Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I have so been on the verge of never watching this show again, and if Cyrus and Tiffany win, I will seriously say goodbye to it. They are both sweet kids, but their dancing is nowhere near the calibre that this show used to uphold for its winners. Eliana and Chehon - I would be over the moon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    I have so been on the verge of never watching this show again, and if Cyrus and Tiffany win, I will seriously say goodbye to it. They are both sweet kids, but their dancing is nowhere near the calibre that this show used to uphold for its winners. Eliana and Chehon - I would be over the moon.
    You would stop watching the show just because of who the TV audience votes for in the final week? It's not like the judges haven't been doing their best to minimize the impact of ignorant bandwagon voters out in TV land, but by the final two weeks, they need to let the TV audience decide from among the remaining dancers or they will lose their incentive to vote . . . and maybe stop watching the show.

I feel badly for the well-trained, versatile male dancers who have been eliminated as Cyrus keeps winning the popularity contest, but on the other hand, Cyrus making it this far should be a huge inspiration to dancers around the country who don't even try out because their genre isn't mainstream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    I get Cyrus getting the votes, but where is Tiffany's fanbase? It's remarkable.
    Especially as she was one of the few dancers who hadn't been previewed in the audition episodes.

vCash
    If Eliana doesn't win, there is no justice in the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Especially as she was one of the few dancers who hadn't been previewed in the audition episodes.
    With viewership significantly down, anyone who has a well organized group behind him or her has a shot. Her school, her dance studio, her family and some power voting and she's got momentum. Sad but true.

Then again, maybe tween and young teen girls just like her. That demographic has made significant choices in the past...back when people actually watched this show.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Do we know if it has been renewed? I would think it might be in danger of not getting picked up again.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Very happy for Chehon, at least. Pulling for he and Eliana but I have a feeling the utterly "undefeated" Cyrus and Tiffany are winning. Blergh. (And I like Cyrus in general, but I really feel like he shouldn't win this.)

I get Cyrus getting the votes, but where is Tiffany's fanbase? It's remarkable.
    I know...Tiffany is just blah. I completely disagreed that she held her own with Benji. I tried to watch her but my eyes kept going back to him. She was stiff & unnatural in that dance.

As for Cyrus, I see the problems but it's not like Chehon & Cole are perfect. Chehon's partnering is mediocre most weeks & Cole is not very versatile. And there is something to be said about the ability to sell tickets. I've enjoyed some of their routines but would not buy a ticket for either Chehon or Cole. I would for Cyrus.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    If Witney had been partnered with Ryan it would have totally driven home how amateurish she is. She is absolutely not all-star material.
    And Tiffany is? And IMO Tiffany has zero sex appeal - why else would they keep calling her the girl next door? It's not just Witney she wrongfully outlasted...I was shocked that she was even in the top 20. Especially Amber, Amelia, & Lindsey should have beat her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubletoe View Post
    You would stop watching the show just because of who the TV audience votes for in the final week?
    Yes.

vCash
    It's a popularity contest. Holley.
    I've resigned myself to the idea that Cyrus will likely win "Men's favorite"; and Tiffany may well win the Ladies title.

I comfort myself with the thought that Chehon, Elliana; and those on tour, have been seen and will get offers to do other things as a result of SYTYCD.

vCash
    Yes.
    I would have stopped watching the show back in season 2 if I thought the same way.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Good point - I would have stopped after Allison was eliminated.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Why would you watch a show about "America's Favorite Dancer" then?

You probably won't have a choice about watching it for another season, unless they find another network for it.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Am I the only one who thought this about Tiffany and Benji???
    http://www.nanajos.com/product/210/benji-and-tiffany/
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I do wish they'd had a full All Star competition instead of just All Star partners.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Do we know if it has been renewed? I would think it might be in danger of not getting picked up again.
    oh is that why nigel was blessing fox's heart last night
    now it all makes sense
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    IMO Tiffany has zero sex appeal - why else would they keep calling her the girl next door? It's not just Witney she wrongfully outlasted...I was shocked that she was even in the top 20. Especially Amber, Amelia, & Lindsey should have beat her.
    All Witney has is a girlish sexiness. Not even real sex appeal. It's a kind of teenage ingenue coquettish wink. Initially, I thought Lindsay was superior to Witney, but she ran out of gas in the top 10 and I didn't care which of them went home last week. I don't understand why Tiffany and Audrey were even on the show. But I did think Tiffany did a decent jive with Benji and overall was tolerable last night. She's there and if I'm going to watch I should at least try to enjoy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Why would you watch a show about "America's Favorite Dancer" then?
    I enjoy torturing myself. How about you?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I enjoy torturing myself. How about you?
    I never watch it live, use my fast forward button liberally, make sure I've read about it here first -- I'm on the West coast, so it's easy -- and always have plenty of wine available.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I missed the beginning (and Benji's new nose ) due to Clinton's speech. .
    Here are Benji and Tiffani from last night
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I never watch it live, use my fast forward button liberally, make sure I've read about it here first -- I'm on the West coast, so it's easy -- and always have plenty of wine available.
    Yes, wine is a necessity! We tivo it so we don't have to watch the commercials. I am not to be taken seriously, folks! I know it's a popularity contest. I'm just having fun bitching in that great FSU tradition.....

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast