Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

vCash
    Very happy for Chehon and Eliana.........very deserving of the wins.......America got it right!!..........(even without us Canucks voting )
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I just am watching now.

This best of show is reminding me how awful this season really was.

I still can't tell the difference between Audrey and Tiffany.

Witney did that hip hop routine better the first time around.

vCash

Wink

Congrats to Eliana and Chehon! Well deserved!!

On a complete different topic, I had no idea that Allison and Twitch were a couple!! Love it!!

http://www.dancespirit.com/2012/08/i...ns-love-story/

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Two of my little teenage bunheads stuck this up on Facebook. I think it's hysterical and appropriate since the two "ballet" people won.

http://ohballet.tumblr.com/

vCash
    I just saw the Lion King group number and dare I say that Ade just absolutely killed it. Just amazing. It's so sad to me that he's such a fantastic partner that choreographers don't showcase him more because of how he can support his partner.

Witney also did really well in that routine. Again, I was surprised.

vCash
    Just one question... Since they choreographed a new number around Cyrus for the finale including two all-stars and a choreographer, do we get a ballet number with Eliana, Chehon, Alex Wong, and Desmond Richardson?

vCash
    Another note... They have so few actual "best" routines from the season that this show is full of filler!

vCash
    Nothing wrong with the dancers this season, but the choreography seemed much weaker on average than in any of the past several seasons.

I do not understand why they keep Tyce around as a choreographer at all, and I would not put Mandy Moore far ahead of him. And despite all the tongue baths, Travis' choreography is pretty boring, imo. I hope they do a refresh on the choreographers if there is a next season.

vCash
    The choreography sucked most of the time.
    I can only remember Elliana & Alex. And Chehon's Paso.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    It looked like the judges/choreographers went out of their way to choose each of the top 10 ten dancers as their favorites. Will have to go back and check.

I am positively thrilled with the results!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    However, I don't think they ever had marley. Marley isn't cheap, but it's an investment. Putting it down takes less than 30 minutes if you know what you're doing. I agree about the shared sound stage, but I just can't conceive that it would cost $24,000 to put down a few rolls of marley at least for the shows. It just doesn't take that long. Or am I totally out of touch with union costs? I could be, in which case, I'm joining that damn union.
    It's the minimum hours rules that kill. The general luggers and tuggers are in a different union than the set design folks so they're new people to pay. If they could just hire folks for 30 minutes or use the set folks, it wouldn't cost that much. They can either hire them to install then pay them to sit around until the removal, or they can pay minimum hours for the install and again for the removal. It does add up.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    It looked like the judges/choreographers went out of their way to choose each of the top 10 ten dancers as their favorites.
    I'm not surprised that they spread things around. Sasha and Melanie could barely stand for the results when they were announced last time. IIRC, both of them had 5 routines on the performance finale and another 7 on the results night.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Fabulous results for each! Particularly surprised but thrilled by Chehon's win.
    Amen to that!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I was so disappointed that my local station is still repairing their antenna and I didn't get to do pbp for probably the final time. I'm happy Eliana won!
    I can comment on the season as a whole though; and I think the last few weeks have been great, and it almost made up for the doldrums of the middle season.

I think Mia did some of her best pieces this season, and some of the new choreographers were great.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I almost skipped the finale, but glad I watched. I barely remember what got shown though - am I dreaming or did Tiffany perform 3 times, while the other finalists performed only twice? I liked the new Christopher Scott dance - but was someone else supposed to perform? I saw Christopher do a couple of side checks to see where others were - he obviously did the choreo really well, but it looked like perhaps he wasn't originally slated to perform. And it doesn't seem likely that he would perform that piece on tour, so who will instead?

YAY getting to see Amelia and Will. Honestly, that and "Bang Bang" were the highlights of the finale.

SO HAPPY for Eliana and Chehon
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I remember thinking the exact same thing when they were dancing side by side after they made the show.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Yes you can, just look at the feet. Audrey's are pointed and arched, Tiffany's are not very flexible so her feet don't point well.

Did I miss something? Apart from group numbers, did Tiffany get 3 routines, plus group numbers? Eliana got 1 plus group numbers? Chehon 2, and Cyrus 2 with one of them being new. Did I miss an Eliana routine?

They skipped most of my faves: the 2 Sonya routines from week 2 (Amelia/Will; Audrey/Matt) and anything with Allison.

So the prize this year was $100,000 and a magazine cover? Anything else? I know there are 2 of them, but in the past, winners got $250,000 and a car or Gatorade ads (which I assume paid something).
    Last edited by Rob; 09-19-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Did I miss something? Apart from group numbers, did Tiffany get 3 routines, plus group numbers? Eliana got 1 plus group numbers? Chehon 2, and Cyrus 2 with one of them being new. Did I miss an Eliana routine?
    I don't think so ... last night I was wondering/worrying if Eliana only getting one routine was a bad sign about the final results, but perhaps it was to throw Tiffany a bit of a "consolation prize"?
    They skipped most of my faves: the 2 Sonya routines from week 2 (Amelia/Will; Audrey/Matt) and anything with Allison.
    While I was happy to see Amelia/Will again, even if it was just in their first week's "Love Cats" routine, I would have much preferred their week 2 from Sonya. And I was hoping that Alison would appear last night -- perhaps she had a conflict?

Since I wasn't able to watch any of the shows for three weeks, I didn't even know who had made the finale until I saw promos for last night. So very happy that Eliana and Chehon won! Surprised that Cyrus didn't, but glad that Chehon was the men's winner.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    The choreography sucked most of the time.
    I can only remember Elliana & Alex. And Chehon's Paso.
    I also liked the cats number with Amelia and Will.

vCash
    So happy for Eliana and Chehon!!! I did notice that during the big group hug at the end as the camera was panning around they got Alex Wong screaming 'BALLET!!!" and pointing at the winners. Well, if his achilles hadn't ruptured I have no doubt he'd have won his season, thus making three ballet winners.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast