Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Briber of judges
    vCash

Official FSU Prediction Contest - 2014 US National Figure Skating Championships

Please read before posting! Welcome to the third event in the Nationals prediction contest!

I will not post the detailed rules again but they can be found here. We will, as always, be using the prediction contest website.

You may enter predictions until the Pairs SP starts Thursday, January 9th at 4:15pm local time in Boston, Massachusetts. (4:15 pm US ET, which is the server time for the website). If you are in the system entering predictions before that time and that time passes, you will not be able to enter your predictions. You can also change your predictions at any time before the deadline.

Remember, if someone withdraws from the competition, we will remove them from the system and all of your predictions will move up by one. So be sure to predict 5 or 6 places in each discipline in case of withdrawals.

Remember to please register for the prediction contest with your FSU user name. If you lose your password, please PM Choupette and she will reset it for you.

Predictions posted in this thread will not be scored unless the server for the prediction website goes down and you will not have time to make/change your predictions before the start of the competition. In that case, please note the situation in your post. You may feel free to post your predictions in this thread after making them on the website for the purpose of discussion or to talk about predictions in this thread. But only predictions made on the website will be scored.

Remember, we have an alert email feature so you can be emailed before the start of a competition. To add an email alert, scroll to the "Subscribe to reminder list" box and select the number of days before a competition that you would like to be reminded. Then enter your email address and click submit. This email will ONLY be used to email you reminders . You don't have to worry about spam or anything else.

You can see the results at any time during the competition (they will be updated after the SPs [if we have time to update them] even though only the final results will count) by choosing "2014 National Championships" from the Standings drop down menu. The lowest score will not be dropped in this contest. We will also post the results in the thread so that everyone can discus and congratulate each other.

If you notice an errors/have any problems, please feel free to post in the thread but a PM to me or peibeck is easiest for us to try to correct/solve them.

HAVE FUN!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    There is so much bomb potential in the Mens we should evacuate the building.

ETA: Ladies too.
    Last edited by Doggygirl; 01-02-2014 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
    There is so much bomb potential in the Mens we should evacuate the building.

ETA: Ladies too.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    When I stick with my initial predictions, I usually do well.

It's when I go in and start fiddling around, second guessing and changing my predictions that I screw up.

vCash
    I always vacillate between who I WANT to do well and who might, in fact, do well. And yes, the bombing potential makes my predictions very guessy indeed.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post

It's when I go in and start fiddling around, second guessing and changing my predictions that I screw up.
    It's hard not to be swayed by practice reports as well. Sometimes those kill me, unless I happen to be at a comp and can make my own evaluation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post

AMEN!!

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    My predictions always end up off because I am afraid of jinxing those I want to see win - so I put the ones I don't want to win in first, etc.

No it's not logical, but then I'm the one person who still follows along with the safety demonstration on airplanes because I'm afraid if I don't take out the card and read it, the plane will crash.

You know, it's a wonder I ever manage to leave my house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    My predictions always end up off because I am afraid of jinxing those I want to see win - so I put the ones I don't want to win in first, etc.

No it's not logical, but then I'm the one person who still follows along with the safety demonstration on airplanes because I'm afraid if I don't take out the card and read it, the plane will crash.

OMG this sounds like me!!

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Don't forget to try your hand at the Canadian Nationals prediction contest as well!

The bronze spot in pairs never turns out how I expect, and there are about 4-5 teams I can see vying for the bronze and pewter medals at US Nationals.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    oh man, this is going to be brutal, especially the men's comp. So many scenarios...
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Simpson/Blackmer are no longer on the entry list (not sure if injury/split or what has happened), so I have removed them. Sorry, I didn't notice that before.

vCash
    I can't even begin to predict ladies after the first 2 spots.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    but then I'm the one person who still follows along with the safety demonstration on airplanes because I'm afraid if I don't take out the card and read it, the plane will crash.
    OMG, you're not the only one! When I read this I just had to respond. I've been flying on planes all my life and my superstition is that if I read the safety information card, the plane won't crash. Every time.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Bumping up! Still time to get your predictions in!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Well, I managed to remember this time to make my predictions for both US Nationals and the Canadian Nationals. The prediction reminder e-mails are a big help. I would definitely forget without them.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    Well, I managed to remember this time to make my predictions for both US Nationals and the Canadian Nationals. The prediction reminder e-mails are a big help. I would definitely forget without them.
    Europeans is now up too!!!

Anyone know if a 4CC thread will be started? 4CC is usually included in the ISU Championships/Olympics predictions.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thank you! I definitely want to do predictions for Euros.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash

You too, huh? I ought to know better, but just attempting to make predictions for this is turning me into a bundle of nerves! If I put my favorites at the top, I'm afraid I'll jinx them, and if I DON'T, I'm afraid I've jinxed them anyway!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I'm participating for the first time in a long while. My picks are a combination of who I expect will win like Meryl and Charlie and likely contenders. They may or may not reflect who I want to win. Like the other posters, I don't like to jinx them..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast