Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Ross Miner re-launches his official website

Here's the link: http://www.rossminer.net/

I like what he wrote on the front page of his site - excerpts:
    I am proud to be a skater. ... However, it’s a lot of hard work. Don’t be fooled by the sparkly costumes and the lyrical music; for me and for my competitors to skate at our level, the training, both on and off-ice, as well as maintaining consistency, is very tough. In fact, publications like Sports Illustrated and USA Today have included “landing a quadruple jump” in their lists of the most difficult things to do in sports. As I practice my quad jumps, I completely agree with them!
    In fact, my biggest inspiration is my 91-year-old grandfather, who grew up on a farm in Missouri during the Great Depression, was a SeaBee in the Navy during World War II, and started his own successful construction company. He is my biggest fan (sorry, Mom and Dad) and when I went to visit him in his home in Iowa after Four Continents this past February, he said to me, “Just try as hard as you can. That’s all anyone can ask.” I try to live up to his request every day.
    His March 2012 blog recaps his 2011-12 season: http://www.rossminer.net/blog/files/...dd0e70b-0.html

@AlexShibutani checking out my new site http://www.rossminer.net ! Be sure to check it out, as I'll be updating it often!
    Photo of Alex Shibutani giving a thumbs up on Ross' site from Hawaii: http://twitter.com/rossminer/status/...117569/photo/1

ETA: US Figure Skating in running a contest on their Twitter and Facebook in conjunction with the site launch.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-23-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Shibutani has been ribbing him non-stop on Twitter, which has been great publicity for the launch.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    2009 FUNNY: SKATING OUTTAKES (found this linked on his site's Videos page): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C3LeZ_Ji2Q
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thank you for posting the link to Ross' website. I have been a fan of
    Ross for a couple of years now, very talented young man.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    2009 FUNNY: SKATING OUTTAKES (found this linked on his site's Videos page): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C3LeZ_Ji2Q
    I love a skater's ability to laugh at themselves.

He was awesome at Four Continents, Nationals and NHK last season, too.

Go Ross!

vCash
    Thanks for the link. I need my Ross fix at least once a week!

vCash

Ross Miner's new website!

www.rossminer.net

It's worth checking out for the photos alone! Well done, Ross.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I started a thread in the Trash Can yesterday :
    [ETA: link removed now that the threads have been merged]

(I may be wrong but am under the impression that all skater website threads belonged there and not in GSD?)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-24-2012 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    The photo of the thousand origami cranes with his US bronze medal was awesome!

Great blog writing (and skating) Ross!

vCash
    Sweet. I admire Ross a great deal!

vCash
    Cool site. I like this skater and hope he does well in coming seasons, all through Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Sweet. I admire Ross a great deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by viennese View Post
    Cool site. I like this skater and hope he does well in coming seasons, all through Olympics.

Same here. I hope he does the Liberty Summer Competition again!

vCash
    I really enjoyed his site! Until this season I thought of Ross as more of a technician, but that has changed. Can't wait to see his new programs. I really did not care for his short program music so am looking forward to something new.

Love his attitute!! Go Ross

vCash

New Programs Announced

Ross announced his new programs via an article on ice network: Link to article via his website rossminer.NET in PRESS under MULTIMEDIA.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Also linked here and here in GSD.

vCash
    Great Q & A with Ross!

He discusses his new programs and dishes on Boston being site of 2014 Nationals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...HxluIJVbg&NR=1

Very interesting responses to some of the questions --

Ross loves Michal Brezina's triple axel, the emotion Dai has when he skates, and he thinks Jonathan Cassar's spread eagle is one of the coolest moves in figure skating.

If he skated pairs, Ross would love to skate with Gretchen Donlan or Marissa Castelli.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 06-15-2012 at 05:58 PM.

vCash
    Bumping this back up for those who may have missed it the first time around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Bumping this back up for those who may have missed it the first time around.
    Thanks for the bump. I love Ross's front page statement. I'm not sure if anyone else if having the same problem, but when I click the website, the header photo covers up part of the text. For example, I am unable to read the first paragraph on the homepage b/c it's covered by the header.

vCash
    ^^ I don't have a problem with the header, but it is fairly over-sized. It might help if the designer cut it down a little. I have a problem with the text on the right side being cut off, but I changed the zoom setting on my computer to make the text smaller, and then I can use the right/ left scroll at the bottom of my screen. You might be able to use the zoom on your computer to make the text smaller and see if that helps.

Ross's bio page is interesting to read too, and he's included some cute younger pics of himself. Also, under "Multimedia" he includes videos and short interviews during 2012 Nationals and 2011 Worlds.

ETA:
    Looks like Ross needs to do some updating, but I'm sure he's kind of busy preparing for Nationals right now, so I can wait.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 11-29-2012 at 04:31 AM.

vCash
    These tumblr pics and captions are fun and funny re Ross "Boss" Miner and other skaters, including Shibs, Adam, Ricky, 2012 U.S. Men's podium, 2011 U.S. Men's podium, 2012 NHK bronze medal club et al.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/ross-miner