Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    JGP skaters will receive a bye through Sectionals in November to 2013 Nationals if they qualify for the JGP Final. They will still have to compete at Regionals in October if their JGP assignment is more than one week before or after their respective Regional. It is my understanding that Senior GP singles skaters with 2 GP assignments will be allowed a bye though their Regionals this year - I believe this was approved officially by the Chair of USFS' Competitions Committee.

thank you Sylvia.

vCash
    Give USFS some credit, please.

USFS' International Assignments page originally had Brown's name down for Turkey (it was later removed and they forgot to add it back) - here's what's officially known for the men:

TUR: Brown (2nd assignment), Omori (1st assignment)
    SLO: Farris (2nd), Kaugars (1st)
    CRO: TBA (Chen provisional)
    GER: TBA
    Chen vs Yan at Croatia. I'm probably looking forward to that more than I should.

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Smart move sending Farris to SLO...tough field! Yan, Jin, Tanaka, Uno, and Sadovsky as competition! Whereas Turkey it seems like Brown's main competition is Nyugen, Honda, and Lee so there's a good chance he can win.
    Smart, actually, IMO, no sarcasm. Josh has the scores (and score potential) to knock off all of those guys, even Han Yan potentially, although it will be interesting to see where Yan is at. With his score and his gold at Lake Placid the pressure is not on him as bad to make the JGPF.

Sending Jason to Turkey against a percieved "weaker" field is a good tactical move since he needs silver or better to qualify for JGPF. It also gives him a chance to get his skating back together after that little blip in Courchevel. But no field is weak. Remember, that was the tag given the Courchevel field as well, and plenty of people were expecting him to stroll off with that.

Title-less
    vCash
    JGP Austria is supposed to be a weak men's field, yet the winner has the highest score thus far...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post

is there a limit on how many JGPF representatives can come from one country? i mean, can we have a titushkina, shershak, radionova, gerasimova, zaseeva, miyahara JGPF?
    I don't think there is. I looked at previous JGPF results as precedent and found 6 Russian dance teams one year, five russian pairs, and 5 US ladies in the JGPF in one season.

Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    I wonder if Simpson/Blackmer would have medaled at JGP Lake Placid with those programs. Even though their score was lower, I enjoyed Aaron/Settlage's programs much more.

Also, assuming Calalang/Sidhu and Simpson/Blackmer get a 2nd JGP, who do you think gets the final spot available?? De La Mora/Wilson, Oltmanns/Santillian, Goldberg/Dolk, or Belt/Johnson ?

Also posted that in the US pairs forum and thought that this perhaps was a better place to post it. .... Side note, Calalang/Sidhu were a bit of a yawn; they're missing a spark, hopefully they get it by the end of the season.

vCash
    Zaitsev/Stevens are also options for the final JGP spot if DLM/Wilson don't get a second assignment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Chen vs Yan at Croatia. I'm probably looking forward to that more than I should.

Smart, actually, IMO, no sarcasm. Josh has the scores (and score potential) to knock off all of those guys, even Han Yan potentially, although it will be interesting to see where Yan is at. With his score and his gold at Lake Placid the pressure is not on him as bad to make the JGPF.

Sending Jason to Turkey against a percieved "weaker" field is a good tactical move since he needs silver or better to qualify for JGPF. It also gives him a chance to get his skating back together after that little blip in Courchevel. But no field is weak. Remember, that was the tag given the Courchevel field as well, and plenty of people were expecting him to stroll off with that.
    True, true. Anyways Farris has the most tech of the American guys currently, so even though Chen's score was higher at his 1st JGP event, sending Josh to the field with the toughest lineup as a 2nd event is the most logical, though I suppose they could have avoided sending any of the potential JGPF qualifiers there too. Anyways, I'm curious to see if Jason's skating in Courchevel really was a blip (hopefully) or if it's more indicative of where he's at right now. I'm sure he's aware of the scores and programs put out by Josh and now Nathan and how his Courchevel programs and scores fell well below the benchmark those two set. Curious to see if he can close in that gap, or at least some of it, in Turkey and if he can get the 3a out successfully. Also, with some pressure off, I'm curious to see how Josh and Nathan skate at their 2nd events and if they keep the momentum going or scale things back a bit for the time being. So exciting this season!

vCash
    I don't think there is. I looked at previous JGPF results as precedent and found 6 Russian dance teams one year, five russian pairs, and 5 US ladies in the JGPF in one season.

thank you. that makes it even more interesting

vCash
    Does this mean that Vanessa will most likely not receive a second JGP? I'm assuming all of Angela, Hannah (though her jumps are bleh), and Samantha will get a second JGP invite. How many JGP spots does that leave for the ladies (three?)?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    The last two JGPs are currently blank on USFS' International Assignments page, so that means there are 4 slots for men, ladies and dance, and up to 6 pairs slots, left to fill. Medalists that should receive 2nd assignments are Wang (bronze), Miller (silver), and Cesario (bronze) in ladies, Chen (gold) in men, and Aaron/Settlage (bronze) in pairs.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    The last two JGPs are currently blank on USFS' International Assignments page, so that means there are 4 slots for men, ladies and dance, and up to 6 pairs slots, left to fill. Medalists that should receive 2nd assignments are Wang (bronze), Miller (silver), and Cesario (bronze) in ladies, Chen (gold) in men, and Aaron/Settlage (bronze) in pairs.
    So does that mean there is only 1 extra ladies spot available right now? Interesting. Wonder who'll get it.

With three slots left in men, I would like to see Shotaro earn a second one, and for Troy and Jordan to get a shot at the international scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Zaitsev/Stevens are also options for the final JGP spot if DLM/Wilson don't get a second assignment.
    D'oh I don't know why I didn't think of them, I bet they'll get it.
    Last edited by johndockley92; 09-17-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Typo

Title-less
    vCash
    Choate should get one for being fourth at Jgp France. Isnt Troy injured?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Choate should get one for being fourth at Jgp France. Isnt Troy injured?
    According to Sylvia's post in the K&C forum, Tomasello was supposed to compete in the St. Clair Shroes competition this past weekend.

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    So does that mean there is only 1 extra ladies spot available right now? Interesting. Wonder who'll get it.
    If one of Keiser, Jiang or Long gets a medal, they will get a second assignment. If two or three of them medal... then bronze medalists may not be good enough...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    If one of Keiser, Jiang or Long gets a medal, they will get a second assignment. If two or three of them medal... then bronze medalists may not be good enough...
    Even if Long medals, idk if they will wait that long to finalize the assignments. I think it will either go to Leah or Nina if one of them medals and then Vanessa if neither of them do. If Leah and Nina both medal, then idk what happens. Maybe they send Bell and/or Edmunds instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Even if Long medals, idk if they will wait that long to finalize the assignments. I think it will either go to Leah or Nina if one of them medals and then Vanessa if neither of them do. If Leah and Nina both medal, then idk what happens. Maybe they send Bell and/or Edmunds instead.
    Vanessa isn't an alternate for the last event so I doubt she's getting another.

I hope Zaitsev/Stevens get the last pairs spot.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    FWIW, Christina Zaitsev/Ernie Utah Stevens have the highest summer competition total score (113 at Indy Challenge) of the age-eligible pairs yet to be assigned to a JGP.

Vanessa Lam is listed as a 'S' in the current ladies' roster for Chemnitz, Germany on the ISU site (but not in the Ladies' points standings table).

Polina Edmunds competed in the invitational U.S. Challenge Skate this past weekend and finished 2nd in Junior Ladies to Selena Zhao. Edmunds scored 47.54 (SP), 80.14 (FS), 127.68 total, and was credited with just 1 clean triple in her FS even though her overall performance came across very well to me on video. Her jumps in the FS detailed protocol were:
    3Lz+3T<, 3F<+3T<, 2A, 3Lo<<+2T+2Lo<<, 3F<, 2A, 3S<.

Mariah Bell was scheduled to compete in the Colorado Springs Invitational club comp. this past weekend but the official results haven't been published online yet.

ETA:
    Yasmin Siraj won the Senior Ladies event at Middle Atlantics club competition 2 weekends ago with a total score of 146.63. She reportedly skated a clean SP (56.00) with 3T+2T, 3F, 2A, and she rotated both 3Lz in her FS (90.63) - turned out of the 1st and hand down on the 2nd - landing 4 triples and two 2A.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    According to Sylvia's post in the K&C forum, Tomasello was supposed to compete in the St. Clair Shroes competition this past weekend.
    The official results haven't been published online so I don't know whether or not he competed there.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-17-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Vanessa Lam is listed as a 'S' in the current ladies' roster for Chemnitz, Germany on the ISU site (but not in the Ladies' points standings table).
    She's not listed on the overall ladies page, which was updated more recently then that Germany one. http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2012/jgpsladies.htm

vCash
    I haven't read through all of the thread so I may have missed this somewhere earlier...but why is Courtney Hicks down for 3 JGPs this season? She was at Lake Placid but they've got her down for the fifth and sixth event as well.

Why is she getting three competitions? Or is it possible one of those slots will end up going to someone else?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Hicks is officially assigned to JGP #5 in Bled, Slovenia on USFS' International Assignments page: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=216
    She was originally given #6 Croatia as a placeholder assignment - that's why there's an extra 'X' next to her name in the table.

vCash
    Of this year's US JGP skaters, who will be competing as a Senior at Nationals?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast