Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    I guess that I'm the only one who thought the kids were annoying.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    I guess that I'm the only one who thought the kids were annoying.
    no, you arent alone. an awful lot of time was devoted to that filler.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I missed last season do to work. Thankfully hours were changed, so now I can watch. Question, though, is Mary still a judge? Hopefully, not...never really liked her.

vCash
    I've only watched the New York segment so far. I thought the street performer with the amazing tricks shouldn't have gotten a straight trip to Vegas - who knows if he can do anything else? And I would have cut the guy whose mom tried to commit suicide. I didn't think he was very good at all & I seriously doubt whether he can do choreography. The 20's girl wasn't impressive either. OTOH Swiss Guy was amazing. He was my fav so far.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I liked '20s girl, but she was obviously told to emphasize that part of her personality, and if she gets into the top 20 (or however many they're doing this year - and I doubt she will), she will be completely pigeonholed. For that reason, I don't want her in the top 20.

The guy known for flipping had AMAZING musicality. For all the pre-hype, he didn't do that much flipping in his audition.

The mom...I usually hate that stuff and they spent way too much time on her damned kids (really? there weren't enough other interesting dancers to show?), but I loved her dancing. Watching her made me realize how much more interesting dancers over the age of 25 are. Would way rather watch a show of only 25+ dancers than all the teenagers and barely-20s we usually get.

The guy who was edited as the Jerk...pretty much said what many many many viewers have been saying online for years: STOP wasting time on people who obviously are not going through. I wonder if the interview with Cat was done after the audition, though, because in the interview he came across as really belligerent and pissed, and in the audition, he seemed taken aback at being questioned, and it did affect his dance (I do believe this - footage of him dancing outside in line looked pretty amazing, and his audition for the judges was underwhelming). I don't disagree with his not going through, but that segment reeked of edited exagerration.

Loved Swiss guy!

Not enough Cat
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    By far, the standout person for me was the exorcist guy. The way they were promoting him along with zombie guy made me think he was going to be really scary...but I was really shocked by what he did with that performance. I found myself crying by the end of it. I can't even explain why but that was incredible...It was just raw emotion in a way that I've never seen before, especially from someone in that style. He took Mary down; she was close to bawling! Amazing audition from him. I agree with Nigel about not caring if he can dance any other style; just to witness that was amazing.
    This..
    But other than him, I was underwhelmed with the ones they sent to Vegas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I want me some Aussie!
    Hands off! Mine.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    The mom...I usually hate that stuff and they spent way too much time on her damned kids (really? there weren't enough other interesting dancers to show?), but I loved her dancing. Watching her made me realize how much more interesting dancers over the age of 25 are. Would way rather watch a show of only 25+ dancers than all the teenagers and barely-20s we usually get.
    I really like her (but could have done with 1/2 the time spent on her kids). I do think a lot of the older dancers sometimes have a lot more depth to their dancing -- it's not just all about the technique.
    The guy who was edited as the Jerk...pretty much said what many many many viewers have been saying online for years: STOP wasting time on people who obviously are not going through. I wonder if the interview with Cat was done after the audition, though, because in the interview he came across as really belligerent and pissed, and in the audition, he seemed taken aback at being questioned, and it did affect his dance (I do believe this - footage of him dancing outside in line looked pretty amazing, and his audition for the judges was underwhelming).
    I thought that Nigel referred to his interview with Cat when he was giving his critique to the hamster/gerbil guy -- and called him out on his attitude in that, too.
    I don't disagree with his not going through, but that segment reeked of edited exagerration.
    Too bad if he really was a much better dancer than his audition performance showed, but in his interview he was saying stuff like "I really don't like this show at all -- and I don't care if I don't make it" -- to which Cat asked, "Then why are you auditioning?" which I thought was a very good question. I don't know what his problem was, but perhaps he was being so negative/defensive as a sort of "sour grapes beforehand."
    Loved Swiss guy!
    He was one of my favorites last night.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    I thought that Nigel referred to his interview with Cat when he was giving his critique to the hamster/gerbil guy -- and called him out on his attitude in that, too.
    He didn't specifically say anything about the interview with Cat - but there is clearly some form that the people fill out with info about them that the judges sometimes reference. Could be that he mentioned not liking how unqualified dancers often get air time (and the implication is that they get through to the judge round when many better dancers don't even get that far) as part of the initial interview.

Too bad if he really was a much better dancer than his audition performance showed, but in his interview he was saying stuff like "I really don't like this show at all -- and I don't care if I don't make it" -- to which Cat asked, "Then why are you auditioning?" which I thought was a very good question. I don't know what his problem was, but perhaps he was being so negative/defensive as a sort of "sour grapes beforehand."He was one of my favorites last night.
    Totally agree, and during the Cat interview I was like, why is this guy here, especially since he clearly showed up with a costume to make himself stand out...but his attitude in the actual audition was very different than the one in the interview. It just would make more sense if the audition happened first and then he got really pissed and was sullen in the interview.

Or he's just a jerk, but a jerk with a point.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    He didn't specifically say anything about the interview with Cat - but there is clearly some form that the people fill out with info about them that the judges sometimes reference. Could be that he mentioned not liking how unqualified dancers often get air time (and the implication is that they get through to the judge round when many better dancers don't even get that far) as part of the initial interview.
    I actually thought Nigel did reference the interview with Cat -- but my memory isn't the best, so I could be wrong. Some of his (Kipper's) comments seemed like they would have made more sense BEFORE his audition, rather than after he failed to make the cut.
    Totally agree, and during the Cat interview I was like, why is this guy here, especially since he clearly showed up with a costume to make himself stand out...but his attitude in the actual audition was very different than the one in the interview. It just would make more sense if the audition happened first and then he got really pissed and was sullen in the interview.

Or he's just a jerk, but a jerk with a point.
    Or, as Mary sort of suggested, that he just wanted to be on TV, and was acting the way he was to up the odds that they'd include some of his footage. In other words, 2012's version of "Sex" or whatever his name was from several seasons back.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Missed it, darn it. Is there a youtube link to the exorcist guy and the swiss guy?

...an acquired taste
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I want me some Aussie!
    Didn't he audition a couple of seasons ago as well?

vCash
    I wonder if the interview with Cat was done after the audition, though, because in the interview he came across as really belligerent and pissed, and in the audition, he seemed taken aback at being questioned, and it did affect his dance (I do believe this - footage of him dancing outside in line looked pretty amazing, and his audition for the judges was underwhelming).
    At the very end of the segment, Nigel said under his breath to the other judges that what the guy said to Cat was just vile. That made me think that the interview was definitely before the audition. And that he was deliberately baited during the audition.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Saw the show. By a long shot, the Exorcist was the best for me. I was in tears. I was in awe all the way through his dance. The best.

I liked the last guy too, who danced for his Mom who was going blind. He managed emotion and expression with decent technique and you could tell he had some training.

I liked the 20's girl for some odd reason. Just got through with a Jacqueline Windspear novel, so maybe that's why.

Didn't mind the kids-it was cute. That baby loved being onstage and that's half the battle.

Aussie and Swiss boys were handsome and buff but not all that technically. Yawn.

Thanks God not too many contemp gurlz.

Exorcist guy-the best!

vCash
    Nigel definitely said to Hamster guy "what you said to Cat out there was disgusting" (or something like that). I read this as -- we did not see the worst of the interview.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slicekw View Post
    The amazing thing was how expressively his body told the story with the words. I have a feeling it was him doing the voice and it was the story of him and his mom, but that's just a guess.
    I agree, he was so expressive and I loved his performance. The song was actually "Look What You've Done" by a famous music artist, Drake. He's from Toronto and the song is believed to be about an ex, but yes, I think Leo (the dancer) was speaking, at least in part, to his relationship with his mother. I really like Drake's music, and would love to see more dancers use it. Some of his stuff lends itself well to lyrical hip hop and contemporary. "Take care" featuring Rihanna is a great track, that I am dying to see performed by a rhythmically adept dancer.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 05-28-2012 at 07:48 AM.

vCash
    Nice photo with Alex Wong (not credited) in a NY Times article about Tony nominees for choreography:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/29/th...-nominees.html

vCash
    BUMP! Jesse Tyler Ferguson! First repeat green mile dancer!

ETA: This poor Whacking kid. He picked the wrong guess judge for this Love his attitude--he's very good natured when he'd have every reason to be a bit put off.

I don't know if he can actually "whack" but they should have him choreograph the disco routines instead of Doriana Sanchez.
    Last edited by Matryeshka; 05-31-2012 at 01:15 AM.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    If this girl doesn't make it on the show, I will and and stamp my tiny little foot and pretend it's on Nigel's head.

She has REAL talent--not sure why she's auditioninig for this show. Surely, she's above this. But I'm glad I got to see her dance. So beautiful and underplayed. AND she does pole dancing!!

Why is she not an ice dancer?
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I thought the Whacking kid was very good natured too, and his whacking was better than I expected.

Wow- the pole dancer girl gets the early lead in our house. That was lovely.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast