Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I sort of thought tonight was a little bit of a let down. Was expecting great choreography from Cherylnot that the dance wasn't good, but I was expecting more. Why was Kathryn wearing those nursing shoes, I'm sure for the height issue, and needing to do the lifts. Why does it have to be about the lifts? Donald and Peta had the best lifts in my humble option, but I bet if disney kid was still there we would have seen some awesome dancing. I don't care who wins.

vCash
    Meh again for me for William...

Katherine (although I thought the shoes were fugly and distracting)

Loved Donald!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebetty View Post
    I sort of thought tonight was a little bit of a let down. Was expecting great choreography from Cherylnot that the dance wasn't good, but I was expecting more. Why was Kathryn wearing those nursing shoes, I'm sure for the height issue, and needing to do the lifts. Why does it have to be about the lifts? Donald and Peta had the best lifts in my humble option, but I bet if disney kid was still there we would have seen some awesome dancing. I don't care who wins.
    I agree about the lifts - zzzzzz....
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    The lifts looked labored. (Of course I'm spoiled by ice dancers.)

vCash
    Katherine was finally back in peak form. So happy she danced so well, though i am surprised Len didn't say something like 'you didn't need to do that singing in the beginning' for her freestyle. And I would have liked it more with better shoes, but LOVED her Paso. She also really lucked out with the music - perfect for the Paso, and also (mostly, except for her voice) instrumental for the freestyle - no distractions by the terrible singers.

Donald - did nothing during his Argentine, but his freestyle was my favourite dance of the night. And that was a huge risk, since he not only reminded people of Drew's iconic dance, but he did the same style. but I think it paid off. And loved his extremely accurate predictions for what William and Katherine would be doing. Though why did he say that everyone would expect him to do hip hop?

William - his Cha Cha looked like a week 1 cha cha. His hip action is great, but he's so clunky. And I think they should have picked a jive for his dance, since he messed up badly on that one. And his freestyle was very boring.

I put all my votes for Katherine, though I'd be okay with Donald winning, if only because of his freestyle. My dad predicts that William will be the first to go, then Katherine will be 2nd, and Donald will win. I told him he needs to remember that there are a lot of horny women out there.

Based on actual dancing though, Katherine is by far the best. Fingers crossed!

vCash
    I mentioned it before, but I can't get over how awful Katherine's shoes were. They made her look clunky during her dance.

vCash
    Katherine for the win! (I wish the other final two were Roshon and Maria. Oh, well.)
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    I thought william was just competent. All he does is wiggle his hips and stand around. I don't think the freestyle dance moved out of a 4 foot area.

I thought Donald's freestyle was fabulous. The Argentine was okay. His shoulders really bothered me.

I thought Katherine won the night. Both dances were great. The one lift in the freestyle (the one where she put her leg up over Mark's shoulder) looked a bit awkward coming out of it. But, it was not enough of a glitch to hurt the dance. As far as the shoes, they were ugly, but they were in period.

I'm hoping Katherine wins. Of all of the stars, she is the best technically and she seems so overjoyed to be in it and doing well.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    The William tongue bathing in the first dance and by Carrie Ann and Bruno in the freestyle was silly and completely undeserved. I'm so glad Len called out their freestyle as being nothing different from how Cheryl's been packaging him in every Latin dance.

I agree that Katherine won the night overall, though I also agree that her freestyle lifts were a little labored. The Paso was fabulous, classy, sharp, great lines, everything she's been all season. Donald's freestyle was great, the best and most entertaining of the 3, but Katherine's was also very good. Katherine has been my girl all along, and she got my votes. However, I hope that Donald is 2nd, and good for Peta doing a great job on his freestyle.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Grooving!
    vCash
    Loved Donald's freestyle! But I'm admittedly a sucker for Cowboy Troy. Also really liked Katherine's freestyle, but I agree about the shoes. WTH were they thinking?? UUUUGLY.

Threw all my votes to Katherine.

Off to get ready for the finale party tonight. 10 women, rhinestones, booze, and a hot tub. I LOVE the finale!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
    Loved Donald's freestyle! But I'm admittedly a sucker for Cowboy Troy. Also really liked Katherine's freestyle, but I agree about the shoes. WTH were they thinking?? UUUUGLY.

Threw all my votes to Katherine.

Off to get ready for the finale party tonight. 10 women, rhinestones, booze, and a hot tub. I LOVE the finale!!
    Sounds like FUN! Have a great time!

vCash
    My rankings:

Katherine

--gap--

Donald

--big gap--

William

Katherine has real skills with more difficult choreography than anyone else.
    She gives her best effort to every dance, delivering the maximum performance possible,

Donald works hard.
    Peta, smartly, has structured his dances to showcase his best quality: masculine "strength".
    He lacks subtlety and polish. However, "Packer Nation" responds.

William plays to the core audience he's had from the start.
    As others have said: "Horny women and Gay men".
    He has a "story", for those who want/need that.
    Because he's relied on all of it, without improving much as a dancer during the competition, it's gotten "old", now.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 05-22-2012 at 02:52 PM.

vCash
    As I saw it, if this was a regular ballroom competition, Katherine had the best competitive dance, Donald had the best showcase.

Tonite will be interesting. I doubt William will be able to absorb anything new in 24 hours, and Cheryl has a hard time moving him around the floor. He might be able to get a 10 out of Bruno, but Len won't be suckered. Katherine should be able to do the 24 hour dance unless Mark gets too ambitious on the highlights. Look for a perfect score unless they stumble. Donald's the wild card.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Finally saw an entire DWTS broadcast from start to finish. Anyway, I thought that Katherine clearly was the best in both her dances, but enjoyed Donald's freestyle. And while there have been one or two of William's dances where he surprised me by being much better than I had expected, for the most part I've been unimpressed by him. Last night was no exception.

About Katherine's shoes -- they were very distracting, but they didn't need to be. While they certainly aren't the most attractive style -- it was the extreme contrast between her bedazzled dress and these "sporty" shoes that made them stand out in a negative way. If her costume had been more casual, then it wouldn't have looked like such a fashion "don't."
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    William plays to the core audience he's had from the start.
    As others have said: "Horny women and Gay men".
    He has a "story", for those who want/need that.
    Because he's relied on all of it, without improving much as a dancer during the competition, it's gotten "old", now.
    Donald has a "story," too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    About Katherine's shoes -- they were very distracting, but they didn't need to be. While they certainly aren't the most attractive style -- it was the extreme contrast between her bedazzled dress and these "sporty" shoes that made them stand out in a negative way. If her costume had been more casual, then it wouldn't have looked like such a fashion "don't."
    I was thinking the same thing: her dress had so much bling on it and the shoes were so plain. If they had added crystals to the shoes, it would have looked much better. The shoes were just plain, BRIGHT white. Almost looked like nurses uniform shoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    I was thinking the same thing: her dress had so much bling on it and the shoes were so plain. If they had added crystals to the shoes, it would have looked much better. The shoes were just plain, BRIGHT white. Almost looked like nurses uniform shoes.
    Mark should have changed the theme of the dance, so they could have dance in tennis whites. That would have gone better with those shoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Donald has a "story," too.
    ^^this. Donald completely turned around his life with hard work, dedication, and talent. William made a name for himself by being "good looking". He just needed to smile for the cameras- no talent needed for that. Just good genes.

vCash
    ^^this. Donald completely turned around his life with hard work, dedication, and talent. William made a name for himself by being "good looking". He just needed to smile for the cameras- no talent needed for that. Just good genes.
    Really, I think they both had an awful time growing up.

vCash
    Does the average viewer/voter know Donald's story, though?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast