Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Me too. I still cry whenever I read a particulary moving article or something about him.... watching the documentary was bitter sweet for me. It was great to see it, but sad to know the outcome.

I read recently that more people visit his grave every year than the graves of Marilyn Monroe, Elvis and JFK put together. That's amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    ^ He used to. I don't think he has it anymore (someone asked him about it on his Facebook wall), but he does have a Corvette (and loves auto racing as a sport), in addition to golf.
    That isn't really a sensible baby friendly vehicle

And there won't be any time for golf now.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Me too. I still cry whenever I read a particulary moving article or something about him.... watching the documentary was bitter sweet for me. It was great to see it, but sad to know the outcome.
    I went and saw it three times in the cinemas and have just about worn out the DVD, and every time without fail I start bawling when they show Roland Ratzenberger. From then on it's just a sob-fest til the end.

On my second viewing, there was a lady in there who watches documentaries just for fun. We were the only two people in the cinema. At the end she came up to me and asked if I had known how it was going to end. I told her of course. She didn't know! She didn't know anything about motorsport and didn't realise that Ayrton had died.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    That isn't really a sensible baby friendly vehicle
    True, but between Todd & Sabrina, I don't doubt that they have a family friendly vehicle.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Lucinda Ruh is not alone -- Larisa Spielberg and Craig Joeright (2000 U.S. Pairs bronze medalists) also welcomed twin girls earlier this year.

Re-posting the happy baby news of Silvia Fontana/John Zimmerman (Sofia was born on April 3, 2012):
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemiddle View Post
    The baby girl arrived

http://twitter.com/#!/skaterzimmerma...548864/photo/1
    Congratulation to Silvia and John.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Has Rena Inoue had her baby yet? I couldn't find any news....

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I don't believe there was a public announcement, but reportedly Rena Inoue and John Baldwin became proud parents of a baby girl in early November of 2011.

Also born in November 2011 was a son, Zayin Nicholas Jahnke, to Ryan Jahnke and his wife Tashiana (their first child).

ETA:
    Todd Eldredge tweeted this new photo on 5/29 ("My baby boy Ayrton's first racing suit! ‪#Ferrari‬ driver in the making!!!"): http://twitter.com/toddeldredge/stat.../photo/1/large
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-29-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thank you for the thread Sylvia.Congrats to all figure skating parents.Baby Ayrton is the cutest Formula 1 baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ETA:
    Todd Eldredge tweeted this new photo on 5/29 ("My baby boy Ayrton's first racing suit! ‪#Ferrari‬ driver in the making!!!"): http://twitter.com/toddeldredge/stat.../photo/1/large
    Oh my goodness, how adorable! I've always loved those little Ferrari rompers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I went and saw it three times in the cinemas and have just about worn out the DVD, and every time without fail I start bawling when they show Roland Ratzenberger. From then on it's just a sob-fest til the end.

On my second viewing, there was a lady in there who watches documentaries just for fun. We were the only two people in the cinema. At the end she came up to me and asked if I had known how it was going to end. I told her of course. She didn't know! She didn't know anything about motorsport and didn't realise that Ayrton had died.
    I have to say that the image of them taking Senna from the car still makes me cry. It also still shocks me too.

vCash
    I was wondering where Todd and Sabrina came up with the name Ayrton, makes sense now!

Shae-Lynn Bourne is also due to have a baby in June!

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    The y is the stress letter.

The pronounciation should be
    Ah - eer - ton

His death hit very hard here, and every anniversary of it still causes great commotion.
    His sister now runs an organization that funds educational projects for unprivileged children, the major cause he supported.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    The y is the stress letter.

The pronounciation should be
    Ah - eer - ton

His death hit very hard here, and every anniversary of it still causes great commotion.
    His sister now runs an organization that funds educational projects for unprivileged children, the major cause he supported.
    I think he trusted her more than any other person. She also looked to be the most broken over his death. I felt so sorry for her.

vCash
    This are not news actually, just to recap.

If you remember the German skaters Norman Jeschke and Tanja Szewczenko, they had a baby Girl Jona in 2011 I think.

Radka Kovarikova and René NOvotny had a babay girl too, Klara

And Albena Denkova and Maxim Stavinski too had a boy Daniel .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tut88 View Post

If you remember the German skaters Norman Jeschke and Tanja Szewczenko, they had a baby Girl Jona in 2011 I think.
    long live jeschke!!!

such a lost talent in german pair skating, could be so much more succesful with the right partner.

but always nice to think back on those days with him and all the dramas about szewczenko. awesome!
    she will be one of my all time favorites!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    long live jeschke!!!

such a lost talent in german pair skating, could be so much more succesful with the right partner.

but always nice to think back on those days with him and all the dramas about szewczenko. awesome!
    she will be one of my all time favorites!

I liked him skating with mikkeline kielkegard ( I am sure it's not spelled in this way )
    Hot guy !!

vCash

I liked him skating with mikkeline kielkegard ( I am sure it's not spelled in this way )
    Hot guy !!
    yes, i think tis pair could have had a bright future, but ended just too soon

vCash
    clip from jeschkes homepage

http://www.norman-jeschke.com/tanjas...eel2009_1.html

this is a mix video; parts of them are from a german tv soap wehre szewczenko play the female leading role (a figure skater). jeschke has a guest appearance (as we see on show on ice)

the other clips are from training sessions in dortmund 2009 as they trained for their competitive comeback in pairs skating. they were in the entries of the 2009 coupe of nice, but sadly not appeared.
    szewczenko wanted to start at vancouver, but after the coupe of nice, nothing more was heard of her plans to compete again.

sad, would have been so excited, in my opinion they training clips look really fine, th3sal, nice lifts. would have been great to see them back

vCash

Radka Kovarikova and René NOvotny had a babay girl too, Klara
    iirc, Kovarikova and Novotny split up and divorced couple of years ago. Baby Klara is Radka's - with her new husband whom she married after the split.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sbanet View Post
    iirc, Kovarikova and Novotny split up and divorced couple of years ago. Baby Klara is Radka's - with her new husband whom she married after the split.
    sorry !!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast