Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Duets, Season 1

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Kelly's girl was great. They sounded really good together.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Rankings:
    1. J Rome (Jennifer)
    2. Johnny Gray (John)
    3. Alexis Foster (Robin)
    4. John Glosson (Jennifer)
    5. Olivia Chisolm (Robin)
    6. Bridget Carrington (John)
    7. Jordan Meredith (Kelly)
    8. Jason Farol (Kelly)

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am watching now after recording it. Go Kelly, go!!!!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I started recording with Kelly and the Jason guy. That was boring, and Kelly's outfit was Kelly is NOT a big girl by any means. She's not a stick, but she's at most a size ten, but her clothes make her look bigger and mishapen. She's a pretty girl; why does she dress like a doudy dominatrix?

Bridget and John Legend were So were her shoes. It's nice to see adults singing adult songs.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Kelly's girl is the weakest singer of the bunch or maybe she was just super nervous. I think Jason is an amazing singer but again, he is super super nervous. Kelly is not going to win with either of those two, I don't know why she didn't find a confident singer as one of her picks. This show was great, though. Such high quality. Even the worst were so far better than a lot of the other shows. Of course, dueting with superstars probably helps.

I am curious how Jennifer will do when they don't sing their own songs. She had a big advantage this week since her catalogue is full of duets as it is.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I am curious how Jennifer will do when they don't sing their own songs. She had a big advantage this week since her catalogue is full of duets as it is.
    But "Stay" definitely wasn't a duet when Sugarland did it. I think it speaks to how great she and her partner were that they made it work as a duet.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    I saw Jennifer on the CMT Reba and Lionel Richie tributes singing their songs .. she was fabulous. I'm not a huge Sugarland fan, but I think Jennifer could sign just about anything.

vCash
    By the way, did Robin Thicke rub anyone else the wrong way? (no smart comments!!) He comes across a little cocky for my liking and I wonder if it was just him being silly and joking or if he has a big ego.
    -Brian

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    I saw Jennifer on the CMT Reba and Lionel Richie tributes singing their songs .. she was fabulous. I'm not a huge Sugarland fan, but I think Jennifer could sign just about anything.
    Have a listen to Sugarland's "Live on the Inside". They do covers of Pearl Jam, the B52s, and a couple of other acts (in addition to their own songs), and it all rocks.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    I loved her singing Springsteen in his KenCen tribute. But I don't like Sugarland songs. I forgot to tape this. Boo
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Week 2 is underway...

The theme is "Classic Duets."

John and Bridget up first, doing "I Knew You Were Waiting" by Aretha Franklin and George Michael.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Brian are you hyperventilating after that duet between Kelly and Robin?
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Bridget looks hot in her 80s retro outfit. I think this is a good song for her. She has a nice stage presence, and she and John have pretty good chemistry. Her voice reminds me of Toni Braxton.

Jennifer's vest is awesome. Very positive feedback from the judges (or whatever they are.) Robin flirting, not surprisingly.

vCash
    Kelly and Jordan to do "Misery" by Pink (f. Steven Tyler?)

Pretty good feedback. A few small criticisms of her vocal. John also advises her not to use her duet partner as a crutch.

She is ranked behind Bridget.
    Last edited by LuckyCharm; 06-01-2012 at 01:40 AM.

vCash
    Jennifer and John doing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." Sweet.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Jennifer really does have the top 2 singers so far. Both of them are really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Jennifer really does have the top 2 singers so far. Both of them are really good.
    You and I agree, and apparently we're the only ones watching. I hope this thread isn't reflective of the overall ratings of the show. I really think they should have put this on Monday. They could have snagged much of the DWTS/The Voice audience.

Jennifer is hilarious. So is Robin, actually. They both basically have no shame. Kelly and John are like the straight men in this group, but they're adorable.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    You and I agree, and apparently we're the only ones watching. I hope this thread isn't reflective of the overall ratings of the show. I really think they should have put this on Monday. They could have snagged much of the DWTS/The Voice audience.
    Yeah. They should have. The talent is really good and the concept is cool.

vCash
    Robin and Olivia doing "Where Is the Love" by Donny Hathaway and Robert Flack. She's never heard the song before. Robin waxes poetic
    about Paula.

Olivia's vocal pleasant but a bit weak. Quite a few pitch issues, especially on the chorus. I love this song.

Pretty nice comments form the judges, but they seem to think the song choice was wrong. They rank her last anyway.
    Last edited by LuckyCharm; 06-01-2012 at 02:01 AM.

vCash
    For some reason, Johnny Gray quit the show and John had to find a new partner at the last minute.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast