Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash

Literature about figure skating in France?

This semester I have to do a little oral exam in French and we are free to choose whatever we want as long as the topic has something to do with "the representation of the Other in the francophone environment" (in French: "La représentation de l’autre dans l’espace francophone") so I decided to do some research on the French perception of Marina Anissina and whether they consider her to be "their" champion.
    The only problem is that I need special literature or other reliable sources and can't find anything in our library.

Does anybody know where to get stuff like that? I really don't need much, just a few sources to justify my arguments.

Thanks in advance!
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Maybe you can use articles in the French press (L'Equipe notably) on Marina Anissina. They way they wrote about Marina etc. You probably could contact L'Equipe and get some of their feature articles on Marina and Gwendal from the time they were competing.

Main Offender
    vCash
    Thanks for the advice, I'll probably do that
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Perhaps Patinage magazine as well?

There are also lots of other non-French skaters teamed up with French skaters in pairs and ice dancing, though have achieved less success. I was watching some of the interviews of the teams on the FFSG Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/sportsdeglace/videos) that all three had one skater who was not French - Vanessa James, Daria Popova, Lloyd Jones.

vCash
    Marina actually wrote a book that's available in french. I haven't read it but I believe it's about her life and mentionned feeling lonely at the beginning when she could not speak french.

A few links online when you might be able to find a few facts :
    Biography on Cygnuskate
    Article from La Depeche about A/P's win in 2000
    Article on Regard Est about eastern european in France (they mention Marina)
    Libération
    And a video from 1993 that doesn't have much relevance with your theme but made me feel so old!

Main Offender
    vCash
    Wow, thank you so much!
    I don't think I can get the book in time, it's supposed to be just a little presentation with a little conversation with the examiners, nothing special. I think if I make use of articles and a book about integration through sports in France we have in our library it will be enough

Bruce Lee

vCash
    No problem! I am in college and I always find a way to mention S/S during my German oral exams

vCash
    For a little you may want to try this http://www.amazon.fr/Bris-glace-Les-...8987540&sr=8-1

vCash
    Isabell et Paul Duchesnay: Notre passion. Paris:Robert Laffont , 1992
    Hagnauer, Jeanine: Le patinage sur glace. Paris: Editions Mondieales, 1968
    http://www.patinage-mag.com/Le-patin...tous-ses-etats
    Last edited by care bear; 06-06-2012 at 06:18 PM.