
    Boston Logan Airport is definitely the easiest choice, and there are a lot of options from most locations, but if you can't turn up a good fare into Logan, check out flying into Providence, RI (PVD) as an alternative. There's a light rail from PVD to the main Providence train station that takes about 10 minutes, and from there you can pick up either the commuter rail or Amtrak to Boston South Station, which is right by the Seaport District. Depending on which option you take, the trip would take 30 to 50 minutes (Amtrak Acela vs. commuter rail).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston2014 View Post
    FYI to everyone - we had an outdated camera policy previously posted on our website. The current policy is up now - please review to make sure your camera conforms.
    Thanks for that information, Boston2014! I was wondering if you could confirm that my lens conforms with the policy? It's a Canon 70-200mm telephoto zoom lens. It's right at the max of 200mm, but I am unsure about the inches requirement (6 inches or under) http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consum...Specifications

Thanks!

vCash
    Hello Everyone! I'm a long time lurker, but first time poster. I wanted to join in on the fun and let all of you know that I will be attending nationals this year. I'm from Alabama, so it's a pretty big trip for me, but I'm well traveled, so it's no big deal for me. I purchased an all event pass and my seat is in club section 139, row AA, seat 5. I'm also staying at the Chandler Inn Hotel, which is in Boston's south end. Luckily, it's only a five minute walk to an orange line T stop. The orange line should take me straight to the stop for the TD center, so that worked perfectly.

If there are any events, I would love to attend to meet new people and make new friends. I plan to be at many of the senior practices and of course, all of the events! I'm probably the most excited about seeing Davis and White along with Ashley Wagner.

I hope to meet some of you soon. I really looking forward to January!

Richard

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I know that I am a worrier by nature, but I thought originally we were told that a signature would be required for the Fed Ex delivery. I know that people have gotten their tickets who ordered long after I did. I ordered mine the day that they went on sale.

I called Fed Ex, but with no tracking # they couldn't tell me anything.

I'm just nervous that they will be left on my porch and blow away.

Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast