Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'm glad for you. Interesting that some are being charged immediately without confirmation of seat assignments and others aren't. Mine was charged for six all event tickets, or $6000 almost immediately! Since I'm not footing the bill for all, but just mine, I'm not complaining, but I just wonder what the underlying rationale is for this.
    Last edited by sk9tingfan; 11-16-2012 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    Just got my confirmation! I ordered very early and I think was one of the first to be called.

vCash
    I also got my confirmation today, and I also called very early.

vCash
    Susan mentioned in the email she sent out last week that because the LOC is a new organization it is only allowed by the credit card companies to do a limited $$ amount of transactions a day. Apparently this is also impacting when credit cards are charged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA View Post
    I know it's standard practice at Nationals, it's still unusual. My concern, though, is with the continued lack of a receipt/acknowledgment for a rather significant amount of money spent. I'm not sure I get the connection between picking seats (which certainly is great) and severals months without a receipt. Hopefully, all will work out.
    RobinA - We apologize for the delay in sending out confirms but as others commented up thread, it's an entirely manual process. Each confirm must be created individually and personalized, so it's time consuming. Add to that the fact that we are trying to work on many different aspects of the event at once, and voila - we have a backlog. We can certainly understand that it might be uncomfortable to not yet have a written receipt for your purchase, and can only hope that our word would serve as some assurance in the interim. The Skating Club of Boston has been in business for 100 years (we just celebrated our centennial anniversary earlier this year) and we are certainly not in the business of scamming anyone, so please don't worry about the security of your seats and purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Robin, just contact Susan Withrow, Associate director of the event, by emailing her at info@boston2014.com
    Yes - if any of you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    You can also PM Boston2014 here but that would be slower.....

Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    Susan mentioned in the email she sent out last week that because the LOC is a new organization it is only allowed by the credit card companies to do a limited $$ amount of transactions a day. Apparently this is also impacting when credit cards are charged.
    Yes, it's a bit frustrating that we've been in business for 100 years, but because for accounting and audit purposes we have to run everything under the LOC, which of course is new for the event, the credit card company is limiting how much we can charge each day. Of course, this is all for "your protection," as they love to tell us, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

Well, thanks again for your patience and interest in the event. And please do plan to stop by our booth at Omaha so that we can say hello in person and help you plan your trips.

vCash
    ^ Susan, thank you SO much for keeping us "in the loop!"

vCash
    We really appreciate your updates. I dont think any of us can really appreciate how much work and stress goes into putting on an event of this size. The last promoter I talked to went bald!!!!!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    ^ Susan, thank you SO much for keeping us "in the loop!"
    I believe Boston2014 is someone other than Susan, so thank you for your updates and for your patience with us fans, oh nameless one!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

(And yes, I'm not Susan - I'm just a member of the LOC.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston2014 View Post

(And yes, I'm not Susan - I'm just a member of the LOC.)
    Any idea when the official hotels will be open for reservations?

vCash
    The hotels will not take reservations more than a year out, so early January.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston2014 View Post
    The hotels will not take reservations more than a year out, so early January.
    Are you getting any other hotels? The ones in the website now are not where I would want to stay. I much prefer downtown to the "waterfront" we seem to be stressing now.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Are you getting any other hotels? The ones in the website now are not where I would want to stay. I much prefer downtown to the "waterfront" we seem to be stressing now.
    There's a Hilton in the Financial District listed.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    There's a Hilton in the Financial District listed.
    Wow...yes, it just appeared out of thin air...no announcement from Boston 2014? Will have to check it out and
    make sure it is on the official shuttle route.

vCash
    I just received tickets for a Christmas gift. I have never been to Boston and know nothing about where to stay. Is it usually best to stay at one of the official hotels and try to use the shuttle for transportation?
    Last edited by mposl; 12-25-2012 at 11:19 PM.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mposl View Post
    I just received tickets for a Christmas gift. I have never been to Boston and know nothing about where to stay. Is it usually best to stay at one of the official hotels and try to use the shuttle for transportation?
    I like staying at the official hotels because I like being in the thick of the action and feeling like I'm part of the event. Also, the official hotels will probably have some of the best rates available since they're special rates for the event. Boston is a fantastic city. What a great gift!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mposl View Post
    Boston is extremely well served by public transit. So long as your hotel is on the T, you're good. Ideally, it'd be in walking distance of a T stop. Ideally, it'd be at a T stop that's fairly close to the venue where you plan to see the most skating, so you don't have to spend much time on the trains.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Do the trains run after midnight? If not, are taxis easy to find in the arena area after midnight?

vCash
    The T does not run very late. I don't know about taxis, though.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    You can download a copy of the "T" schedule with all of the lines from this page under "Subway PDF Schedule" (to the right):

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_ma...asp?route=BLUE

"Late night service" begins at 8pm. Except for the Silver Line from the airport and one of the Red Line branches (on the Cambridge side), each line runs every 10-18 minutes after 8pm, and the last trips begin between 12:10am and 1:05am, depending on the day and line.

I don't remember any event I've attended on the East Cost lasting much past 11pm, medal ceremonies included, but maybe people who've attended them in Atlanta and Greensboro could say what the schedule was like. (West Coast events tend to start early to accommodate the meager TV coverage there is.)
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast