View Poll Results: Which Of These Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 1st - Snow White & the Huntsman (Fantasy with Charlize Theron, Chris Hemsworth)

20 30.30%
  • June 8th - Prometheus (Sci-Fi with Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce, Charlize Theron)

18 27.27%
  • June 15th - Rock of Ages (Musical with Tom Cruise, Julianne Hough, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand)

11 16.67%
  • June 22nd – Brave (Animated with Julie Walters, Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson)

23 34.85%
  • June 22nd - To Rome with Love (Comedy with Woody Allen, Alec Baldwin, Penelope Cruz, Ellen Page)

6 9.09%
  • June 29th - Magic Mike (Comedy with Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey)

10 15.15%
  • July 3rd - The Amazing Spider-Man (Adventure with Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Sally Field)

14 21.21%
  • July 13th - Red Lights (Thriller with Cillian Murphy, Robert De Niro, Sigourney Weaver)

11 16.67%
  • July 20th - The Dark Knight Rises (Adventure with Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Tom Hardy)

34 51.52%
  • August 3rd - The Bourne Legacy (Action with Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton)

14 21.21%
  • August 3rd - Total Recall (Action, Sci-Fi with Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale and John Cho)

7 10.61%
  • August 10th - Hope Springs (Comedy withMeryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones, Steve Carell)

15 22.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    having a nice day
    vCash
    the song of sparrows is another wonderful "little" film about big issues.

vCash
    I got around to renting 'The Descendants' with George Clooney -----> meh. IDK. It was an interesting concept for a movie, but it didn't really hold my attention. I also found the Hawaiian music played during tender and melancholy moments to be annoying. Perhaps I expected more from all the accolades it received.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Many people are unaware that Walt Disney created Snow White with Eleanor Roosevelt as the role model.

Are you serious?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Many people are unaware that Walt Disney created Snow White with Eleanor Roosevelt as the role model.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Are you serious?
    Why of COURSE, darling. I ALWAYS stick out my tongue mid-seriousness.

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Snowed made $20m on Friday. All I have to say to that is YIKES!

vCash
    June 1st - Pink Ribbons Inc. (Documentary. From imdb.com: “a feature documentary that shows how the devastating reality of breast cancer, which marketing experts have labeled a "dream cause," becomes obfuscated by a shiny, pink story of success.”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2xY2cxto1M
    That would be worth seeing, I think.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Saw 'Dark Shadows' in the theater last night. Cute. Worth a few laughs. Great selection of music to represent 1972 (Moody Blues - 'Knights in White Satin'; Alice Cooper). They played Elton John's 'Crocodile Rock' in a bar scene which was actually on the charts in 1973

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    (re Pink Ribbons Inc): That would be worth seeing, I think.
    I saw it at a screening here a couple of months ago. It was okay. I'm glad someone took on the particular subject, but the film would have been better as 25-minute TV piece -- there just wasn't enough content to fill the 100 minutes, and it got repetative.

vCash
    I Barrymore last night. It's a limited release film edition of Christopher Plummer reprising his Tony-winning performance as John Barrymore. The story itself is a little thin, but it doesn't matter at all because Plummer is so darned amazing.

It's not just a filmed-stage-performance like the National Theatre ones -- about 90% of it is still the stage setting, but they made some modifications to take advantage of the different medium. Specifically, they filmed some of Barrymore's memories, so we see them rather than just hear about them. And there's a good use of camera angles and lighting effects that are beyond what you could do for stage. Still, I wish I could have seen it in its original stage incarnation!

But really, this is all about Plummer, and further showing his incredible abilities. Although I did smile a bit at the suspension of disbelief required re: age. The setting of the story is 1942 as Barrymore is preparing to reprise his Richard III. So, you have an 80-year-old actor, playing a 60-year-old actor, playing a 30-year-old character.

Canadians have one more chance to see this on the big screen, Sunday at noonish at select Cineplex locations (see Barrymore). Don't know about US distribution, but judging by the behind-the-scenes they showed afterward, I'd be very surprised if this one didn't end up on DVD.

vCash
    I hope it does. I'd really like to see it.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    How did we ever miss Osombie?

From the beginning of the trailer:

VIEWER DISCRETION - The following contains scenes of zombie violence and gore and muscular men with their shirts off.

vCash
    ^ I now want to see that as a double-bill with Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer.

having a nice day
    vCash
    "valentino: the last emperor" was almost as much fun as "lagerfeld confidential" but of course the dresses were much more stunning.

having a nice day
    vCash
    "we need to talk about kevin" creeped me out on so many different levels. i guess that was the point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I hope it does. I'd really like to see it.
    As would I!
    I'm fascinated by the tragedy of John Barrymore; and love Christopher Plummer.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Some movies I've seen of late:

8/10 The Guard (Brendan Gleeson, Don Cheadle and Fionnula Flanagan) – From the trailer, I thought this was going to be a goofy comedy, but really it’s one of those movies that is tough to describe as far as genres go. I’d label it “interesting” and “watchable” instead of “drama” and “comedic”.

8/10 The Princess Bride – This is one of those movies that Entertainment Weekly has an ongoing love-on for and whenever they do issues that could include a mention of this movie, they do so! I couldn’t remember most of it, so figured it was time to watch it again. Lots of great moments, great lines and two beautiful lead actors. Even Mandy Patinkin with that God-awful hair looks long and lean and fit. If I were to find any fault, I’d say it looks like the had limited money to make the movie and while some scenes are so beautiful, others look kind of cheap, like they ran out of funds part-way through filming and then had to stretch the budget!

5/10 War Horse – Hammy, manipulative and corny. I can’t believe people are raving about this movie on the imdb boards. I give it a five because the production values are brilliant. The directing, and especially the script are SO cornball!!

3/10 Footloose (2011) – The lead is a sulky brat and it doesn’t help that he has no script to work with. I think the only thing this movie will be remembered for is Julianne Hough’s first lead role (she has the lead in upcoming Lasse Hallstrom and Diablo Cody movies) and Miles Teller (very charming as Willard, and who I learned was in “Rabbit Hole” with Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart).

vCash
    I guess we have Cinemax free this weekend. We just watched "Rise of the Planet of the Apes." I thought I would hate it. I enjoyed it and found myself rooting for the apes. Go figure.

vCash
    Saw "Peace, Love, and Misunderstanding" last night. Ugh. It was pretty dreadful. The whole thing was shallow and predictable, plus there's nothing I find more pathetic than an aging hippie.

vCash
    I loved War Horse...

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I guess we have Cinemax free this weekend. We just watched "Rise of the Planet of the Apes." I thought I would hate it. I enjoyed it and found myself rooting for the apes. Go figure.
    That movie to me was like the Star Trek reboot. As soon as it ended, I was ready to see the next part!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I loved War Horse...
    You are forgiven.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast