Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Huh, I realized that the things that I play over and over are playlists rather than albums, especially in the last five years. Some of the stuff that I've kept on loop or had in my car for a long time:

A playlist of Jason Mraz's songs, mostly live recordings that I ripped from Youtube. I think most of the tracks I ripped aren't even on an album.

American Idiot - Green Day + a playlist of other Green Day songs from other albums

Soundtrack to Les Choristes + some other songs that the main soloist, Jean-Baptiste Maunier, also performed. Actually, it was part of a playlist of my favorite French music that I would also play repeatedly.

Romance of the Violin - Joshua Bell

Greatest Hits - Itzhak Perlman (had Carmen, Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso, Symphonie Espagnole, etc. on it)

And this might be a little unexpected, but...I effing love the band Hanson. I actually didn't become a big fan until their third album Underneath, which is one of my favorite albums of all time. I was probably rotating through four different Hanson albums in my car at one point.

Playlist of Adam Lambert tracks. His new album Trespassing is actually what I've been playing over and over for the last two weeks now. I think it'll be an album that I repeat for a long time.

Lungs - Florence + The Machine

Playlist of Kanye West tracks, mostly from Graduation and My Beautiful, Dark Twisted Fantasy

The Fame - Lady Gaga

Playlist of Adele tracks

vCash
    The list of albums/CD's/music that I've collected/kept in my over 40 year "addiction" is long.
    I used to spend my allowance on them.

Two of the very best, that have been a part of my life since they were issued - and still are:

"Sgt. Pepper" - The Beatles
    "American Pie" - Don McLean

vCash
    Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow

Any album/CD by the Beatles, Temptations, Stones, Smokey, or Aretha from the 60's and 70's.

Current - Anthony Hamilton "Woo", Amy Winehouse "Back to Black"

Greatest Hits - Animals, T Rex, beach Boys, Bee Gees, Beethoven.

vCash
    The CD's I listen to most often, usually in the car:

Steve Tyrell: A New Standard
    Sinatra: The Columbia Years
    Bette Midler Sings Rosemary Clooney (My granddaughter loves This Old House and Slow Boat to China)
    The Pianist soundtrack
    Steve Green--my favorite Christian artist; amazing voice and wonderful song selection, none of the choruses that say the same thing a dozen times or any manipulative tearjerkers; his version of "A Mighty Fortress" will give you goosebumps

vCash
    Simon & Garfunkel-The Concert in Central Park. Wore out two cassettes, scratched one CD in the car. Thank god for mp3--saves me money.

U2-All That You Can't Leave Behind

The soundtrack of Good Night & Good Luck.

Rich Mullins-A Liturgy, a Legacy & a Ragamuffin Band

Afterlife
    vCash
    Arcade Fire's Funeral, Neon Bible and The Suburbs. I've been listening to these 3 albums almost constantly for almost 2 years now. Dead Man's Bones is a current obsession. Muse - Absolution, Black Holes and Revelations and HAARP. I've been playing Metric's Youth Without Youth a lot so there's that for a future obsession considering their new album isn't out until June 12.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    Everything by:
    Rod Stewart
    The Beatles
    Emerson Lake and Palmer
    Django Reinhardt

vCash
    I'm pretty eclectic when it comes to my taste in music. My addictions:

"The Dark Side of The Moon" and "Wish You were Here" by Pink Floyd - Sometimes I close my eyes and I listen these two albuns for hours. Amazing feeling.

"Back to Black" by Amy Winehouse - Powerful and yet so vulnerable. This one is heartbreaking and really touches me (now even more I have to admit). “Love is a Losing Game” is the top song on my iPod.

"The Composer of Desafinado, Plays" by Tom Jobim – I love Bossa Nova so much and this album is beautiful.

"Funeral" by Arcade Fire

"Led Zeppelin IV" by Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

"Antologia" by Madredeus - portuguese band

“The Hours” soundtrack by Philip Glass

“Requiem” by Mozart

Everything by Fiona Apple and Radiohead. Oh and Patti Smith.

Two/three years ago my biggest addiction was music from musicals. “My Fair Lady” (original Broadway Cast with Julie Andrews) and “Singing In the Rain” were my absolute favorites.

My biggest addiction at the moment is Joe Hisaishi music. I always imagine someone skating to his music.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    You people are the whitest of white people.

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    You people are the whitest of white people.

I put in Kanye! Does that not count?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masofs View Post
    Two/three years ago my biggest addiction was music from musicals. “My Fair Lady” (original Broadway Cast with Julie Andrews) and “Singing In the Rain” were my absolute favorites.
    Those are my two favorite movies. (In reverse order.)
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Goyte - "Somebody that I used to know" I can listen to again and again and again.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    I put in Kanye! Does that not count?
    You are officialy not one of the "You Peoples".
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    You are officialy not one of the "You Peoples".
    Hey...the Good Night & Good Luck soundtrack is all Dianne Reeves. And I have two other albums by her on my iPod.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    The only two that I had in some non-indestructable format that I played until death were Donny Hathaway's greatest hits and Jeff Buckley "Grace". Still have both on CD and ipod.

Others that I can listen to over and over in the car CD player for days on end are Marvin Gaye's greatest hits, Al Green's greatest hits and Hugh Laurie's "Let them talk" which is just pure fun to me. Oh yeah, and Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black".
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Oh gosh. Well, I come from a different era than most of you. CDs that I literally wore out because I listened to them so often:

Spice Girls - Spiceworld
    Spice Girls - Spice
    Aqua - Aquarius
    t.A.T.u. - Dvesti po Vstrechnoi (and the English version, 200 Km/Hr in the Wrong Lane)
    Dido - No Angel
    Jewel - Spirit
    Evanescence - Fallen

Plus the Titanic and Anastasia soundtracks, and the OBCR of Phantom of the Opera.

Mind you, all of these except for Phantom were CDs I listened to on repeat for months on end when I was really very young - between 7 and 13. Now that I'm older I never just listen to the same CD or album alone for months on end. Back then I couldn't bring an iPod with my entire collection of music. I just had a little portable CD player.

vCash
    LOVE this thread!!!

I was obsessed with Phantom Of The Opera, Original London Cast recording growing up. I nearly wore out mom's CD before I even saw the musical. At 11, the spectacle was slightly less because none of the Toronto cast lived up to Sarah Brightman and the divine Michael Crawford.

CDs that I love and always come back to, listening start to finish:

Jeff Buckley - Grace
    The Moody Blues - Days Of Future Past (This Is The Moody Blues comes a close second)
    Alanis Morissette - Under Rug Swept
    Storm Large - The Calm Years (As Storm Inc)
    The Tea Party - Triptych
    Apocalyptica - Cult or Reflections
    U2 - Achtung Baby

More recent obsessions are Janelle Monae (Tightrope is the best song to listen to every morning), Kanye West and Gotye. I'm not sure how, but I'm still not tired of "Somebody That I Used To Know," and the rest of Making Mirrors is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Mind you, all of these except for Phantom were CDs I listened to on repeat for months on end when I was really very young - between 7 and 13. Now that I'm older I never just listen to the same CD or album alone for months on end. Back then I couldn't bring an iPod with my entire collection of music. I just had a little portable CD player.
    This is true and really interesting. I thought I was ahead as a teen when my walkman had a rewind and change side button, and could take a few mix tapes with me. I generally feel I appreciated the music I had available more back then than the scads I have now at any moment when I have my iPod with me. Maybe iTunes has ruined me.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Rod Stewart & Bon Jovi

---
    Robert Bryant
    Rhode Island bus charters

vCash
    Billie Holiday - Complete Verve Recordings
    Dinah Washington - Complete Mercury Recordings
    Kay Starr - I Cry by Night
    Etta Jones - Lonely and Blue
    Shirley Horn - Here's to Life
    Lee Wiley - A Touch of the Blues
    Anita O'Day - Pick Yourself Up
    Cesaria Evoria - Cafe Atlantico

To name just a few...
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masofs View Post
    "The Dark Side of The Moon" and "Wish You were Here" by Pink Floyd - Sometimes I close my eyes and I listen these two albuns for hours. Amazing feeling.

"Led Zeppelin IV" by Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

“Requiem” by Mozart.
    These four made my list easily.

After thinking about it, though, I might replace Led Zeppelin II on that list (which IMO surpasses IV as their best/most listenable album)

Other albums:

Ride the Lightning /// Master of Puppets -- Metallica
    A Perfect Frame /// Black Celebration /// Violator -- Depeche Mode
    Disintegration -- The Cure
    Automatic -- VnV Nation
    Dirt -- Alice In Chains
    The B-52s -- The B-52s
    The Crack -- The Ruts
    Metal Priestess - The Plasmatics
    London Calling - The Clash
    Bloodletting -- Concrete Blonde
    Love -- The Cult
    Back In Black -- AC/DC
    Are You Experienced? -- Jimi Hendrix

...And that's only a small sampling - I tried to pick the ones that (as of right now) I could be stranded on a desert island and listen to forever.

Pretty Hate Machine (of which I went through 5 copies - two on cassette and three on CD) by NIN coulda woulda made the list except I completely burnt out on it about 8 years ago and now can barely tolerate any of the songs on it .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast