Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Ten has a natural ease and artistry in his movements. Indeed if he can get his TES up, it will be great for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Is PeterG in red and Rock2 in blue?
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I never got into Jeremy Ten, but i think I am going to go back and rewatch some if his programs.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I never got into Jeremy Ten, but i think I am going to go back and rewatch some if his programs.
    I will hold back on my red blob until you report back to us............
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Peter G, I really like Ten. His LP last year was gorgeous. Before his last injury he totally got the 3A. High and great in the air. He genuinely had the jump.

I was looking for a significant step up this year with last year being his comeback year, but it's not happening. I'll give it until nationals. If he doesn't do something special at challenge or nats then I wouldn't even be surprised if he retired after this season.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Truce accepted. I take back those 8,753 punches to your face since the post.

Sorry 'bout yer nose by the way....
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Check out the senior men's challenge entries

http://results.skatecanada.ca/2012-2...tartOrders.pdf

vCash
    OK, my eyes just about bugged out of my head at one particular name. Here's the first 5 names ... guess which one caused me to bug eye

#
    Senior Men Short Program
    December 5, 2012 to December 9, 2012
    Regina, SK
    2013 Skate Canada Challenge
    Name
    Starting Order
    Section
    1 Dustin Sherriff-Clayton CO
    2 Samuel Morais QC
    3 Garrett Gosselin SK
    4 Charles Dion QC
    5 Emanuel Sandhu BC/YT

If you guessed the person who is listed as #5, you would be correct. Another comeback attempt?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Emanuel didn't skate at BC/YT Sections so I'm not sure how he could have qualified for Challenge.

ETA: I think Emanuel's name should actually be Liam Firus as I don't see him on the list. Or, if Liam has a bye to Nationals ( I can't remember if he does ) then Jeremy Ten is still missing and he placed second at Sections.
    Last edited by mag; 11-26-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Reynolds is like a more technical Canadian Addam Rippon version
    but just still cant put everything together, he has immense talent no doubt

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Firus has a bye (senior grand prix) as does Ten (top three from 2012 Canadians).
    Presumably Sandhu could get a bye through sectionals as there were fewer than four entered who weren't already byed (for example Mitchell Gordon who skated at sectionals but had a bye through sectionals based on his JGP assignments).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Firus has a bye (senior grand prix) as does Ten (top three from 2012 Canadians).
    Presumably Sandhu could get a bye through sectionals as there were fewer than four entered who weren't already byed (for example Mitchell Gordon who skated at sectionals but had a bye through sectionals based on his JGP assignments).
    This just occurred to me as well but you beat me to it. I did a little fishing and apparently Sandhu has been practicing. According to my source the triples are back. Not sure if that means the axel or not.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The name that popped out for me is "Garrett Gosselin.". His Junior Men's SP in Victoria was one of the most beautiful programs I've ever seen, and I was afraid he'd quit skating.

(I'm still over Karolin Metivier leaving.)
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    The name that popped out for me is "Garrett Gosselin.". His Junior Men's SP in Victoria was one of the most beautiful programs I've ever seen, and I was afraid he'd quit skating.
    Same here. I thought and assumed Garrett left the sport. Loved his SP in Victoria although it had two mistakes in it. I hope he has added some jumps/consistency. Looking forward to seeing what happens here.

Firus should skate. Needs mileage...unless his coaches feel it best he conserve funds and stay home and train, too. Not like he's going to worlds....

vCash
    IIRC, Gosselin was injured sometime in the second half of 2011, but I can't remember what the injury was. He may have even skated at a summer competition or two last year. I think he just didn't have enough time to recover in time for Challenge.

I am also thrilled to see him back, but wonder why he didn't make the rounds this summer and fall. Hope he's healthy now!

vCash
    I am psyched to see Garrett Back. He was wonderful in Victoria. I was sitting near his Mom and had a nice little chat with her. Too bad the "first place nerves" bit him in the long. And he's from Saskatchewan!!!

vCash
    I am also thrilled to see him back, but wonder why he didn't make the rounds this summer and fall
    He skated at Sask Open, Octoberfest and Sask. Sectionals this season. He has been improving quite rapidly, as his scores show:
    Sask Open short 36.81; long 105.39; total 142.20
    Octoberfest short 53.72; long 103.,40; total 157.12
    Sask sectionals short 60.57; long 112.35; total 172.92

Also the protocols from the competitions show he is landing more jumps with each competition. He still has a long way to go jump-wise to be truly competitive in senior, but it is great to see him back and starting to return to his old form.

In juniors I'll be watching Peter O'Brien with interest. He's last season's junior silver medallist, but apparently didn't skate in any competition this season until EOS sectionals, which suggests that he was injured. I think he's still young enough to be on the JGP next season, so his skate at nationals might be very important for him despite already having a junior medal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post

(I'm still over Karolin Metivier leaving.)
    I'm glad I'm not the only one!
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Peter G, I really like Ten. His LP last year was gorgeous. Before his last injury he totally got the 3A. High and great in the air. He genuinely had the jump.

I was looking for a significant step up this year with last year being his comeback year, but it's not happening. I'll give it until nationals. If he doesn't do something special at challenge or nats then I wouldn't even be surprised if he retired after this season.
    He came back from injury too soon, and then, if I followed his tweets correctly, he was having some bad boot issues that were solved within the last month or two when he was fitted for new ones (and maybe from a different manufacturer.)
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    It's amazing that with the lack of depth that the Canadian men has 3 spots at Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    It's amazing that with the lack of depth that the Canadian men has 3 spots at Worlds.
    Definitely luck plays a role here - Gachinski, Voronov, Rippon, van der Perren, and Verner all underperformed. If it's any consolation, Canada tends to lose three spots every time it has three (2011, 2009, 2007) so we'll probably lose them here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast