Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cyrus and Eliana are my top two.

Tiffany is really cute but Eliana is 10x the dancer she is. Eliana draws your eye so much. Her lines are gorgeous, her legs go on for days and she really did adapt to every single style she was thrown...even that damn quick step! Tiffany impressed me with her jive; she looked as though she'd been doing it for years. I'd be okay if Tiffany won but Eliana is more captivating and is the better dancer IMO. That Stacey Tookey piece with Alex was incredible! But her pole dance/broadway number with Tiffany was my fav from the last show...I've watched it about 5 times.

Chehon is obviously the better dancer and he has grown in this competition. But Cyrus' spirit is what really pulls me. If he wins, it really is b/c people connect with him more instead of Chehon. In addition to that, there's never been another dancer on the show like Cyrus. His solo was my fav from last episode and the only one that got a standing ovation from 2 of the 3 judges. I totally get where Nigel is coming from but he should have kept that comment to himself. It almost feels like he was under pressure from someone (producers, fans, IDK...) to point out that Cyrus is weak in pretty much every style but his own. People know that but they've voted him to the finale anyway. I don't doubt that had Cyrus ever been put into the bottom 2/3, they'd have sent him home...they just didn't get the opportunity. It shows how much people really love him. I'd be thrilled if he won but if Chehon wins, I'm good too.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I saw an interview with Chehon and Eliana where they discussed how hard the pas was in part because of the slippery floor.
    Would it have killed them to roll out some marley?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    There has been dancers like Cyrus-maybe not animators but limited outside their genre hip hoppers. Philip Chbeeb for one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwZJgqLNZlA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or-MW9J_pcc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce_jcRYtC3k

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Would it have killed them to roll out some marley?
    Seriously! but they could have only did it if they danced it last and well Cyrus has went last the past 3 weeks.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Finally getting a chance to watch the finale episode.

Cat is wearing a dress made of the same fabric that my daughter had for her Pre-Novice competition long program.

Cyrus did as good a job with the Paso as I've ever seen on Dancing with the Stars (not so much SYTYCD)...and the dance had great character, and showcased both dancers very well.Eliana looked perfect. I loved the Daft Punk song choice.

Tiffany and Will- Sonya- Great choreo for me. I had to google Will, because the hair threw me off from placing him, but I mostly watched him in this. I hated, hated Tiffany's garter costume, and wanted Will in something other than baggy pants. Tiffany is still boring to me.

Eliana and Chehon- That was lovely to watch. I have a feeling that that was good ballet, rather than great. I just love watching the precision of movement with ballet. Why have I only ever been to one live show?

Tiffany and Cyrus- meh- another fighting hip-hop. I don't believe Tiffany as the girlfriend. Their unison was good in the one fast section. I don't like this Beyonce song either, so that didn't help.

I liked the group number that Tyce did. He didn't try to have them do unison choreo where Cyrus would have spoiled the line, and that kind of freed Eliana and Chehon to soar.

Eliana's solo was delightful.

Chehon and Allison - Loved loved the first part of this dance. The end was a bit of a letdown. It's a treat for me every time they have her on. He was a great partner.

Eliana and Tiffany- What a great pole dance. Eliana just won that by a mile though.

Cyrus's solo never fails to amaze me.

Tiffany's solo- really- that song? I think she should tell us that she wished for world peace too.

Cyrus and Chehon- this is what I was most looking forward to. And it lived up to my expectations. Cyrus has such an inborn ability to dance- can you imagine with his build and talent how he could have danced if he had had training as a child. I'd be happy with either guy winning- Chehon outdanced Cyrus by a mile, but Cyrus still draws my attention.

Chehon's solo was a bunch of leaping about. I like the Devotchka music.

Eliana and Alex- splits and leaps. I preferred Allison and Chehon. Travis got carried away by their talent and it was empty for me.

Tiffany and Chehon - I had to rewind this to confirm my suspicion that this was a Rhumba. The only good thing about this was a glimpse of Dimitri. Chehon is a super secure partner, but there was zero sensuality in this for me. If this wasn't on the finale, I don't think Mary would have raved.

Cyrus outdanced Twitch in that animation routine, but I would have expected that. That was so entertaining.

Great show. I feel guilty for saying it, after Tiffany pointed out that she started at a big disadvantage. I like to root for the underdog, but other than when they give her light-hearted, perky routine, I just always wish the someone else was dancing.

Cyrus, Eliana, and Chehon have really connected with me over the last few weeks, so I'm happy with any of them winning. So - Eliana for the women, and someone whose name starts with a C for the men.

Last note- it is much more fun watching it live for me. I don't mind the fluff and the commercials, because I'm typing comments and (sometimes) getting to read other real-time critiques. All the dances have somewhat less impact for me without the "live" show aspect. I guess that's why I've never checked out any of the other dance shows that I could download.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Also finally saw the show. One of my favorites ever. I've developed a huge crush on Chehon (ok-a granny crush...) Eliana for the win. It's up in the air for the guys. Loved the pole dance-one of my favorite songs to boot! The Nut wasn't as bad as I feared given the circumstances. Love Eliana and Alex, loved Chehon and Cyrus. I really thought Chehon came forward with a lot of personality and a lot more security in his dancing. Like he wasn't afraid anymore. Oh well, Danny finished second too. I guess I should expect it. Cyrus is such a dear, no hard feelings if that's what happens. You get the idea the top 4 all care about each other. Should be a fun tour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    In addition to that, there's never been another dancer on the show like Cyrus.
    There has also never been a dancer who has been given so many gifts on this show as Cyrus. How many times was he given the opportunity to dance his own style? I'd say lots. The dubstep number, the number where he and Eliana were robots, the number with Jaime where he was a robot who survived the apocalypse, the number where he and Twitch were robots, the finale group number where everyone had to be a robot, etc. You could say everything was a stretch because he never did choreography before, but we've had other dancers like that as well.

I agree that he has a great personality, and after all, we're voting for favorite dancer, not best dancer. But in the last episode, for me, Chehon became my fav as well as the best male dancer.

vCash
    Have you all seen this contemporary pole dance video by Eliana? It's amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stosyuLXN6c

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Have you all seen this contemporary pole dance video by Eliana? It's amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stosyuLXN6c
    Holy crap!! The amount of core strength and flexibility needed for this makes me feel like a slug.

vCash
    OMG......that is absolutely incredible....why couldn't she have done a solo like that.....I guess they just don't have enough time I suppose. She is so strong!!!!
    Addicted to FSU

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    that was incredible.. I never realized pole dancing could be so beautiful.. I guess I was one of those who associated it with strippers and not as a prop that can be used for a choreographed piece.. such strength and athleticism.. my favourite female dancer this season
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    that was incredible.. I never realized pole dancing could be so beautiful.. I guess I was one of those who associated it with strippers and not as a prop that can be used for a choreographed piece.. such strength and athleticism.. my favourite female dancer this season
    I wish that one SYTYCYD number that used the pole could have done it with a contemporary ballet theme, instead of using that song from Chicago. A lot of people's minds would have changed!

vCash
    I totally respect what she did in that video, and she's my fave girl by far. However, the video to me seemed to be a "stop and start" affair. She'd do a few....I guess they aren't "steps" and they aren't "combinations..." whatevers....and then the camera seemed to jump to her doing something another set of skills.

I imagine it's the kind of thing that can't be sustained very long....the pole dance on the show was probably pretty max time wise. The demand on the upper body strength must be tremendous!

My husband Richard is going to take photos next weekend for a group who does aerial dance in front of orchestras. They're all ex-Cirque people, so we're told. I'm not going-got to work, but it should be fun. Somehow I compare the pole and the aerial skills as being similar...are they?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    Just stunning!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post

My husband Richard is going to take photos next weekend for a group who does aerial dance in front of orchestras. They're all ex-Cirque people, so we're told. I'm not going-got to work, but it should be fun. Somehow I compare the pole and the aerial skills as being similar...are they?
    Some aerial dance is done with ropes or long pieces of fabric, which aren't fixed, like a pole, but, on the other hand, the aerialists can wrap themselves in it to create "handles" for their feet hands/arms.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Thanks for the link. I spotted a blink-and-miss-it clip of this in her montage last episode, and thought it strange that Tiffany wasn't with her and she was in a bikini. Work it, girl! She better win. I can't vote.

vCash
    If I could vote, it would be major "power voting".......darn. I hope she wins!!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    That was gorgeous!

The amount of strength and flexibility required for that is insane! But she made it look so smooth, fluid and easy. Eliana is definitely my favorite girl and I really hope she wins this thing. I really think she is the best female dancer they've ever had on the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    Seriously! but they could have only did it if they danced it last and well Cyrus has went last the past 3 weeks.
    As long as they had 5 minutes or so, they could've rolled out some Marley. In fact, I don't see why they don't have marley down permanently. If they had any tap, I'd understand. But what we get is mostly contemporary and jazz, and I don't get the no marley thing.

I know when we go places, we have 3 rolls we slap down and tape in short order. It could be done. Wonder why it isn't???? I know they know better.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    As long as they had 5 minutes or so, they could've rolled out some Marley. In fact, I don't see why they don't have marley down permanently. If they had any tap, I'd understand. But what we get is mostly contemporary and jazz, and I don't get the no marley thing.
    That's what I wondered too. Do ballroom dancers use marley? What do they use on the tour?

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast