Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    And I was hoping that Alison would appear last night -- perhaps she had a conflict?
    I think I saw her in the Lion King dance.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Glad the best two won, but what a BORING show that was!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I also liked the cats number with Amelia and Will.
    I loved this number Congrats to the winners, no surprise at all and I too thought it was a boring show

vCash
    I've noticed that District 78 does a long of the songs on the show, at least the remixes. Anyone know more about them?

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    I guess it isn't a good sign I thought Tiffany did the couch number with Matt until I saw the finale and realized my error?

Happy with the winners, but there really weren't many dances that caught my attention this season.

vCash
    I remember how at the end of previous seasons I didn't want them to end. I would be happy if the final thread on this board would keep going so the season wasn't over. Now I'm just yawning. The producers need to find a way to revive this show...that is if the network doesn't cancel it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ross_hy View Post
    I've noticed that District 78 does a long of the songs on the show, at least the remixes. Anyone know more about them?
    They're a group of producers whose main job is pretty much SYTYCD. Nice gig if you can get it.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    I thrilled for Chehon. I really thought the other guy would win, based on force of personality. I was thrilled that Chehon won.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I remember how at the end of previous seasons I didn't want them to end. I would be happy if the final thread on this board would keep going so the season wasn't over. Now I'm just yawning. The producers need to find a way to revive this show...that is if the network doesn't cancel it.
    This year, I feel the opposite of how you feel. This is the first year I'm so happy with the winners. It seems my faves are always in the top 6 or 8 but never win, except for Jeanine. I've liked many of the winners, but I am really happy about this year's crop. I think the "barre" has been raised.

vCash
    Alex Wong posted on Facebook that none of the Allstars were invited for the tour. Doesn't that take away most of the season's good dances? Or are they planning on replacing them?

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I'm bummed because for the first in a long while, I actually want to go to the tour. But for the first time ever in Atlanta, the show will be practically on the other side of the state. Atlanta is a very large city space-wise. It rambles. It's about an hour's drive from the old venue to the new one, and with traffic-perhaps even longer. But it's in a real theatre instead of an arena which doesn't seat nearly as many. Wonder what that says???? I guess the old venue (which isn't old agewise) was booked. It's in the same complex where we dance, and I know everybody in management. I'll find out what gives!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    I'm bummed because for the first in a long while, I actually want to go to the tour. But for the first time ever in Atlanta, the show will be practically on the other side of the state. Atlanta is a very large city space-wise. It rambles. It's about an hour's drive from the old venue to the new one, and with traffic-perhaps even longer. But it's in a real theatre instead of an arena which doesn't seat nearly as many. Wonder what that says???? I guess the old venue (which isn't old agewise) was booked. It's in the same complex where we dance, and I know everybody in management. I'll find out what gives!
    They've moved quite a few of the tour dates from arenas to theaters. I'd say that's a statement of anticipated ticket sales.

Also, I am very happy with this year's winners, but the season overall was not memorable outside of a few key performances...most of which involved Eliana. While I think Chehon is a good dancer, the only dance of his I want to see again is the Argentine Tango.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Alex Wong posted on Facebook that none of the Allstars were invited for the tour. Doesn't that take away most of the season's good dances? Or are they planning on replacing them?
    I think they replace them.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Has the show been renewed yet; or was this the final season of SYTYCD?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Has the show been renewed yet; or was this the final season of SYTYCD?
    It hasn't been renewed yet, but this is very early. The announcement may not come until after the first of the year.

vCash
    What did everyone thing about one girl and one guy winner? Do you think it should be continued?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    What did everyone thing about one girl and one guy winner? Do you think it should be continued?
    I liked the two prizes, but I thought it unfair they kept a final four; a final six would have made sense to me. In previous seasons it was one prize between four contestants, and I think there was a season or two where there was a final six, for one prize? So odds-wise, not that fair in comparison to previous years.

Nigel kept saying the network wanted to start off with a top 16, so I wonder if having two prizes was decided before or after they picked the top 20.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849