Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I don't expect realism from this show at all, so the above is the most egregious error of all

ITA with your analysis of cast chemistry!
    Oh, just to clarify, yes, that is the biggest issue I have with the couple overall And because they're so boring I find it actually kind of offensive that the tweens are so in love with them as a couple

I mean, when has Aria been interesting? Answer: When her plotline has nothing to do with Ezra. She was cute when she was trying to set her mother on dates. She was funny when she was playing at the arcade with that one boy who had the heart condition, or when she went to see him fight. She was interesting when she was trying to be Vivian Darkbloom. She was interesting when she and Spencer were breaking into the office of that hotel. She was interesting when she suddenly had to fly a plane and was like OH HOLY CRAP.

Ezra was involved in 0 of those stories.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I like Aria/Ezra . I find Emily to be the blandest of the girls. I thought she was most interesting with the blond girl.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Hanna and Spencer have, to me, always been clearly the two most interesting of the girls, but starting some time last season Emily started getting angry and occasionally acting more Spencer-like than Emily-like, while she's always been the nicest, loyalist, most polite person in the world, which I really admire about her. Sometime around there I thought she surpassed Aria and Aria became the most boring character. I couldn't list Aria's personality traits if I tried. Her whole personality seems to be based around precocious hipster with little nuance.

vCash
    http://ca.eonline.com/news/331583/ad...y-little-liars

Adam Lambert to Guest Star on PLL. Two of my favorite things are combining in a very odd way.

vCash
    Yep, he will fit right in with a Halloween show.
    I see him as Dracula.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Hanna and Spencer have, to me, always been clearly the two most interesting of the girls, but starting some time last season Emily started getting angry and occasionally acting more Spencer-like than Emily-like, while she's always been the nicest, loyalist, most polite person in the world, which I really admire about her. Sometime around there I thought she surpassed Aria and Aria became the most boring character. I couldn't list Aria's personality traits if I tried. Her whole personality seems to be based around precocious hipster with little nuance.
    I couldn't agree mroe. Aria's only interesting when she has nothing to do with Ezra.

My favorite out of the couples are Spencer and Toby; though I do love Hanna and Caleb as well.

I'm really liking how this season is going.

vCash
    Pastor Ted's certainly getting around But I vastly prefer coffee shop guy anyway. And Ella's freaking awesome. I LOLed when she said, "Why am I asking you? You wear spoons for earrings." Actually, all conversations between Ella and Aria were hilarious this episode. And this, case in point, was an episode where Aria actually did stuff and thus was actually interesting.

I don't like the tension between Toby and Spencer because I don't think it makes any sense to keep Toby in the dark about anything. He's been through hell already and no one else in the world can understand what the girls are going through the way he can. IMO, Spencer should be totally honest with him at all times. And on a somewhat related note, Troian Bellisario really does have freaky chemistry with everyone on the show. Every time she and Jason have a scene together I have to remind myself constantly that they're siblings. I don't know why Lucy Hale gets all the outside-of-PLL roles. Nothing against Hale, who is a fine actress, but Troian's amazing.

Super excited to have Caleb back next episode! And also, the backstory with Hanna seeing Ali and the story with Ali's parents was awful. I could totally see it happening, and I can see why they would blame her even though it totally wasn't her fault. I couldn't help but wonder though - why on earth did the police come after Hanna specifically for a blood sample? I mean, it's not like they could look at the blood on the anklet and say, oh, hey, this looks like Hanna Marin's blood! Why would they single her out for that when Spencer's always looked so much more guilty? Or did they get a blood sample from Spencer a while ago and I forgot about it?

Also, not a fan of Ali!copycat (what was her name, Cece? Or something irritating like that?). She pales in comparison to the real Alison significantly and while I also was intrigued with the fatalism of Ali's destructive behavior, this girl just seemed like a bitch.

vCash
    Holly Marie Combs' hair is still as shiny as it was in its Charmed days

I'm going to be really upset if they break up Spencer and Toby. I agree they've got great chemistry and that Bellisario really shines with anyone in the show!

I didn't like PseudoAli either. But I am excited to see Caleb back next week.

vCash
    Troian is by far the best actress of the 4 girls (although they all do just fine), it's a shame she hasn't been in more. Maybe she doesn't want to be, I'm sure her dad could have hooked her up with all kinds of roles if she wanted.

I seriously love Aria when her main parts are with Ella instead of Ezra. "Oh nothing, my mom's just a slut...go to bed"

This was definitely one of the creepier episodes. I jumped when that flash of Allison showed up, and that hospital is just all kinds of freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater
    I couldn't help but wonder though - why on earth did the police come after Hanna specifically for a blood sample? I mean, it's not like they could look at the blood on the anklet and say, oh, hey, this looks like Hanna Marin's blood!
    I wonder if Allison's dad had anything to do with it.

vCash
    I don't like the tension between Toby and Spencer because I don't think it makes any sense to keep Toby in the dark about anything. He's been through hell already and no one else in the world can understand what the girls are going through the way he can. IMO, Spencer should be totally honest with him at all times.
    Plus it's irritating and redundant for the tension between Spencer and Toby to be exactly the same as the tension between Hannah and Caleb.

And on a somewhat related note, Troian Bellisario really does have freaky chemistry with everyone on the show. Every time she and Jason have a scene together I have to remind myself constantly that they're siblings.
    ABC family shows have a casting problem (or maybe a directly problem?) where people who are family members often seem to end up having freaky chemistry.

vCash
    Pretty Little Liars is one creepy little show. I don't ever want to see a doll again. Ever. EVER. I also need to not watch right before I go to bed. *shudder*
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I did the Warner Bros studio tour this week and got to see some of the PLL sets and costumes. The costumes from the masked ball were on display, and it was fun to see just how tiny Aria's costume was compared to Melissa's Black Swan (height-wise). Their waists must both be size 00.

The lake where Hannah and Lucas were in the canoe is actually a small lagoon.

vCash
    Emily and Paige! Gorgeous scene by the pool, too.

Seeing Caleb again made me realize how much I've missed his character. I hope they keep him around.

vCash
    I agree with both of those so much. Yay Paige! I really like her.

Ezra's mom is completely one-dimensional, which is a let down from this show, really. I mean, how many times has that plot been done? Though I liked that he took no bullshit from her and didn't let it go any further, and Aria actually thought through what his mother said (all of which was TOTALLY TRUE even if she was a bitch). Since both of those things subvert the cliche a little bit, I guess I'll give it a pass. But geez, I wish Aria and Ezra ever had to deal with anything that actually happens to people in real life.

Spencer's chemistry with Caleb was ridiculous. I don't think they necessarily meant for it to play that way, it just did.

Meanwhile, Hannah kissing Wren felt really forced. It didn't work at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheTassel View Post
    Emily and Paige! Gorgeous scene by the pool, too.

Seeing Caleb again made me realize how much I've missed his character. I hope they keep him around.
    Cheering was my exact reaction to Emily and Page. Finally a girlfriend I actually like! Now lets ditch the Maia story line.

I definitely missed Caleb's character. Also it reminded me that he is .

I agree, Michiruwater, the Wren/Hannah kiss was a total fail. Clearly they should have gone "obviously not" after shooting it but I'm guessing they are planning on having A use it against Hannah.

Why was Nole trying to get Aria to say who her boyfriend was? They went to Jenna's party together so obviously it isn't a secret any more.

Thank GOD Caleb finally knows. It's insane to keep things from him. She loves him, so he'd be in danger whether he knew or not and whether she was with him or not.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post

Why was Nole trying to get Aria to say who her boyfriend was? They went to Jenna's party together so obviously it isn't a secret any more.
    From the way he was wording the questions, I think he was trying to get her to admit that Ezra was her boyfriend while he was their teacher.

vCash
    It was his way of saying, "your boyfriend is a pedophile and your relationship is totally sketchy and gross."

So... point to Noel.

vCash
    Why can't the writers have Emily go more than two episodes without relationship issues?

I'm ready for the Maia plot to die. Not a fan of this cousin either. I think the reason Emily has always been my least favorite because I never like the characters involved in her storyline, with the exception of Paige.

I did like how she was a total BAMF when she was trapped in Noel's cabin with Hanna.

vCash
    I have just finished watching all 3 season in record time thru Netflix and OnDemand and I am officially hooked.

I have been trying to figure out what Aria sees in Ezra. The two of them just don't seem to fit for me. I can't put my finger on it.

Wren is even creepier than Noel. It's hard to believe that he's a doctor. And he's got a fickle heart. It seems like in just minutes he went from Melissa to Spencer to Hanna. And he's too old for these girls (except for Melissa) Yuck.

Toby.....please come back! Where are you???

I like the fact that Emily has relationship issues, just like everyone else. At first, I didn't like her much because I thought she might have been a bit weak/frail (emotionally) but now she's showing strength and insight and I love that.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    I like that Emily has realistic relationship problems, but I wish they didn't happen every other episode. They've had Aria, Spencer, and Hanna all be with someone for half a season or longer, but Emily is constantly switching between Maia, Samara, Paige, and now Maia's cousin.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast