Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss USA

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Not the best answers.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I liked Rhode Island's answer the best but Ohio did pretty good and Georgia was great too.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Good job Ohio - when asked to name a movie that shows women in a good light picks one where a prostitute changes her life by marrying a rich guy.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I thought Nevada did ok, it was a pretty insulting question, and she handled it well enough.
    I know. What was she supposed to say? "We're all stupid?"

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    What the heck was Ohio talking about?
    She was asked if she thought women were portrayed accurately in movies and said that it depended on the movie because sometimes they're shown in a good light and other times they're not. She gave Pretty Woman as her movie example. Maybe you have to be from the same state to follow her, LOL

Hoping for Rhode Island to win simply because her question was the toughest and she nailed it.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Good job Ohio - when asked to name a movie that shows women in a good light picks one where a prostitute changes her life by marrying a rich guy.
    Really? Not even Erin Brokovich?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    If I'm going on final question alone

4th Runner Up - Nevada
    3rd Runner Up - Maryland
    2nd Runner Up - Ohio
    1st Runner Up - Georgia
    Miss USA 2012 - Rhode Island

Rhode Island really handled a difficult question beautifully. Asshats in the crowd booing the question was classless.

If Nevada does win I'll be ok with it because she's a stunner, but Georgia and Rhode Island really did have the best answers
    Kyle

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Well, Vivien did leave the rich guy and intend to go back to school and do something else with her life other than prostitution. He's the one who came back for her so that's not entirely her fault. I bet it was the first movie that popped into her head so she just went with it (I couldn't think of one and I was sitting here thinking about it while she answered), LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    She was asked if she thought women were portrayed accurately in movies and said that it depended on the movie because sometimes they're shown in a good light and other times they're not. She gave Pretty Woman as her movie example. Maybe you have to be from the same state to follow her, LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Well, Vivien did leave the rich guy and intend to go back to school and do something else with her life other than prostitution. He's the one who came back for her so that's not entirely her fault. I bet it was the first movie that popped into her head so she just went with it (I couldn't think if one and I was sitting here thinking about it while she answered), LOL
    I guess I missed the part where they asked for a specific example, so her trotting out Pretty Woman of all things just seemed incredibly random to me.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Given Miss USA's recent experience at the Miss Universe pageant, they should pick the one best able to walk down stairs without falling.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I loved Rhode Island dancing there when Akon was with them.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Somebody has blown a lot of smoke up Miss Maryland's tuchus.

Miss Rhode Island had a look of panic for 1/2 a second and then got it.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    I guess I missed the part where they asked for a specific example, so her trotting out Pretty Woman of all things just seemed incredibly random to me.
    Yeah, Marilu asked at the very end of her question for a specific example and to be honest, that part would have thrown me off a little too. We can always think of something when we're not standing in front of an auditorium of people with millions more watching on TV, LOL

I think it's going to be Rhode Island. I won't be bummed out if Ohio pulls off the win but I'm impressed with RI's composure and by her answering a tough question so well.

vCash
    Really???

Dern I missed the questions! Ever since the Miss Teen SC's geographically challenged answer years ago, it's my fav. part.

What was RI's question?

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    The reigning Miss USA doesn't even get to wear her crown as she says goodbye?! That's kind of sad.

vCash
    Miss USA 2011: "Thank you for making me feel like a real queen."

Oh honey, AMEN to that!

vCash
    Hope the question nailed it for RI.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Oh honey, AMEN to that!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Oh honey, AMEN to that!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast