Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jeans Whine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyfan View Post
    I cannot wear jeans or any other kind of trousers with stretch. I know they're supposed to be more comfortable, figure-flattering, etc., but for me they're just the opposite. I have several well-fitting pairs of capris I purchased a couple of years ago and would love to replace them or have more in different colors to wear in the summer since I just don't wear shorts in public any more. I have searched stores and the internet til I'm blue in the face, and the brand and styles that worked so well for me are all made with Lycra now. It's very discouraging.
    Have you tried Anne Taylor? They still do nice fabric cropped pants. I actually like the way they look v. long casual fabric pants - which I think make women look stodgey or manish. "Chinos" and a polo are what all the guys in my office wear. Now for dressy fabric, like crepe or wool, then I like longer cuts since those in the short version remind me of English school boys circa 1912.
    Figure skating is hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Have you tried Anne Taylor? They still do nice fabric cropped pants. I actually like the way they look v. long casual fabric pants - which I think make women look stodgey or manish. "Chinos" and a polo are what all the guys in my office wear. Now for dressy fabric, like crepe or wool, then I like longer cuts since those in the short version remind me of English school boys circa 1912.
    Thanks for the tip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    Did anyone see the new TLC show last night called Big Brooklyn Style? The owner of Lee Lee's Valise is a plus size designer, and her latest venture is trying to figure out what features women hate/want in their jeans and make them herself. I believe future shows will show what she comes up with. She has a good grasp of what looks flattering on curvy women.
    Watched the show and liked it very much.
    She was supportive, not condescending and fun,
    Just the opposite of the experience that larger women usually have when shopping.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234