Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Miss USA

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Do you think she would have blown the whistle in the (unlikely) event she would have won?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanj07 View Post
    I don't know if Sheena's claims are true or not, but she certainly was never a favorite to win Miss USA. I frequently read the pageant boards as well and PA wasn't a favorite on any of them. Four of the top 5 (RI, OH, NV, GA) were the big favorites along with Michigan and Texas.

While most didn't have Maryland in their Top 5, they knew it was a possibility due to her height and presentation skills.

NONE of the information that I had pre-pageant had Ohio or Nevada as favorites. It was Texas all the way with New Mexico and Mississippi along for the ride. Many were touting Miss GA, MD, and SD as well. I still say Ohio had something on Trump. She was soooo not pageant girl. She was more like Real Housewives of Toledo. But anyway...
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Do you think she would have blown the whistle in the (unlikely) event she would have won?
    No.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    I still say Ohio had something on Trump. She was soooo not pageant girl. She was more like Real Housewives of Toledo. But anyway...
    May be Ohio was an undercover FBI agent.

To be honest I think that Penn is SO not pageant girl either, even less so than Ohio.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    May be Ohio was an undercover FBI agent.

To be honest I think that Penn is SO not pageant girl either, even less so than Ohio.
    I think Miss PA was more suited to the Miss World system than Miss Universe. Miss Ohio is IMO more suited for the Mrs. USA system.

I am still pissed that Miss Oklahoma -- who was NOT one of my favorites-- was cut after evening gown. That was one of the most dramatic transformations that I have seen in a long time, and I personally thought that she should have won that portion of the competition.

What really sucks is... if Valerie Compeggie becomes Miss Pennsylvania, she will not be eligible to compete for the 2013 PA crown, and she is a favorite to win it. Being a state titleholder and not being able to compete in Miss USA is a huge disappointment.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Who won the evening gown? Don't tell me it was "the school bus" Miss Ohio. I thought NV had too much bling, very Vegasy but not very Miss USA. It's a shame because she is beautiful.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    NONE of the information that I had pre-pageant had Ohio or Nevada as favorites. It was Texas all the way with New Mexico and Mississippi along for the ride. Many were touting Miss GA, MD, and SD as well. I still say Ohio had something on Trump. She was soooo not pageant girl. She was more like Real Housewives of Toledo. But anyway...
    New Mexico? Mississippi? Really? I don't look at oddsmakers, I go by reading several pageant forums and discussion boards. I know that New Mexico was on some people's lists after prelims, but I never saw ANYTHING about Mississippi. Georgia I knew was in the favorites of a lot of people as well as MD because of her experience.

I saw a lot of people who loved Ohio for whatever reason, I never saw the fuss about her, but she was on more people's lists than not. Nevada that I saw, was a favorite, but she really shot up after she gave one of the best prelim performances on the night. RI, TX, OH, NV, GA, CA, MD, MI were favorites that I saw. This was a really competitive year where there were so many girls who could have one on any given day, not like last year where Alyssa was the overwhelming favorite to win.

PA never really did have a chance though, I didn't see her on most people's lists and I'm still attributing it to sour grapes.

I'm loving Rhode Island and that purple gown though. Hope she wears something equally as regal at MU.
    Kyle

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    I think Trump has an excellent shot of winning his lawsuit.
    I would think nothing short of Miss Pennsylvania recanting what she said in a very public way - standing next to Trump, tearful, perhaps - would satisfy him.

Trump calling into GMA this a.m. - Who winds him up at 7 a.m.? Sheesh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SolwKGDibQ

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Very successful people generally sleep very little. I've heard that Bill Clinton sleeps something like 3-4 hours a night.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I am still pissed that Miss Oklahoma -- who was NOT one of my favorites-- was cut after evening gown. That was one of the most dramatic transformations that I have seen in a long time, and I personally thought that she should have won that portion of the competition.
    I agree! That was an amazing dress - and she looked fabulous in it.
    She had the perfect "look", hair, makeup, etc. Just stunning.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Miss Pennsylvania was interviewed this a.m. on the Today Show. She won't recant, she knows what Miss Florida told her about the final five. (She could tell Miss Florida was telling the truth, and not joking as Miss Florida now claims, from her "body language.") She's received some sort of legal documentation from Trump, but hasn't decided how to proceed.

She spoke well, very calmly.

vCash
    Every year, trump has some "controversy" that makes the news, with his pageants. One year, it was a rumor that one of the contestants in Miss Universe was a man. Then, one winner gained too much weight. Then a transgender contestant.
    It sounds like he's either lost control, or he's using it to generate publicity for himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    or he's using it to generate publicity for himself.
    Not our Donald?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Miss Pennsylvania was interviewed this a.m. on the Today Show. She won't recant, she knows what Miss Florida told her about the final five. (She could tell Miss Florida was telling the truth, and not joking as Miss Florida now claims, from her "body language.") She's received some sort of legal documentation from Trump, but hasn't decided how to proceed.

She spoke well, very calmly.
    Miss Florida is the Russian girl who IMO didn't belong in the pageant, just like Miss Penn.

from Speedy Death

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789