vCash

Rogers Sportsnet - Open Water Swimming Menm, Friday August 10, 2012 (Canada)

Hi All,

Another request:

So Canada won a bronze medal this morning in Open Water Swimming and I had absolutely no idea this was going to happen. I had no idea this guy was a contender...

Did any Canadian FSUer happen to record the race in it's entirety on Rogers Sportsnet this morning? if you all did? Please let me know ASAP! Thank You!
    Last edited by kylet3; 08-10-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Kyle

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    showing on main CTV network right now

vCash
    In it's entirety though? hightly doubtful I think

ETA THank You though.
    Last edited by kylet3; 08-11-2012 at 02:24 AM.
    Kyle

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    In it's entirety though? hightly doubtful I think

ETA THank You though.
    Not sure they would ever show it in its entirety .. 10k of bobbing heads and flailing arms might not bring in the highest ratings!

vCash
    Probably not but what they did show was just pathetic 3 minutes of a two hour race?

Does ANYONE know where I can find someone who recorded the event in full? I'm getting desperate here

ETA - I know Sportsnet showed it in full this morning.
    Kyle

vCash
    Just Bumping this up..

I am really sorry but is there anyone out there who can help me? I don't care now if the race was aired in Tunisa, Britian, the USA, or Canada, I just need physical coverage of the race.

I know most people won't understand why I'm so insistent on this, but there are many personal reasons. One is that I have all Canadian medal performances dating back to 2002 and this is the ONLY one that I'm missing thus far.

This really would honestly make my year, there are so many personal reasons behind it.

I don't care if it's a BBC feed, Asian Feed, American Feed, Canadian Feed, I just need the race in its entirety.

I'm willing to pay $1000 Canadian Dollars for anyone who can find me a copy of this race. This really means so very much to me.

Thanks all.

Kyle
    Kyle

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Kyle, can you find any forums dedicated to Open Water Swimming or swimming in general? They might be more likely to have focused on the event and recorded it. Good luck, I hope you find it.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    There are torrents forums that actually had many coverage of the olympics

I know about some russian torrent forum that actually has this race, though it would have to be downloaded, not that you will have a copy on tape or so

vCash
    OOPS Double Post!
    Last edited by kylet3; 08-12-2012 at 04:10 AM.
    Kyle

vCash
    That'sfine! Braulio! I don't care if I have to download torrents! Can you direct me to where I can find this pretty please? I can convert the file then put it on DVD from my computer! Please let me know where I can find this race? Torrents are absolutely fine for me too! Do you know if there is a BBC Torrent of the race out there at all? If you can do this for me you'd make my YEAR!
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Kyle, can you find any forums dedicated to Open Water Swimming or swimming in general? They might be more likely to have focused on the event and recorded it. Good luck, I hope you find it.
    I've posted on just about every major swim forum and such that I can think of, believe me. I'm downloading a torrent for BBC One day 14 coverage to see if it's on there, but Braulio, again if you can find another torrent that you know has this race I could just kiss you! lol You really have no idea what this means to me
    Kyle

vCash
    Kyle, I posted this in the CTV thread as well.... why don't you try contacting CTV or Sportsnet directly? They may be willing to help you out.

vCash
    I'm going to in the morning and see what they say
    Kyle

vCash
    kylet3 check your inbox, I send you the instructions so you could download the coverage via torrent, I guess you are familiar then with this kind of downloading