View Poll Results: Are you a fan of Starwars or Startrek?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starwars

21 19.81%
  • Startrek

42 39.62%
  • Both

31 29.25%
  • Neither

12 11.32%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Ole Patrick Stewart as Piccard made being a bald male extremely sexy-before it became popular!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Is it just me, or do the men's presenter uniforms for the 2012 Olympic look very Star Trek?

(I wasn't a fan of the 2010 presenter uniforms ... but they were haute couture compared to these!)

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    I loved the Star Trek remake from a couple of years ago if that counts.

Otherwise, I voted for other. The Alien Box Set is my favourite sci-fi series.

vCash
    This is hard for me. I've never seen the original Star Trek (YET. I hasten to add YET!), but I adored the movie re-make that came out in 2009 (thus the YET). Right now I'm working on Battlestar Galactica, but Star Trek is next on my list.

I was 9 or 10 when Episode 1 came out, so naturally I FREAKING LOVED IT. I was a little older when Episode 2 came out, and by then I recognized absolute shit when I saw it. Episode 3 was a slight improvement on Episode 2 but that's not saying much. However, the little 10-year-old in me has an appreciation for the prequel trilogy that the adult me pretends doesn't exist. The adult me, naturally, absolutely floves the original Star Wars trilogy.

I ended up voting just for Star Wars in the end but really none of the options felt entirely correct to me.

vCash
    Regarding the Star Wars movies - some friends told me about the "Machete Order" which is this: IV, V, II, III, VI

It leaves out Episode I entirely, because according to the author, "...George Lucas has done everyone a favor by making the content of Episode I completely irrelevant to the rest of the series. Seriously, think about it for a minute. Name as many things as you can that happen in Episode I and actually help flesh out the story in any subsequent episode. I can only think of one thing, which I’ll mention later.

More here:
    http://static.nomachetejuggling.com/machete_order.html

Brilliant!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Regarding the Star Wars movies - some friends told me about the "Machete Order" which is this: IV, V, II, III, VI

It leaves out Episode I entirely, because according to the author, "...George Lucas has done everyone a favor by making the content of Episode I completely irrelevant to the rest of the series. Seriously, think about it for a minute. Name as many things as you can that happen in Episode I and actually help flesh out the story in any subsequent episode. I can only think of one thing, which I’ll mention later.
    Hmm, interesting. I'll agree that I can't think of any content I'd miss from The Phantom Menace. I would, however, miss Qui-Gon Jinn / Liam Neeson.

vCash
    I like them both about the same, but this thread reminds me of the movie Fanboys, although we are more civilized at FSU

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123