Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Yes indeed!! A very Happy Birthday to a young lady who is very lucky to be w/us considering how close both she and Sophie came to leaving us so many years ago today. I hope Louise had a day filled her friends, Family and most importantly, lots of cake!!

Was just checking out YouTube after a Flash Player upgrade to make sure it went through properly and I found this...

BBC News ~ A preview of the Diamonds exhibit this summer at BP

Please ensure that you have something to wipe the drool off of your computer screens after viewing...

edited to add...I found another video on the exhibit, but does show some other pieces of the exhibit than the first video did.

YouTube ~ The Jewelry Editor ~ Diamonds A Jubilee Celebration

I never knew the Marquise cut diamond that's one of the two hanging "tassels" of the Cambridge emeralds set is one of the pieces from the original Culillnan Diamond. Learn something new everyday.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 11-09-2012 at 12:26 AM.

vCash
    What is the "filigree" crown at 3:02 in the first video?

vCash
    I'm going by sheer guess work here, but I think this could help you out...

Order of Sartorial Splendour ~ Flashback Friday ~ A Few of Camilla's Sparkliest Things

Middle one in the picture spread of Camilla and the tiaras she's worn so far. Wish that picture of her wearing the Teck Crescent Tiara was a clearer one, as I've never seen it worn outside of the Queen Mum just before and after WWII and all of those are black and white photos. It's one of the tiaras I can see easily suiting Kate one of these days too.

Anyway...If I'm right and that is the tiara you're talking about, there's more information about it at...

Order of Splendour ~ Flashback Friday ~ Tiaras Lost and Found

Hope that helps!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Yes indeed!! A very Happy Birthday to a young lady who is very lucky to be w/us considering how close both she and Sophie came to leaving us so many years ago today. I hope Louise had a day filled her friends, Family and most importantly, lots of cake!!

Was just checking out YouTube after a Flash Player upgrade to make sure it went through properly and I found this...

BBC News ~ A preview of the Diamonds exhibit this summer at BP

Please ensure that you have something to wipe the drool off of your computer screens after viewing...

edited to add...I found another video on the exhibit, but does show some other pieces of the exhibit than the first video did.

YouTube ~ The Jewelry Editor ~ Diamonds A Jubilee Celebration

I never knew the Marquise cut diamond that's one of the two hanging "tassels" of the Cambridge emeralds set is one of the pieces from the original Culillnan Diamond. Learn something new everyday.
    exquisite pieces---I never cared a lot about diamonds but when they are that "perfect" they are mesmerizing...

vCash
    CBC News has two Royal shows on Sunday night
    Will and Kate Baby Fever (about raising a future monarch in the modern age
    http://www.cbc.ca/passionateeye/epis...aby-fever.html

and
    My Mother Diana
    http://www.cbc.ca/passionateeye/epis...her-diana.html

vCash
    Earlier this week in her role as Colonel in Chief of 22 Field Ambulance, Sophie presented Medals to personnel after they had just returned from a stint in Afghanistan. The true highlight however, was the little Sophie that presented flowers to HRH...

Daily Mail ~ Sophie's hug for little Sophie: The Countess of Wessex gives cute three-year-old a cuddle during visit to Army medics

They're pretty much a perfect match colour wise, aren't they?

Those pictures of the two of them are just too lovely and adorable for words.

vCash
    Earlier this week in her role as Colonel in Chief of 22 Field Ambulance, Sophie presented Medals to personnel after they had just returned from a stint in Afghanistan. The true highlight however, was the little Sophie that presented flowers to HRH...

Daily Mail ~ Sophie's hug for little Sophie: The Countess of Wessex gives cute three-year-old a cuddle during visit to Army medics

They're pretty much a perfect match colour wise, aren't they?

Those pictures of the two of them are just too lovely and adorable for words.
    Just gorgeous. Loved how the Countess opened her arms to the little girl - making little Sophie feel very special

Just a little winge here - did we really need to read about Pippa Middleton in this article - it was';t even about her sister but still the editors felt the need to slip her in

vCash
    I'm going by sheer guess work here, but I think this could help you out...

Order of Sartorial Splendour ~ Flashback Friday ~ A Few of Camilla's Sparkliest Things

Middle one in the picture spread of Camilla and the tiaras she's worn so far. Wish that picture of her wearing the Teck Crescent Tiara was a clearer one, as I've never seen it worn outside of the Queen Mum just before and after WWII and all of those are black and white photos. It's one of the tiaras I can see easily suiting Kate one of these days too.

Anyway...If I'm right and that is the tiara you're talking about, there's more information about it at...

Order of Splendour ~ Flashback Friday ~ Tiaras Lost and Found

Hope that helps!!
    Thanks. That is the one I meant.
    I think that its' really beautiful; and knew nothing about it.

vCash
    You're welcome and ITA, the Durbar tiara is gorgeous!!

I just stumbled across this...

YouTube ~ The Royal Family of The United Kingdom and Northern Ireland

Some lovely pictures there I haven't seen before. Including one where William and Harry are in kilts in a Grandparents and Grandchildren portrait picture. One of the very few of those and this one's lovely.

vCash

vCash
    Charles and Camilla are back from their tour of New Zealand and Australia, and as always, the Order of Sartorial Splendor has an excellent post up.

LOVE Camilla in this dress.
    Do NOT love Camilla in THIS dress, far left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    Charles and Camilla are back from their tour of New Zealand and Australia, and as always, the Order of Sartorial Splendor has an excellent post up.

ITA, but I do love the hair, make up, and jewelry that went with the second dress.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post

That 2nd dress should be burned .. it's horrible on her!

vCash
    If you're all talking about the dress where it looks like a wild cat was let loose inside of Camilla's closet and at the skirt, then ITA w/all of you!! That thing's hideous!!!

Speaking of clothing and Royals...

Daily Mail ~A royal snub! Kim Kardashian sends Kate Middleton freebie clothing from her Kollection ... but the Duchess sends them straight back

Even though that "Kate Middleton" mention in the headline has the same effect on me as fingernails going down a blackboard, even that can't prevent the grin on my face reading this produced. Even if it isn't true, which I doubt considering just who and what "Kollection" we're talking about here, it's still managed to give me a good chuckle.

edited to add...Monaco is in the middle of celebrating their National Day w/celebrations spanning the weekend and ending on Monday. As part of them, annual awards are given out and Charlene now has the Order of St. Charles, which is also considered to be the main Order/honour given by the Principality...

Facebook ~ Palais Princier de Monaco - Prince's Palace of Monaco (Official)'s Photos
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 11-18-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I really need to not click links to Sartorial Splendour...I get SO sucked in and there goes the morning....

vCash
    I can't imagine the Duchess wearing anything designed by a Kardashian!
    I assume that it's policy to refuse anything unsolicited; which has been sent in hopes of gaining publicity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I can't imagine the Duchess wearing anything designed by a Kardashian!
    I assume that it's policy to refuse anything unsolicited; which has been sent in hopes of gaining publicity.
    Yes, there has been a fair amount written about unsolicited gifts (although I'm sure they never solicit gifts, but I digress ...) All of the clothes sent to Kate are returned with a thanks but no thanks. That goes for Kardashian stuff as well as Valentino.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    While I know the odds are excellent Kate never saw the "gift" from those I shall not name as I'm sick and tired of them, and it was one of the staff members who accepted it and then returned it, it was still sent to Kate and more in the intention of "The hottest Royal out there fashion wise wearing *my* things!!" and knowing if she was seen wearing one of the Kreations of the Kollection, the sales would be through the roof.

Big difference between Kate and those I shall not name though? There's a *huge* difference between true Class and those who are trying to buy it. Those who are trying to buy it got a, forgive me here but I can't resist myself, Royal Slapdown!!

And I still can't keep from grinning in glee over it.

Okay...Enough said about that.

Yesterday in Holland, Crown Princess Maxima and Princesses Amalia, Alexia and Ariane were joined by a few hundred of their friends to welcome Sinterklaas and officially kick off the Holiday Season in the Netherlands.

This video is a hoot and a half....

YouTube ~ A Royal Welcome for Sinterklaas

Great photo gallery here...

Dutch Photo Press ~ Princesses Amalia, Alexia and Ariane welcomes Sinterklaas

And as many of us over at the one Royalty MB I belong to are wondering, yes, it does look like Princess Ariane has given herself a hair don't w/her own scissors at some point recently doesn't it?

vCash
    Just wanted to say Happy 65th wedding anniversary to Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip. Not too many couples make it to that milestone.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Indeed a milestone - I do hope they are happy

Here's something fun - a Day in the Life of Prince William on the job - http://www.dukeandduchessofcambridge...in-pictures#na

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast