Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1068
  1. #321

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    164
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Ticket confirms and credit card charges

    For everyone who has submitted an order for all-event tickets - we are still working on sending out all the email confirms and putting all the credit card charges through. We expect to complete everything this week, but in the meantime, please be assured that if you have spoken with Susan, we have your order, your tickets are reserved and your card will be charged shortly.

    Thanks.

  2. #322

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,547
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    655
    Thank you again Boston2014 for keeping us informed.

    Do you have an ETA for the hotel reservations?

  3. #323
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,266
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16342
    Bump up for this question:
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA View Post
    Has anyone gotten a confirmation of their ticket purchase? It has been several weeks and I have gotten nothing. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have paid the credit card bill.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  4. #324

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    5,779
    vCash
    470
    Rep Power
    3403
    The charge is on my bill, but I never received the email confirmation either. My order was processed on the 2nd.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

  5. #325

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    164
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Purchase Confirmations

    I am looking into this, but please rest assured that even if you haven't received an email confirm yet, if you've spoken with Susan, your order is safe. I'll find out what the holdup with the email confirms is.

  6. #326

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    164
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Update: Confirms should start going out next week. Because each confirm will be personalized with your individual seat selection and this will require a manual effort, it will take us a little while to work our way through all orders. Until then, please know that your seats are secure and thanks again for your patience.

  7. #327
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    351
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I have to say I am very impressed with Boston2014. Returning from SA Kent, I decided that I would try Boston. I got ahold of Susan and in no time I had a list of available isle seats in the VIP section. In less than 12 hours I went from "unsure about going" to Isle seat, second row. I also like the fact that you will be providing for a fee a shuttle between the main event hotels and both venues for VIPers (Vipers?). She told me some other things I dont feel at liberty to talk about but they are very positive things . I am impressed. It is so nice for a fan to be treated like a valued person instead of a necessary evil. Thank you for your hard work. It is refreshing to see event organizers who have a handle on things this far in advance, unlike another event comming up that will remain nameless.

  8. #328

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,969
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1891
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    I also like the fact that you will be providing for a fee a shuttle between the main event hotels and both venues for VIPers (Vipers?).
    I assume that the shuttle will be for all ticketholders (or at least the All-Event ticketholders), not just those who purchased the VIP seats? Yes, I agree, the Boston LOC has been great so far!

  9. #329
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    351
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    I assume that the shuttle will be for all ticketholders (or at least the All-Event ticketholders), not just those who purchased the VIP seats? Yes, I agree, the Boston LOC has been great so far!
    This following quote is from the official web site, FAQ-Transportation:
    "As an additional service for interested all-event ticket holders who reserve a room at one of the official hotels, the local organizing committee will offer a private shuttle bus system between the official hotels and the event venues for an additional fee. The fee will be based on demand and the cost of the service. More information about shuttle service (including pricing, schedule and how to purchase a shuttle pass) will be provided in the fall of 2013 when we know more about spectator interest. To minimize the cost of a shuttle pass and over crowding on the buses, the system will be limited to spectators purchasing all-event tickets and staying at one of the official hotels."
    I dont look for this pass to be cheep, but not knowing Boston's Mass transportation system and having some bad experiences in other cities, I am going the shuttle route. If you feel comfortable with using mass transportation, I would look into that on the web and you might save yourself some bucks....the safety record of Boston's system is probably very high and you will be with many other fans. Your personal risk at even 11 pm probably will be nill. I just got unlucky once.

  10. #330
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,631
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1432
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    This following quote is from the official web site, FAQ-Transportation:
    "As an additional service for interested all-event ticket holders who reserve a room at one of the official hotels, the local organizing committee will offer a private shuttle bus system between the official hotels and the event venues for an additional fee. The fee will be based on demand and the cost of the service. More information about shuttle service (including pricing, schedule and how to purchase a shuttle pass) will be provided in the fall of 2013 when we know more about spectator interest. To minimize the cost of a shuttle pass and over crowding on the buses, the system will be limited to spectators purchasing all-event tickets and staying at one of the official hotels."
    I dont look for this pass to be cheep, but not knowing Boston's Mass transportation system and having some bad experiences in other cities, I am going the shuttle route. If you feel comfortable with using mass transportation, I would look into that on the web and you might save yourself some bucks....the safety record of Boston's system is probably very high and you will be with many other fans. Your personal risk at even 11 pm probably will be nill. I just got unlucky once.
    Boston's "T" is awesome and super convenient but unfortunately the official hotels aren't close to any of the rail stations, so I'll be opting for the shuttle.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

  11. #331
    KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    youtu.be/WIlPbe8n3fo
    Posts
    13,269
    vCash
    110913
    Rep Power
    41171
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Boston's "T" is awesome and super convenient but unfortunately the official hotels aren't close to any of the rail stations
    Actually, they're directly above the Silver Line stations.

  12. #332
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,631
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1432
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    Actually, they're directly above the Silver Line stations.
    Are there trains on the Silver line now? I thought it was just buses.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

  13. #333
    KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    youtu.be/WIlPbe8n3fo
    Posts
    13,269
    vCash
    110913
    Rep Power
    41171
    Is there a problem with riding buses as opposed to trains, even if the bus functions as a de facto train line?

    They're special, dedicated buses that run as a train line. Underneath the official WTC/Seaport area hotels, the Silver Line is an underground tunnel that's even newer, nicer, and more secure (lots of video cameras) than a typical Boston subway station; the only difference is that buses run in it, not trains. At the World Trade Center station (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_T...(MBTA_station)), for example, you enter the station through turnstiles like you would for a train, pay the train fare (a few cents more expensive than the normal bus fare), descend into the station underneath, board the bus, and then it takes you to South Station (1-2 stops down, or a 5 minute walk away), where you connect directly onto Red Line trains (one direct flight of stairs).

    The Silver Line then emerges above ground to drive from downtown, through the third harbor tunnel, and directly to the door of each airline terminal at Logan. Currently, the Silver Line is free if you jump on it at the airport heading into downtown. Once it gets downtown (a 10 minute trip), it dives back into the dedicated tunnel that runs underneath the official hotels (as mentioned above). Although the free offer may not last until 2014, there is plenty of room for baggage on the Silver Line cars, and at about $2 it beats a $15-20 taxi from the airport.

    I've done this many times and it is perfectly safe with many solo travelers (female included) using it as an easy way to get to the Seaport/WTC area, and to get to/from the airport faster than the Blue Line.
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 10-26-2012 at 09:40 PM.

  14. #334
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Are there trains on the Silver line now? I thought it was just buses.
    The Silver line are buses that go above or underground. It just depends on the area. From the World Trade Center to South Station (where you would switch over) it's all underground.

  15. #335
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,631
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1432
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    Is there a problem with riding buses as opposed to trains, even if the bus functions as a de facto train line?

    They're special, dedicated buses that run as a train line. Underneath the official WTC/Seaport area hotels, the Silver Line is an underground tunnel that's even newer, nicer, and more secure (lots of video cameras) than a typical Boston subway station; the only difference is that buses run in it, not trains. At the World Trade Center station (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_T...(MBTA_station)), for example, you enter the station through turnstiles like you would for a train, pay the train fare (a few cents more expensive than the normal bus fare), descend into the station underneath, board the bus, and then it takes you to South Station (1-2 stops down, or a 5 minute walk away), where you connect directly onto Red Line trains (one direct flight of stairs).

    The Silver Line then emerges above ground to drive from downtown, through the third harbor tunnel, and directly to the door of each airline terminal at Logan. Currently, the Silver Line is free if you jump on it at the airport heading into downtown. Once it gets downtown (a 10 minute trip), it dives back into the dedicated tunnel that runs underneath the official hotels (as mentioned above). Although the free offer may not last until 2014, there is plenty of room for baggage on the Silver Line cars, and at about $2 it beats a $15-20 taxi from the airport.

    I've done this many times and it is perfectly safe with many solo travelers (female included) using it as an easy way to get to the Seaport/WTC area, and to get to/from the airport faster than the Blue Line.
    I didn't know the buses went underground. I was just thinking that standing out in the weather waiting for a bus might not be fun if it's freezing cold/snowing. To get to the arena, we'd have to transfer at Park Street from the Red line to the Green line, right?
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

  16. #336
    KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    youtu.be/WIlPbe8n3fo
    Posts
    13,269
    vCash
    110913
    Rep Power
    41171
    Or transfer from Red Line at Downtown Crossing to the Orange Line, either way.

    Depending on which hotel you're staying at, there could even be a direct entryway into the nearest Silver Line station that would keep you 100% sheltered at all times.

    Assuming you board at World Trade Center station, the steps would be:

    1) Take Silver Line towards South Station (or just walk 5 minutes to South Station; equivalent to waiting 5-10 minutes at WTC station)
    2) Transfer at South Station to the Red Line in the Alewife direction
    3a) Take Red Line to Downtown Crossing, transfer onto Orange Line in the Oak Grove direction
    3b) Or take Red Line to Park Street, transfer onto Green Line in the E - Lechmere or C - North Station (but not B-/D- Government Center) direction
    4) Get off either Orange Line or Green Line at North Station, which is directly underneath TD Garden
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 10-26-2012 at 10:20 PM.

  17. #337
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,022
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    Is there a problem with riding buses as opposed to trains, even if the bus functions as a de facto train line?
    Perhaps my letter to USFSA below will solve the complaints we hear annually about venue locations.

    “Dear US Figure Skating Association,

    Every year, I enjoy Nationals and appreciate the efforts of the staff and volunteers that put their time and energies into making it the highlight of my year. Everything you do is great, and I don't want you to change anything.

    But I was wondering if you could change everything to make it super-great for me. Could we have Nationals on the freakin’ moon? Hear me out. I know it sounds crazy, because it is. But what if it wasn't crazy, which isn't an option because it so totally is.

    We could make going compulsory, for every skating fan. Since there are 7 billion people on the planet, we could wrangle up about 70 million people into attending. I propose a military coup. They still do that, right?

    Instead of flying in a panel of judges to the moon, one skating fan in the audience will be chosen at random to judge all the events for all days. Because this is very hard, the judge would also be forcibly given large doses of crystal meth to stay awake. This would cut costs. Don’t worry; your girl Nicole Bobek will supply the crank.

    Also, instead of concessions and hospitality, we’ll have inhospitality where there would be no food, and anyone who complained would be shot dead and served as the next meal. Kinda like soylent green, except with a horrifying new take on it. At least no snooty people will be offended by skating fans eating--gasp!-- hamburgers!

    In order to fund the initial rocket ride, I say that the leadership of USFSA organize a coup de grace in a poorer country and force those people into slavery. I know that proposing slavery is a little retro, but it's totally cool. Is anyone using Guam right now? That might be a good place!

    Hope to hear from you regarding my ideas,

    Heckles"

    What do you think? Did I miss anything?

  18. #338

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,266
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Just think how HIGH the jumps will be in zero gravity!

    However, looking at the official hotels for this event has me scratching my head. Guess I will be trying to book 12 months out. I would prefer something more downtown then they are offering.
    Last edited by Carolla5501; 10-26-2012 at 10:44 PM.

  19. #339
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    351
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    However, looking at the official hotels for this event has me scratching my head. Guess I will be trying to book 12 months out. I would prefer something more downtown then they are offering.
    Sometimes, the number of official event hotels goes up! (Wink wink, nod nod, say no more.......
    Now the following is just me talkin' . Think about it. We have three official hotels that have agreed to allow a $159 stay fee, knowing they will have lots of folks staying there. One is saved for skaters and
    families, etc. Can the other two take up the slack for everyone else? Will other hotels in the area smell blood (money) in the water and agree to the low stay fee? What would you do if you were a hotel manager?
    You sign up for the low rate and you instantly become a stop on the official shuttle route, giving you a big jump over your competition for the overflow. I predict there will indeed be an overflow from the existing official hotels.
    There is lots of pent up demand on the upper east coast, this will by an Oly season, and Boston isnt that far from lots of folks with bucks. Spokane 2010 had a good attendance and it didnt even have the junior nats
    associated with it. I predict there will be other hotels signing up for official status before the dust has cleared.
    BTW, I LOVE those MT instructions!!!! I dont think I could do that sober...
    1) Take Silver Line towards South Station (or just walk 5 minutes to South Station; equivalent to waiting 5-10 minutes at WTC station)
    2) Transfer at South Station to the Red Line in the Alewife direction
    3a) Take Red Line to Downtown Crossing, transfer onto Orange Line in the Oak Grove direction
    3b) Or take Red Line to Park Street, transfer onto Green Line in the E - Lechmere or C - North Station (but not B-/D- Government Center) direction
    4) Get off either Orange Line or Green Line at North Station, which is directly underneath TD Garden

  20. #340
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,022
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Just think how HIGH the jumps will be in zero gravity!
    Good, glad you can see the pure genius of my idea. I shall start my "Moon 2016" organizing committee.

Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •