Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think there are many US Junior Ladies coming up that will surpass Vanessa soon. I'd like to see Leah Keiser, Angela Wang or Polina Edmunds get a shot this season on the JGP this season. I'm not sure about Ashley either it was baffling last season when they gave her a second JGP event after her poor showing in the first one. I hope they don't that again this year.

vCash
    Have you seen the video of Vanessa at Hidden Valley? She landed seven triples in that performance and she's improved nearly every aspect of her skating. I wouldn't count her out. In fact, I think she will challenge Radionova for gold in France.

vCash
    I don't know. The calling on her rotations was certainly generous. I think she can certainly medal, though.

vCash
    Are her jumps still tiny?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Are her jumps still tiny?
    Yes, they are on the smaller side. But it's the other aspects of her skating, the spins, the steps, the choreography, the interpretation, that have improved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOIsKDe-Xo

vCash
    to see McNamara/Carpenter on the JGP! I can't wait to see their programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I think these were good and fair selections.

Although Ashley Cain's inconsistency makes me nervous, she did have a good free skate at Liberty. Wishing her and Vanessa the best in France!
    Ashley Cain placed 2nd in junior at nationals, pretty impressive!

What jumps did she attempt/land at Liberty?

vCash
    [QUOTE=Jammers;3627917] I'd like to see Leah Keiser, Angela Wang or Polina Edmunds get a shot this season on the JGP this season. QUOTE]

I'd like to see all three of them get a shot for a JGP this season. Is this possible?!

vCash
    I hope Sam Cesario gets an assignment or two!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Ashley Cain placed 2nd in junior at nationals, pretty impressive!

What jumps did she attempt/land at Liberty?
    Some quotes from the IN Liberty article:

U.S. junior silver medalist Ashley Cain put grace and femininity on display in her "Ave Maria" free, combining Scott Brown's intricate and inspired choreography with six triples, including a double Axel-loop-triple Salchow sequence.

She placed second with 97.33 points.

"The way I started doing that sequence is, one day we weren't allowed to do toe jumps because the ice was really bad," Cain said. "I tried a double Axel-loop-double Salchow, and it was really easy, so I tried double Axel, triple Salchow. Those are two of my favorite jumps."

If the 16-year-old Texan has her way, more technical firepower will be added.

"I've been practicing triple Salchow-triple toe, triple toe-triple toe, triple loop-triple flip and triple flip-triple toe, so I'm going to get one of those under my belt this season," she said. "I definitely want to add a triple-triple, probably flip-toe, to the short program, and a triple-triple and second Lutz or flip to the free."

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I hope Sam Cesario gets an assignment or two!
    I hope so too! I'm confident she will.

vCash
    Have you seen the video of Vanessa at Hidden Valley? She landed seven triples in that performance and she's improved nearly every aspect of her skating. I wouldn't count her out. In fact, I think she will challenge Radionova for gold in France.
    You mean six Vanessa doesn't do the sal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    That was my guess too. If that's correct these should be the skaters for JGP USA? Polina Edmunds, Courtney Hicks, Angela Wang, Joshua Farris, Kevin Shum, David Wang, Alexandra Aldridge & Daniel Eaton, Madeline Heritage & Nathaniel Fast, Elliana Pogrebinsky & Ross Gudis.
    I think that Kiri Baga (S10) might be in there in Edmunds' place. Since she was 10th at nationals I can't see her not getting a JGP and she wasn't listed as a sub for France, unlike Jiang and Keiser who finished behind her at nationals.

I really do hope Polina does get a JGP, though, preferably one earlier enough to allow for a possible second assignment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I think that Kiri Baga (S10) might be in there in Edmunds' place. Since she was 10th at nationals I can't see her not getting a JGP and she wasn't listed as a sub for France, unlike Jiang and Keiser who finished behind her at nationals.

I really do hope Polina does get a JGP, though, preferably one earlier enough to allow for a possible second assignment.

that's so clever, deducing who will be at JGP#2 from absence on the sub list for JGP 1!

but let's increase the level of difficulty slightly--without seeing the sub list for JGP#2, who does everyone think will be at JGP #2 and #3?

i'm certain cesario and edmunds will get their assignments.

here are some more 2012 liberty cesario videos from a different angle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDbuqAJbSPc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bi-AvwO3ro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    You mean six Vanessa doesn't do the sal.
    Yes.

It was so fabulous I thought she did an extra!

vCash
    Yes.

It was so fabulous I thought she did an extra!
    It really is a great program that highlights her strengths, most notably spins and speed. I hope she can clean up her jumps and rock the JGP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

Idk if Kiri is interested in doing JGP again. She may be focusing on pairs, or have opted for senior Bs instead. She's already done 2 seasons of JGP and that was with taking last season off. She might be ready to move on.

vCash
    I know that Kiri Baga is interested in doing the JGP again (technically she didn't take last season off - she wasn't assigned to the JGP but was listed as an alternate early on).

ETA: If given a choice, the U.S. skaters and coaches seem to prefer a JGP to a Senior B assignment... probably because they can receive an ISU Season Best score for the former but not the latter.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-26-2012 at 12:00 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Title-less
    vCash
    I don't see all the girls getting assigned to a JGP.

The way I see it, it's initially gonna be
    Wang
    Lam
    Baga
    Jiang
    Keiser
    Cain
    Miller
    Long

I think Jiang will get an initial JGP spot because Keiser deserves to go, and USFSA will probably send Jiang too since she finished ahead of Keiser at nationals.

Bell, Edmunds, Cesario and Hicks may get assigned later, if there are spots.
    I hope USFSA will be a tad flexible with using nationals as the determining factor and get Edmunds and Cesario into the earlier JGPs. I'm not holding my breath though
    Last edited by jlai; 07-26-2012 at 12:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    I don't see all the girls getting assigned to a JGP.

The way I see it, it's initially gonna be
    Wang
    Lam
    Baga
    Jiang
    Keiser
    Cain
    Miller
    Long

I think Jiang will get an initial JGP spot because Keiser deserves to go, and USFSA will probably send Jiang too since she finished ahead of Keiser at nationals.

Bell, Edmunds, Cesario and Hicks may get assigned later, if there are spots.
    I hope USFSA will be a tad flexible with using nationals as the determining factor and get Edmunds and Cesario into the earlier JGPs. I'm not holding my breath though

why do you think hicks and cesario won't get initial assignments? even if USFS felt constricted by the nationals finish order, hicks and cesario didn't *finish behind* jiang and keiser. they were injured and unable to compete at nationals, but had previously placed well at JGP's. cesario got a liberty write up on icenetwork, hicks got early monitoring (per Sylvia she got monitored early on along with keiser)--i would think all these signs point to them being part of USFS plan A (initial assignments) rather than plan B (only if plan A skaters got injured or finished really low in the rankings).

just curious to hear your thoughts, because you've been watching USFS and the ISP game a lot longer

i also think it's unlikely that all of the skaters on your initial selection list will dazzle at her first assignment, so there will be room for edmunds, unless USFS already made up their minds that certain skaters will get 2 assignments.
    Last edited by skfan; 07-26-2012 at 03:00 AM. Reason: browser ate my post

vCash
    oops 2
    Last edited by skfan; 07-26-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast