Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash

vCash
    Thanks for posting. It looks like on Monday, we will fill out an order form with just our contact info, and then someone will call us to actually order our specific seats. Do you know what the timeframe is for calling people back? I know it says in the order received, but when will you start making calls? What times of the day will the calls be made?

FYI, some of us are observing a religious holiday Tuesday night and Wednesday.

vCash
    Pricing seems reasonable given the fact Boston is a relatively expensive city and this is the major US qualifying event for the Olympic Games. I like that the exhibition tickets are sold separately. If I do end up purchasing an all-event ticket package, I won't be stuck paying for something I have little interest in watching.

I guess the tentative schedule isn't available yet. Any estimates on when it might be posted? One little comment... I don't see the dates of the competition listed anywhere on the website. I believe it runs from the 1st weekend of January to the 2nd weekend of January, but I couldn't find anywhere on the website that confirms the dates of the event.

Otherwise, thanks for keeping us updated! I'm certainly tempted... especially since Boston is the one major East Coast city I've yet to visit.
    Last edited by Aaron W; 09-21-2012 at 07:28 PM.

vCash
    Dates are January 5-12. But in order to see that, you have to click on the News link to see the press release. It would be ideal to have the dates on the top banner next to the logo. Or at least on the home page. (my professional (marketing) persona speaking )

Briber of judges
    vCash
    I'm very glad it is not a split schedule. I'm not sure if the dates (1/4 - 1/12) will be good for me being able to get away from work though.

for hotel rates that are better than what I anticipated though.

ETA: Here is the tentative schedule

Saturday, January 4, 2014
    Practice

Sunday, January 5, 2014
    Novice Ladies Short Program
    Novice Men Short Program
    Novice Pairs Short Program
    Novice Dance Compulsory Dance

Monday, January 6, 2014
    Novice Ladies Free Skate
    Novice Men Free Skate
    Novice Pairs Free Skate
    Novice Dance Free Dance

Tuesday, January 7, 2014
    Junior Men Short Program
    Junior Dance Short Dance

Wednesday, January 8, 2014
    Junior Ladies Short Program
    Junior Pairs Short Program

Thursday, January 9, 2014
    Juvenile Girls Free Skate
    Juvenile Boys Free skate
    Juvenile Pairs Free Skate
    Juvenile Dance Pattern Dance
    Junior Men Free Skate
    Junior Dance Free Dance
    Championship Ladies Short Program
    Championship Pairs Short Program

Friday, January 10, 2014
    Juvenile Dance Free Dance
    Intermediate Ladies Short Program
    Intermediate Men Short Program
    Intermediate Pairs Short Program
    Intermediate Dance Pattern Dance
    Junior Ladies Free skate
    Junior Pairs Free Skate
    Championship Men Short Program
    Championship Dance Short Dance

Saturday, January 11, 2014
    Intermediate Ladies Free skate
    Intermediate Men Free Skate
    Intermediate Pairs Free skate
    Intermediate Dance Free Dance
    Championship Pairs Free Skate
    Championship Dance Free Dance
    Championship Ladies Free Skate

Sunday, January 12, 2014
    Championship Men Free Skate
    Smucker’s Skating Spectacular
    Last edited by peibeck; 09-21-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I knew you guys would keep us on our toes.

The preliminary schedule is now up, as peibeck posted.

We've added the dates to the home page (thanks for that suggestion - it was definitely a moment for us).

And I'm told the order form will have a spot to indicate the best times to reach you for seat selections.

As a suggestion, if you're worried about missing the call back and losing out on your preferred seat, use the notes / comments section on the order form to indicate your general seating preference. Keeping in mind that your top choice might not be available, it would be best to offer a couple of choices.

Thanks for all the feedback and questions so far.
    Last edited by Boston2014; 09-21-2012 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    I'm just grateful that they're not splitting the senior disciplines' finals into two weekends, like they did before the 2010 Olys. BRAVO!

moving right along
    vCash
    This typo in the pre-sale start date sort of freaked me out:

Pre-Sale Purchase

All-event tickets for the 2014 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships will be available for sale on a limited, pre-sale-only basis, beginning September 4, 2012.

moving right along
    vCash
    Is there any chance that you can set up a hyperlink on the Ticket page seating diagram that would open the seating diagram at full size? It would help with planning where to sit and what prices apply to various sections. Thanks!

p.s. The site looks great. Nice work, Boston2014. xoxo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    Is there any chance that you can set up a hyperlink on the Ticket page seating diagram that would open the seating diagram at full size? It would help with planning where to sit and what prices apply to various sections. Thanks!

It would be helpful if the picture itself was hyperlinked but, for now, if you scroll down a bit there is a link to view or save the full size one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    It would be helpful if the picture itself was hyperlinked but, for now, if you scroll down a bit there is a link to view or save the full size one.
    Doesn't load in Firefox. TD Garden has a nice seat finder app here. Click on the Bruins/Hockey/Ice Shows image.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    This typo in the pre-sale start date sort of freaked me out:

Pre-Sale Purchase

All-event tickets for the 2014 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships will be available for sale on a limited, pre-sale-only basis, beginning September 4, 2012.
    Oops. We'll get that fixed ASAP but our webmistress may not be available over the weekend so Monday at the latest.

We'll try to do that. In the meantime.....

Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    ....for now, if you scroll down a bit there is a link to view or save the full size one.
    Yes. Look slightly further down under 'Pre-Sale Purchase.'

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Doesn't load in Firefox. TD Garden has a nice seat finder app here. Click on the Bruins/Hockey/Ice Shows image.
    I'm in Firefox and it works for me. But here is a direct link to our custom seat map that includes blackout zones:

The Seating Map

Thank you. We're trying our best, so please keep your comments coming so that we can continue to make improvements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston2014 View Post
    And I'm told the order form will have a spot to indicate the best times to reach you for seat selections.

As a suggestion, if you're worried about missing the call back and losing out on your preferred seat, use the notes / comments section on the order form to indicate your general seating preference. Keeping in mind that your top choice might not be available, it would be best to offer a couple of choices.
    Thanks. Do you have any idea when they will start making calls? So if we submit an order on Monday, can we expect a call the next day, or next week, or next month? Or....?

vCash
    It's a difficult question to answer because the timing of call backs will depend in part on the volume of orders we receive. We plan to start call backs immediately, but if we are inundated with a flood of orders right out of the gate, it will take us a while to work through them all.

I'm sorry to not have a more definitive answer for you at this time, but we should have a better idea of the timing on Monday once we see how many orders come in.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    The link to the seating map doesn't work for me.

Thanks for all of the information.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston2014 View Post
    I knew you guys would keep us on our toes.
    Who, us?
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    I will be attending, but will be buying single event tix, as usual. I look forward to when those go on sale!
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    No weekend package for this?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    Usually the goal, I assume, is to try and sell as many all-event ticket packages first and then decisions will be made later about other packages, etc.

I like the proactive approach with fans, Boston2014!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    The link to the seating map doesn't work for me.
    I'm not sure why. We updated the site so that the mini seat map is now also a link to the larger map, and the original link provided is still there as well. Do you have java enabled? If you use a script blocker like NoScript, you'll need to set it to allow the site (at least temporarily).

Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Usually the goal, I assume, is to try and sell as many all-event ticket packages first and then decisions will be made later about other packages, etc.
    Sylvia is correct. We are currently offering only all event tickets, and any seats not sold as part of an all event ticket will be offered as individual tickets at a later date. It's possible that we may offer a weekend package if there are sufficient tickets left unsold, but based on preliminary inquiries, we anticipate a strong demand for all event tickets and therefore do not have any plans to offer a weekend package at this time.

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast