Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I agree. But she's still had her style more often than Witney.

They're my two favorite girls so I'm not really trying to praise Witney to the detriment of Eliana.

I've just read people talking about how versatile Tiffany is and I think that of the three she's been the most catered to.
    Eliana's had a ballet number? When? The number with Alex certainly wasn't ballet.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    Maybe the reason he seems so "unique" is because he is allowed to do the same thing over and over. Has Cole ever had choreo that required him to do a real leap? Has he been asked to show some fast, fluid movement?
    While I agreee that he seems to be getting similar roles lately, I don't think fast and fluid movements would be particularly difficult to a martial artist? Admittedly I went off to get tea during his fluff piece, so I missed which flavour martial arts he does (and if it's Krav Maga, I take the fluidity claim back ). I've danced for a dancer who also does wushu and she incorporates insanely quick and fluid martial arts moves into her routines. I'm not convinced Cole's a particularly good choreographer from watching his solos though.

Eliana is head and shoulders above everyone else for me, but out of the guys Chehon is growing on me a lot and might be overtaking Cole as my favourite among the guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    Eliana is head and shoulders above everyone else for me, but out of the guys Chehon is growing on me a lot and might be overtaking Cole as my favourite among the guys.
    I think this week's tango changed how a lot of people feel about Chehon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Eliana's had a ballet number? When? The number with Alex certainly wasn't ballet.
    She's not limited to ballet. She's also a contemporary dancer.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I think this week's tango changed how a lot of people feel about Chehon.
    I enjoyed his solos before, and I liked the sunflower dance, but I thought he really shone this week.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    what a missed opportunity! except that I loved their piece, so not really. But it would be super fab to show a real pas de deux!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    She's not limited to ballet. She's also a contemporary dancer.
    Most of the SYTYCD kids come in with more than one style. But the show slots them into one genre that is "theirs". For Eliana, that's ballet. I don't think there's ever been a purely ballet piece for contestants.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Most of the SYTYCD kids come in with more than one style. But the show slots them into one genre that is "theirs". For Eliana, that's ballet. I don't think there's ever been a purely ballet piece for contestants.
    Whatshername "naughty ballerina" got a pas de deux, IIRC.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I don't think there's ever been a purely ballet piece for contestants.
    In season five Melissa and Ade performed a pas de deux. I think it was Romeo and Juliet and Nigel made a comment about how happy he was to see a black Romeo. It was quite good. Obvious that Melissa coached Ade through it and he learned quickly.

I too was looking forward to a ballet duet for Eliana and Alex. Maybe in the finale.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Oh, that's right! I luuuuurved Melissa - and especially Melissa and Ade Would love to see another pad de deux routine - and how awesome if they took advantage of Alex's ballet expertise so both partners would be able to shine?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Oh, that's right! I luuuuurved Melissa - and especially Melissa and Ade Would love to see another pad de deux routine - and how awesome if they took advantage of Alex's ballet expertise so both partners would be able to shine?
    The ultimate would be Eliana and Alex, but it's possible we'll see it next week with Eliana and Chehon. The top six week they usually have the competitors dance with each other and an all star.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Got to watch it tonight, and yes, Chehon was IT. That tango blew me completely away. We had to rewatch it a couple of times.

Eliana and Chehon are my two favorites, and that's pretty prejudiced of me because of the ballet factor. But...they look like two much more polished professionals out there-especially in performance quality-and everyone else is cute, sweet, lovely, etc. But just not up to their standard of performance. They make the others look very amateurish. I've always liked Chehon....like Cole too.

Liked the Will/Lauren hiphop pretty well too. Will needs some focused, disciplined technical training for about a year. He has some really nice qualities and great performing abilities, likeability, but he's just sloppy. He's so tall, I know it's harder for him. But good enough I wish he'd focus.

Eliana, Eliana, Eliana......and where the heck did Tiffany come from anyway? She's a cutie, but ????? I don't get it. Ade did all the work in that piece. She struck some nice poses midair and kept her toes pointed.....

I recall all the past years of always having one girl I just HATED. Kerrington, and especially Kayla. Molly. (Sorry-even last year's winner....I know....I'm horrible.) Maybe I'm becoming a better person, but I like everyone this year. Nobody's getting on my last nerve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post

Eliana, Eliana, Eliana......and where the heck did Tiffany come from anyway? She's a cutie, but ????? I don't get it. Ade did all the work in that piece. She struck some nice poses midair and kept her toes pointed.....

I recall all the past years of always having one girl I just HATED. Kerrington, and especially Kayla. Molly. (Sorry-even last year's winner....I know....I'm horrible.) Maybe I'm becoming a better person, but I like everyone this year. Nobody's getting on my last nerve.
    Not like Ryan Ramierez, eh? She got crammed down our throats more than anyone else last season.

I quite like Melanie's dancing; I just think she is the very hardest person to costume they've ever had.

vCash
    OMG - Ryan. Thanks a bunch for the reminder!

I don't know why I don't like Melanie or her dancing. It's just a personal preference and I'm not criticizing her or being negative. She just didn't speak to me. Don't want to be ugly. She just wasn't my cup of tea.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    what a missed opportunity! except that I loved their piece, so not really. But it would be super fab to show a real pas de deux!
    But then they'd have to find a ballet choreographer, and the closest thing they had they put on the judging panel. (I wouldn't trust them to know the difference between contemporary dance en pointe and ballet, anyway.)

I'm not getting the Chehon love. I re-wound and watched that Tango several times, and it did nothing for me. I find him stiff when he's not doing solos. Anya looked wonderful, though.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Millipied could choreograph a strict ballet piece in a heartbeat I'm very sure, regardless of that contemporary yawn-fest he put together from last week. I think the stage surface might not be conducive to pointe shoes although Eliana did just fine with her solo, which was definitely contemporary. But I don't think I've seen anyone on this show yet dance on pointe with the difficulty and complexity of what ballet on pointe can be-and I think maybe it's the surface. Just too dangerous. Maybe, maybe not. Dancers on pointe fuss and ruminate over perfect surfaces laid down and loved on just for them.... I remember LA Ballet did a piece a few years ago on pointe, and they looked very tentative.

I was looking at the 3 girls left last night all lined up after Lindsay got axed. The difference in musculature and shape of Eliana's legs compared to the other girls was striking. All had pretty legs. Eliana's were to die for and much more developed.

Kwanfan...I will love Chehon for you. No worries! I think his carriage/posture in the tango was perfect and very macho, which is what you want in a tango.

vCash
    They've been taking choreographers from SYTYCD Canada more this season...can they get Karen Kain or Rex Harrington to come down and do a pas de deux? That would be lovely although both are working with the National Ballet.

vCash
    kwanfan1818 wrote:

I disagree that all of the other guys are so much better than he, but, besides that, they must have changed it from "America's Best Dancer" to "America's Favorite Dancer" for a reason.
    As long as I've been watching the show (since season two) it's always been "America's Favourite Dancer".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ngcskate View Post
    kwanfan1818 wrote:

As long as I've been watching the show (since season two) it's always been "America's Favourite Dancer".
    The change happened between Seasons 1 and 2.

vCash
    Millipied could choreograph a strict ballet piece in a heartbeat I'm very sure, regardless of that contemporary yawn-fest he put together from last week. I think the stage surface might not be conducive to pointe shoes although Eliana did just fine with her solo, which was definitely contemporary. But I don't think I've seen anyone on this show yet dance on pointe with the difficulty and complexity of what ballet on pointe can be-and I think maybe it's the surface. Just too dangerous. Maybe, maybe not. Dancers on pointe fuss and ruminate over perfect surfaces laid down and loved on just for them.... I remember LA Ballet did a piece a few years ago on pointe, and they looked very tentative.

I was looking at the 3 girls left last night all lined up after Lindsay got axed. The difference in musculature and shape of Eliana's legs compared to the other girls was striking. All had pretty legs. Eliana's were to die for and much more developed.

Kwanfan...I will love Chehon for you. No worries! I think his carriage/posture in the tango was perfect and very macho, which is what you want in a tango.
    Thanks for sharing Holley.

Beach Bum
    vCash

Will needs some focused, disciplined technical training for about a year. He has some really nice qualities and great performing abilities, likeability, but he's just sloppy. He's so tall, I know it's harder for him. But good enough I wish he'd focus.
    ITA huge potential, needs refining.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast