Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    My favorite responses around the net involve explanations that "royal advisers" would plan the timing of a pregnancy better than this. As if a team of people in an office at Buckingham Palace has put a conception date on their official calendar of duties and, like every couple in the world, they can conceive on demand exactly when they wish to.
    Don't laugh... My mom told me that in connection with the Olympic Games they said on TV that Kate wasn't allowed to get pregnant until after the Olympic Games so the birth of a royal baby wouldn't interfer with the Queens Jubilee and the Olympic Games.
    Since they had to marry in April 2011 and everything was timed around the Jubilee and the Olympic Games, I find it completely believeable that she wouldn't have been allowed to get pregnant even if she had wanted to become pregnant. (and it was a reliable TV channel as well, not one of those vying for attention. Maybe it was even the radio)

vCash
    With all that's happened with monarchy over the years, i'd put nothing past them! Who knows, probably they themselves didn't want to have children during this first year of their marriage. They knew 2012 would be very busy and, remember, there was speculation that they had to marry last year because if they did it this year it would also upstage the jubilee.

I have to say that all the dresses she's chosen so far do have slightly higher waistlines and they're not as form fitting... but that can be for any number of reasons, with the most obvious being the heat and humidity.

And there was no way, no matter what, that they'd be cancelling this tour considering it's on behalf of the Queen on her jubilee. They could both be sick and they'd still be out there pumping fists and flying the flag.

vCash
    HRH looked STUNNING again at an official dinner in Malaysia!

But, alas, no tiara.

vCash
    How beautiful she looks!

I wonder if we will see any of these "gifts" in use?

For Kate there was a pair of black lace peep toe shoes by the Malaysian equivalent of Jimmy Choo called Lewre with a glittering diamante clutch bag and a Batik dress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    Don't laugh... My mom told me that in connection with the Olympic Games they said on TV that Kate wasn't allowed to get pregnant until after the Olympic Games so the birth of a royal baby wouldn't interfer with the Queens Jubilee and the Olympic Games.
    Since they had to marry in April 2011 and everything was timed around the Jubilee and the Olympic Games, I find it completely believeable that she wouldn't have been allowed to get pregnant even if she had wanted to become pregnant. (and it was a reliable TV channel as well, not one of those vying for attention. Maybe it was even the radio)
    Eh...considering that neither the Queen or Prince Charles knew he proposed to her until after the fact and that the Queen specifically and personally told William that the wedding guest list should start with their own friends then the others could be added...I think that kind of control of personal things is not happening so much. Plus, seriously, people, unless they are being forced to be abstinent, it could happen "off schedule". The Queen did not "schedule" her last two pregnancies which occurred when she was already Queen. In fact, with one of them (I think Edward) a high profile and important trip to Africa had to be canceled as it was scheduled(prior to the pregnancy) for her third trimester.

Make no mistake, advisors have huge input into details like what to wear, what to say, and such, but they aren't in the bedroom with them determining such personal things.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

But, alas, no tiara.
    Wow - she looked absolutely spectacular - what a fabulous dress

vCash
    The dress was such that she didn't need a tiara.
    I'm still looking forward to seeing one, someday.

vCash
    Can you imagine her in a chignon or some up-do with a medium-sized tiara? Gorgeous....

Remembering 9/11 the last few days and how all-out supportive the Queen was during a rough period (and Canada too---all of those flights!)

vCash
    I really did not like that dress. She's had many better ones... and I think that's the most cleavage she's ever shown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    I really did not like that dress. She's had many better ones... and I think that's the most cleavage she's ever shown.
    I liked the dress -- except for the contrasting bodice, which in pure white, really stood out from the rest of her attire -- as if her breasts were calling out "hey, look at us!". I think if it had been of that same gold motif fabric as the rest, it would have been much nicer.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Yeah, my immediate reaction to seeing the evening gown was not a positive one. But I'm finding the more I look at it the more I'm coming around. I like the white and gold embroidered hibiscus flowers and the sleeves are very pretty, but I just don't like the bodice. Too much decolletage for the event considering what all the other women were wearing. For the US and Europe it's positively modest, but for a predominantly Muslim country, I'm curious if it's considered the opposite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    Yeah, my immediate reaction to seeing the evening gown was not a positive one. But I'm finding the more I look at it the more I'm coming around. I like the white and gold embroidered hibiscus flowers and the sleeves are very pretty, but I just don't like the bodice. Too much decolletage for the event considering what all the other women were wearing. For the US and Europe it's positively modest, but for a predominantly Muslim country, I'm curious if it's considered the opposite.
    These tours are not events where she throws some clothes in a bag. If there was any question about the neckline of this dress offending the host country, she wouldn't be wearing it. This wardrobe was planned event by event with color, fabric, cut and details (like the hibiscus flowers) carefully selected for each event and country with cultural considerations taken into account, and people with diplomatic expertise would have been involved in making the choices.

I am more than amused how all around the internet people seem to believe that 1--she picks all of her own clothes all by herself with nary an assistant taking a peak while at the same time 2--royal advisors are meticulously scheduling the conception of their first child.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Holy Wowza!!! That is some dress and the colour of it just really makes Kate shine. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

Has anyone seen anything about how her speech went earlier today, either than the brief mention of it in the article Fergus shared w/us?

In that other Royal Visit...Sophie and Edward are in Nunavut today...

CBC ~ Sophie and Edward in Iqaluit

Don't know if that's what the actual article is titled, as it's taking it's sweet time loading on my computer.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    1--she picks all of her own clothes all by herself with nary an assistant taking a peak while at the same time 2--royal advisors are meticulously scheduling the conception of their first child.
    I would volunteer for job # 1, but definitely not for job # 2!

vCash
    Yes, I'm aware that Kate doesn't just throw any old thing in a bag for the trip, and I know she's got umpteen dozen advisers to direct her on protocol and sartorial choices. I'm just looking at photos of what the other ladies around her were wearing and their necklines were much higher. As I'm sure Kate's dress met all the requirements for the event then there isn't a problem. It was just an observation.

vCash
    I dislike the dress because i don't like white and gold together. Just a personal preference....and she looks better in jewel tones.

vCash
    Ugh - some french magazine is claiming to have topless pics of the Duchess snapped while she was vacationing in France last week JERKS.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    I dislike the dress because i don't like white and gold together. Just a personal preference
    Uh-oh, seeing the NY Fashion Week Spring 2013 shows, there's gonna be a lot of white and gold soon. Lotsa china pattern-y stuff.

....and she looks better in jewel tones.
    So much pretty.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Sigh...I'm going to have to use my Niece as a go between to lodge a complaint w/CTV News over calling Kate, Kate you know what, instead of Kate/Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge in the lead into the piece on her speech they just showed. I've been noticing in the comments sections of articles the last few months the majority of them have been along the same lines. She's not Kate Middleton anymore, so stop calling her that!!

Sorry for the rant, but...

Anyway....Speaking of her Speech...

YouTube ~ Duchess of Cambridge first overseas speech in Malaysia 9-13-12

Now it's pretty noticeable this was filmed off of a TV and then posted to YouTube, but due to that, you need to really turn your volume up to just about blasting levels to hear it properly. Since that's now out of the way...

While she still needs to work on some things, I see a real improvement between this and her first speech back in February. Kate still needs to work on those long pauses, *but* I thought she came across far less nervous and didn't look so stiff while delivering her speech today.

She'll only get better as time goes on, but I think this is a giant step up for Kate as she continues to get more comfortable in her Public Role. Good for her and Congratulations HRH!!

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast