Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash

The Voice S2 thread 2

carry on!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Apparently, Xtina has started a war with former Mouseys over Tony Lucca. Justin Timberlake tweeted that he's supporting Tony which was the reason she commented that not only was Tony one-dimensional, but he shouldn't go through based on celebrity support. We sooooooooo need Brit to team up with Xtina and have a real fight with Tony/Justin. The battle of the Mouseys! Wouldn't that be a good battle round.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    juliet is # 24 on itunes
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Juliet killed it and Jamar was surprisingly good. Looks like CeeLo has some contenders.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I don't think there was anything surprising about Jamar being good, but I find his personality more off-putting than Charlotte Sometimes. Gave him a few votes, but that was all I could manage.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I don't think there was anything surprising about Jamar being good, but I find his personality more off-putting than Charlotte Sometimes. Gave him a few votes, but that was all I could manage.
    I feel the same way but I gave him no votes. He'll go thru without me. Juliet sounded good and she acted ok last night but I didn't like what she had to say in the battle rounds. I didn't like her song even though it was good for her. I found it unpleasant.

The person I enjoyed the most (singer AND song) was Katrina (her demeanor is adorable), followed by Tony V.
    Last edited by taf2002; 04-10-2012 at 03:24 PM.

vCash
    Juliet:

Jamar:

The rest to

Tony Luca: It was brutal, but ITA with Xtina ... he is so one-note ... looks and sounds like he's pushing out a hard poo every performance. And, I've been shocked at Internet types thinking he's got a good chance for the finals. WTH?

Christina: Was actually spot-on all night long, giving fitting feedback on problems (all helpful except for her words to Luca), and then getting concurring words/agreement from their coaches.

Cee-Lo's and Adam's song selection for some of the singers. Esp. horrible for Pip and Tony Vincent. That TfF song is all chorus, isn't it?

Musical arrangements continue to be uneven ... rock songs in particular need to have the band turned down a bit.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 04-10-2012 at 03:35 PM.

vCash
    finally watched Juliet's performance - WOW I did not love her in the audition or battle rounds, but that was phenomenal. And aside from the one fringed sleeve, she looked fab too

Oh, and I forgot from last night - nice dig from Cee-Lo to Erin about the Twitverse saying the brothers should have won the battle round. ITA, but....ouch

musical arrangements - I'm just baffled at how slavishly they are following the original songs. It means the singers have to work even harder to perform in a way that doesn't seem like karaoke.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Interesting iTunes rankings, this week. Last week it gave us a good indication of who would advance, but -- in the case of Charlotte being pipped by Jermaine and Erin -- it also showed that the public vote can overcome a ~80 iTunes ranking lead.

OTOH, those not charting did not get the audience save, nor the coaches' saves. Bad news: There are five singers who haven't charted, this week (vs. two last week). Good news: Opposed to last week, at least one sales failure must advance tonight. I hope that it's the right one.

The iTunes rankings from 10 AM today ...

Spoiler

Last edited by Beefcake; 04-10-2012 at 04:24 PM.

vCash
    aw, there are two who didn't chart that I'd like to see advance

vCash
    My Rankings...

Team Adam. I didn't really love anyone on his team this week...

1) Katrina
    2) Pip
    3) Kim
    4) Tony
    5) Mathai
    6) Karla

As long as Karla goes home, I don't really care who else goes.

Team Cee Lo, which had the very best and very worst of the week.

1) Juliet. By a million freaking miles.
    2) Jamar
    3) Tony
    4) James
    5) Chessa
    6) Erin. WTF was that?! I'd rather watch Raelynn over and over than endure that again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    6) Erin. WTF was that?! I'd rather watch Raelynn over and over than endure that again.
    Actually I would too.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    My bottom 4 were Karla/Pip and Erin/Cheesa. Didn't like the Mousketeer either.

Fave: Juliet by a mile. Then Jamar, Kim.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    My Rankings...
    Even without seeing all the performance I agree with your rankings

vCash
    Tonight's show opens with Jesse J performing "Domino" accompanied by Team Xtina. Cute, I guess.

vCash
    Team Adam America Saves: Mathai! Tony! Pip!

Katrina, Kim, and Karla to sing for their lives!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Interesting iTunes rankings, this week. Last week it gave us a good indication of who would advance, but -- in the case of Charlotte being pipped by Jermaine and Erin -- it also showed that the public vote can overcome a ~80 iTunes ranking lead.
    I think the ITunes ranking is a good indicator only if the contestant is high in the rankings. Once you get lower, there's not a huge difference in the number of downloads between rankings that look much bigger. So, you can overcome that fairly easily with the other kinds of votes. Especially if the singer is likely to appeal to the type of voters who don't use ITunes, the difference easily can be overcome. I think we saw that with Erin last week. I wouldn't be surprised to see that with someone comparable on Adam's team. (ETA: Or not. )

I am going to be very annoyed if Erin is saved. I'll be annoyed if James is saved, too, but I don't think CeeLo will have that chance because of fangirls voting for him.

vCash
    Team CeeLo America Saves: Juliet! Jamar! James!

Erin, Tony, and Cheesa to sing for save.

I hope he saves Tony, but I'm not optimistic.

vCash
    I think Xtina's comments about Tony Lucca backfired.

Bummer that James got through, but I realized that was going to happen. I have to admit, though, that I am constantly baffled by the boys who are beloved by tweens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I think Xtina's comments about Tony Lucca backfired.

Bummer that James got through, but I realized that was going to happen. I have to admit, though, that I am constantly baffled by the boys who are beloved by tweens.
    Maybe this is exactly what Xtina intended? I was baffled by her treatment of him last night. She was almost dismissive. She seemed to take even Erin more seriously.

I wish CeeLo's Tony had been voted safe instead of James. Then I'd be OK no matter who left.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast